VictorPride complaint

CKEY: Kainoa

Your Discord: TothBrush#7048

Offender’s CKEY: VictorPride (edited out zeskorion who had nothign to do with it)

LRP or MRP server: LRP

Date (MM-DD-YYYY): 10-14-2019

Round Number: 7998

Complaint: The chaplain and I were both fighting a ling together. I misclicked him once and he killed me while I was trying to apologize in the chat. My ahelp was declined without a single word or explanation

Incident Description: I dragged a ling to the chapel. The chaplain was trying to help me cremate the ling. We were both trying to cremate the ling but the crematorium was broken. Two more people from sec came and also were trying to help. The borg was also helping and went and got the gibber to come bring it to let us gib the ling. During this time the ling revived more than once and we had to kill it again a few times. There were SIX of us all cramped inside this tiny ass room and 5 of us were trying to beat the fuck out of a ling who was using rest to crawl under us and around in circles. He had harm intent on this entire time so whenever one of us wanted to move past him we’d have to push him over because he refused to turn off harm intent

During this time I misclicked him ONE SINGLE TIME with a weapon that only dealt 10 damage in the middle of a fight against a ling and he put me into crit instantly with zero hesitation while I was typing into chat that it was a misclick. He completely ignored me despite me telling him it was a misclick and crit me while I was typing sorry.

My ahelp was fucking closed without any info whatsoever from the admins. I don’t even know which of these two closed it since they didn’t even respond.

Additional Information:
Here’s the room we were all cramped in in case anyone wants to see: https://i.imgur.com/PK2SYe5.png
Four humans a borg and a ling all completely confined into this area of only 11 useable spaces since the gibber was where the blue arrow points and when someone fucking valids me for a single misclick I don’t even get an admin reply.

https://i.imgur.com/DrM0u7y.png Heres so you can see what it looked like from my perspective.

Preemptively answering something someone in discord brought up:

Again, look from his PoV
hes trying to cremate a ling
some fuck starts attacking him
probably another ling

I dragged the ling to the crematorium and the chaplain watched me. Both me and the chaplain killed the ling together after he revived two times while we were trying to cremate in the broken cremator and while we were waiting for the borg to bring the gibber.

I closed the ticket as IC because I saw the whole thing and it was a messy fight. He’d been attacked already because he had a dark blessing on a changeling round (and later even indeed killed for it), and you tried to drag the changeling away at one point. Hitting him further added to the confusion, so I can understand the escalation. You were critted but healed shortly afterwards once the ling was dead, and I gave him a warning IC as sec as I thought it did not warrant an OOC overescalation warning when looking at the wider context.

He knew I wasn’t a ling because I was the one who personally dragged the ling to the chapel while he was waiting there for me to come. You showed up late. When I dragged the ling to the chapel I had said over comms that I was and the borg was following me ready to flash the ling if he spam cryostung me while downed.
When I got there the chaplain and I both tried to cremate the ling, which is why it took so long. The cremator had been vandalized somehow that I dont know of so it didn’t work and we both tried once or twice. He got up and we both beat down the ling together twice before you arrived.

I closed the ticket as IC because I saw the whole thing and it was a messy fight

You did not see the whole thing.

He’d been attacked already because he had a dark blessing on a changeling round

Read the chat. Look at the screenshot I posted. I told him it was a misclick and I was put into crit while I was typing sorry.

Also that’s not my fucking problem. If he picks dark blessing and then it’s a changeling round that doesn’t give him the right to slaughter people over nothing.

Hitting him further added to the confusion, so I can understand the escalation

No it did not add to the confusion. He escalated because he was validhunting me after I kept having to push him since he refused to exit harm intent.

You were critted but healed shortly afterwards once the ling was dead, and I gave him a warning IC as sec as I thought it did not warrant an OOC overescalation warning when looking at the wider context.

That’s the fucking problem. HE CRIT ME ON THE SPOT INSTANTLY because I misclicked him once with a weapon that deals 10 brute damage in the middle of a fight where he clearly fucking knew I was not an antag and I wasn’t trying to kill him.

He was validhunting me on purpose and you only ignored it because you didn’t know what was going on.

Literally jsut look at the screenshot from my perspective and tell me it’s a reasonable escalation of force. https://i.imgur.com/DrM0u7y.png

PS dont give people fucking warnings for attempted murder

I think this warrants at least a bwoink, killing someone who hits you during a crazy combat scenario is understandable(I legitimately do not usually look at the chat window when I’m fighting), but the offender had a lot of previous evidence that the victim was not an antagonist and should have at least been talked to.

Not gonna strike or note Victor for this, just giving my recommendation.

Break his kneecaps zanos

Not really. Do you think while he was killing me he ever stopped to think “hmm I wonder why the CE, who I am killing, put away his weapon and is standing still with a speech bubble over his head?”

The guy was clearly fucking trying to fucking validhunt me.

Resolving. Seems like a messy situation and a misunderstanding.