CKEY:kennybadrige

Your Discord:Kenny#3210

Offender’s CKEY:Vaporwhisp

LRP or MRP server:MRP

Offender’s In-Game Name:Spica MT

Date (MM-DD-YYYY):05-02-2021

Round Number:29304

Rules Broken: SOP violation (CE bag searching on green), M3

Incident Description: As the CE preforms bag checks on green alert. Had another engineer kitted out in sec gear and riot armor as their enforcer. He apparently valid’d vaughn who was another heretic during the round while they were talking to a random person they flash stunned and killed them.

Additional information:
mrp

1 Like

I am not here to argue, I am here to provide context where none is given. That round, there were no security early on (we gained a few more later, but definitely not even close to a full department); so we, the command staff discussed amongst ourselves that departments would police themselves. We nominated people from our departments to be deputized, Canopus was our deputy. Canopus’ gimmick is that they don’t speak Common (because the foreigner trait is debilitating), so of course I would accompany them to talk to a non-Ethereal. Before I had a chance to explain this after asking for the bag check, he pulled an axe and tried to kill Canopus with it. He missed his hand thing on me, so I got a lucky batong hit to detain him, and Canopus put cuffs on him. We then called for sec and drug him out to the hall.

Vaughn broke into Tech Storage about midway through the round to grab the swrilies, and then was doing Heretic stuff right outside Engineering’s door, was I supposed to ignore him and let him just do as he pleased? As I was dragging HIM to sec, a Sentient Slime jumped on him, and I wasn’t going to risk my life by stopping to save a heretic who could then get back up and kill him relatively easily.

Again, not here to argue, just to provide clarification.

1 Like

I definitely feel this could potentially fall under any grey area the staff has for things progressing and shifting ICly, but the core purpose of M2 (in my eyes) is that your staff would never be equipped or should be arming themselves as a militia without a much more severe cause and justification. If @Kenny is right and it was on green alert, you shouldn’t have been visibly geared and/or your weapons holstered,

and a bag check would technically require an official warrant from HoS/Captain. I’m doubtful this actually happens on green alerts on MRP but if we’re by the book here, you stepped out of your reigns of authority even if you were all officially deputized.

Fun fact, I found out on Code Red tracking suit sensors are a legal requirement:

I appreciate the clarification of exactly where we went wrong. Yeah, Cano shouldn’t have been in the riot armor at all, but their IC justification was “It’s so cool though”, but that’s still MY fault.

Cano here. Admittedly I kept the riot armor on because it was cool (and loud!) but I thankfully didn’t need or use any of the other sec gear we got at all until that atmos incident. Most of that round was spent by all of us just renovating and reinforcing Engineering’s lobby to match the whole pseudo-nations/deputy thing that went on so as far as I’m concerned validhunting was out of the question, all the heretic stuff just happened to come to us.

With regards to the sop break, while yes they did breach operating procedures, I feel as though this falls squarely within the realm of IC conflict.

For one, they were deputized, meaning that they had no formal training and would arguably only be aware of basic procedures for security. I personally wouldn’t expect them to have memorized crew rights or full procedures being a short term volunteer.

This is probably something that should have been brought up to whoever would have been their superior at the time, probably whoever was in charge of the station at the time. From there, said superior would be responsible for deciding how to handle the deputy.

As an added aside, outside of really egregious breaks, we don’t generally punish non-heads for SoP breaks since it’s again the head’s responsibility to handle that stuff.