VictorPride banned by Bloons3

I believe these were the instances that led to the ban based on what I saw in the logs, but there is more if it’s necessary for me to dig up. Non-lethal force used against both Alfred Collins and Good Boy both.

Despite the initial reaction to the borg, I still don’t believe they were valid hunting - I only skimmed for other interactions, but I never saw any immediate escalation of lethals outside of the case with the borg that disobeyed a direct order and was already acting somewhat suspiciously.

Only thing ban worthy he did was killing the borg because he didn’t examine it but that can be chalked up to being babby
This ban also already expired

Hmm being the borg would mean that they took a ticket they’re personally involved in as well.

Like I said in the OP, regardless of expiry I’d like the ban purged from my record and I also believe it was partially the reason why the player report I had to make was initially closed as IC.

Well mystery solved then. Victor’s actions are completely justified and Bloons3 seemed to have used their admin powers in an abusive way due to an earlier occurrence. This is badmin conduct and not only does Victor deserve to be unbanned but Bloons3 who literally just became an admin like a week ago should be removed from the admin team.

Time to see if the new generation of Bee will protect badmins like the old or if they will do the right thing I guess.

Thanks for the support but the ban has already expired and I don’t think one mistake is cause for removal. I would just like it purged from my record and the player report I made to be evaluated properly.

I already have other related notes on my record of which at least one was falsely attributed (given to me instead of the person I reported, and I was unbanned quickly after but it’s still on my record and no-one will remove it) so I don’t want more stuff on it when note history is being taken into account in future bans.

If he is willing to abuse his power so blatantly while still being a trial admin within a week you won’t be the only victim hun. So at this point this issue is larger than you. But totes your notes should be removed and I know how that feels. I have a long list of notes despite a history of successful appeals.

Bloons has been an incredibly active trial admin. More adminning means more mistakes will be made.

2 Likes

You cannot deem this to be a mistake. This is terribly dishonest of you to come to his defense. This wasn’t a act of misjudgement due to lack of proper investigation on his part. Instead what we see is him apparently going against asimov law and getting killed for it. Then using his admin in against the very player that killed him for a absurd reason in which Victor was completely justified and there was no question of it further due to Kate even being a traitor.

So I guess it’s back to blatant abuse and shrugs then?

Also your defense of him being active as a reason to keep him around is pathetic. If he is such a crutch to you that you can overlook misdeeds simply because he’s around than why aren’t you or anyone else? Why does this server have a long history of giving admins to people over and over again that realize being a admin isn’t fun and so they just ignore ahelps unless of course it’s in their self interest? Then the moment when you actually have a active admin you try to hold onto them for dear life because they actually try to work no matter how good or bad they are. Eventually they get burnt out and sick of seeing 5 admins online with only them handling tickets.

I swear to Goddess it’s like being stuck on groundhog day with this nonsense because it’s the same story over and over again. No one ever learns a lesson here.

edit One last thing why are all overlooking the fact that he also seemed to have broken the in-game rules? If he was in Asimov and he refused sensible orders and talked back to the Head of Security this itself is a bannable offense at-least from silicon roles. Yet all you do is defend him.

2 Likes

Because he didn’t actually break asimov I was there and I knew he opened his cover

The cover is unlocked, clearly. Before the “bite me” message even. Like I said, I couldn’t validate the attempts to pry it open at all - I’m not sure where to look. I do agree with over-escalation against the borg, but not aggressive validhunting the whole round. I saw nothing but attempts to non-lethal and arrest everyone else, and only people who were guilty of something

Lethals were escalated to only after non-lethal attempts.

I gave you the 4hr sec ban because generally you play security very aggressively on MRP. It was 4 hours because didn’t feel a 24 hour or longer ban was appropriate. I just wanted you to play something other than security for a little bit to cool off.

You had more options than to just shotgun copypasta. You have disablers, flashbangs, and other non-lethal devices (like beanbag instead of buckshot). From what I saw in the logs, you went straight from disabler to buckshot. That was what I took issue with.

As to me being the borg earlier in the round, I was answering someone’s mentorhelp during the conversation. Even though you rather quickly jumped to your guns and executed me rather quickly, I didn’t admin PM you about it because A) I was involved in the situation, and B) it was like 20% over-escalate and 80% deserved.

30 minutes later in the round, after bwoinking Good Boy about their murderbone and then realizing that they had a hijack objective (dunno how that even happened, could not have been a worse combination), I got the ahelp about you from Kate Bishop, saying that you were validhunting.

Also, as a note about the holoparasite, it didn’t pop out until you were already executing them. At no point in the initial arrest did it pop out.

I’m positive I attempted to unlock the cover multiple times between making the request and hearing “bite me”. At which point I put away the crowbar and took out lethals because of refusing to obey Law 2. Perhaps I was mistaken in that you unlocked it a few seconds before saying “bite me”, but at that point the verbal refusal made it seem like the cover still wasn’t going to be opened.

I then deconstructed you into an MMI in order to question about who subverted you, hoping that because you’re no longer a borg you’d now be able to explain that you’d been emagged and I could then have you reborged. To my recollection you were uncooperative and soon after went unresponsive from the MMI. Later when I found you’d come back into the MMI I questioned some more, but denied being subverted so I just gave your MMI to robotics.

On Kate I used disablers to little effect, didn’t have beanbags as I had just come from chasing down murderboning Good Boy, and they were moving too fast to reliably get a flashbang off. Looking at the logs now I didn’t even crit them, it was my officer who did so. I even barely clipped them with the first shot because they were weaving so much.

If you would like the ban removed, I can remove it.
The purpose of it was just to get you off of security for a few hours, since that round and the previous rounds you seemed to have a “shoot first and ask questions latter” attitude.

Except it has been well established that round that he acted accordingly. You are wrong here and the ban should have never happened to begin with. Even if he act in an unacceptable manner the previous round you should have then taken action. Which despite being the most relevant time for you to share such you also fail to so now your very claim has to be in question.

So, let me ask you this. Do you think someone should be a admin if they are now so untrustworthy that we need to see every little thing they say is true? If you don’t, than why haven’t you resigned yet? If you do, than why haven’t you been demoted yet? Because you are now that admin.

The fact that you are even offering this in a question when he has expressed that he desires the notes on this to be removed is also a real jerk move. He made his desires clear, you asking this is purposefully just holding above him. You were caught, now take that off his notes.

Then resign.

@VictorPride
@Ruko
@zeskorion

After talking with Ruko, I will be retracting this ban.

I hope that you don’t feel that this was part of some grander conspiracy against you.
From what I’ve seen, you are an effective security player. As such, when people get caught, they ahelp your behavior. There’s more than a few people who’ve ahelped Ogan for meta or overescalation, when all he did was just watch cameras from the Warden’s Office.

For the past few rounds I had seen of you, especially in the context of ahelps, you were running your security job effectively, which I wrongly interpreted as you being a bit quick to validhunt.

After talking with Ruko about it, he showed me that the quick glimpse of you that I had seen that round with Kate was misleading, and that you weren’t validhunting or over-escalating.

I apologize for banning you, and will be talking with one of the senior admins about how to retract the note on your record. I hope that this incident has not soured your opinion of me.

Your bad and should feel bad

Thank you. I think you’re a good admin based off the various other tickets I’ve had with you so don’t worry one incident isn’t going to affect that. Whilst Zoey I believe has good intentions in trying to keep admins accountable it’s still overly harsh to ask for resignation over one event considering this is a trial period and the ban was a very minor one anyway.

Thank you to all who posted on this appeal, and a special thanks to @Ruko for doing the logdiving and subsequent analysis, it’s been much appreciated.

1 Like