CKEY: TeomanTheGreat

Your Discord: TeomanTheGreat

Offender’s CKEY: Not sure

Offender’s In-Game Name: Yee Haw

Server (Sage or Acacia): Sage

Date (MM-DD-YYYY):

Round Number: 41988

Rules Broken: Validhunting

Incident Description: So i rolled tot and basically the whole shift was chaotic leading to people arming up due to xenos and such. This incident happened in the shuttle cockpit. I basically blocked myself in with two people one of which was Yee Haw the mime and some scientist. I decided to hijack the shuttle since why not so i started hacking the console. What i did not expect was the mime to shoot me with a laser gun while i was typing something witty to say in the meantime. If you see a suspicious figure in a riot suit hacking a shuttle console with unknown capabilities what would you do if you had a gun and were not combat trained. Clearly you would pull it out and start blasting. Im not truly sure if it counts as validhunting but it feels highly shitty. My holopara then popped out to fight them but the mime dodged them and killed me. If i were in that situation as a mime i may try to shove them and such or maybe just ignore it since there is a literal xeno queen on the shuttle that is most likely heading towards the cockpit too.

Additional Information:
Not sure if this is an actual rulebreak or if this report is a result of just salt on my behalf so hopefully an admeme can decide if my argument is coherent.

2 Likes

As far as I am aware, anyone can attempt to prevent hijacking the shuttle, since it effectively means death or worse for all non agents aboard the shuttle. its not really valid hunting, and you didn’t NEED to hijack so you did it to yourself.

If you are on an airplane, and it gets hijacked, do you sit there and think to yourself “shucks! It sure was a nice life, time to die i guess”? Its not unheard of for hijackers of any kind to get fought against. Now imagine you see someone hijacking the plane. they dont appear to be armed, but they simply snuck into the cockpit while one of the pilots was in the bathroom or something idk. You have the means to prevent the hijacking. You know that if you do not stop it, you might die, or worse. Do you do something, or accept death despite having a clear means to prevent it?

3 Likes

i am uncertain if there was a hijack attempt even made. i only noticed thats a single command Id was swiped. but no hijack attempt
@TeomanTheGreat_Phil was the comamnd Id swipe the hijack thign you mentioned?

no i alt clicked the console and it didnt finish actually doing the progress bar. they just heard it and were in the room.

i was in a riot suit and had two laser guns on me.

this is the bigger red flag to me, since you never actually got to a point in the hijack where it was noticeable that you were specifically hijacking the shuttle. As far as I am aware you can prevent hijackings, at least based on previous admin rulings, but this seems like jumping the gun. On top of that, incapacitation seems like the route to go here, but they killed you which is clearly over escalation by a non antagonist

1 Like

It is noticeable. Even if you don’t finish a hijack stage the console says something about overriding software to everyone in the room.

2 Likes

Irrelevant. They had an holopara.

We both know that once the mime started shooting, he had to finish it or the holopara would have remained a threat and killed the mime, or sufficiently healed Phil to where Phil could take vengeance on the mime.

Taking holopara is no different from taking Hulk, and for some reason being surprised at people being jumpy at you in conflict kinda baffles me. You cannot be incapacitated. You are a threat until dealt with.

1 Like

Main issue being: The one who did it is a Mime

First we could start with:

• Why was the mime armed? Sure, Xenos, ok, treat seems to be on-going based on what Phil asid, but did he got officially deputized or broke into armory/walked in, grabbed guns and went to hunt le valid xenomorph? There’s a difference between Captain doing Red alert and sending a bridge message saying: ‘‘I NEED ALL HANDS ON DECK, SECURITY IS DEAD, GRAB A WEAPON AND PRAY YOU HIT A XENO’’ which hereby authorizes non-combat trained personnel to have a weapon to the mime just walking to armory and grabbing one, this of course would need to be log-checked

Next point

• The mime, the scientist and Phil where trapped in command cockpit, possibly by walls from what Phil is saying, he clearly saw that Phil was armed and with a riot suit armor, the only thing the mime knows, from their IC view is that Phil is typing some weird stuff on the console and an alarm with a semi-encrypted message is going off, the mime IC doesn’t know what’s gonna happen, unless you had Captain literally begging on radio screaming for someone to stop it, even so as a civilian they shouldn’t be there

Next point

• The mime, who’s already started the shooting just to kill the valid rather than act on self defense, shouldn’t even know how a Holopara works or a Hulk if we go with the other example

In my eyes, this is a clear example of someone being a validhunter, if they would’ve let Phil type, maybe he could’ve said ‘‘Don’t worry, this will take us home quicker and save us from the Xenomorphs’’ or anything, but the thing is he didn’t even got a chance to say a word before he got lethal’d by a mime.

If Phil didn’t had a holopara, yes the route would’ve been to just incapacitate them but even then you need to have a strong justification

If the Captain, or anyone on command spoke about the hijack by the time it happened then it may enter one of those excepcional cases where it was ‘’‘’‘authorized’‘’’ to stop it because they voiced that if the hijack went through, they would all die regardless (Not like they didn’t had a xenoqueen at the moment to dealt with)

From what i’ve experienced this is a case of validhunt and disregard for any IC RP, of course ultimately this will fall on the admin to review and see all the logs to see if the ‘‘preven hijack’’ was warranted, but i just wanted to speak a little about it.

Also

If you are on an airplane, and it gets hijacked, do you sit there and think to yourself “shucks! It sure was a nice life, time to die i guess”? Its not unheard of for hijackers of any kind to get fought against. Now imagine you see someone hijacking the plane. they dont appear to be armed, but they simply snuck into the cockpit while one of the pilots was in the bathroom or something idk. You have the means to prevent the hijacking. You know that if you do not stop it, you might die, or worse. Do you do something, or accept death despite having a clear means to prevent it?

You have IRL people who’s been heroes and charged against the hijackers and others who just panicked and couldn’t do a thing. Now on top of that you add that Phil was armed and there’s also the ‘‘IC stress’’ of having a xenoqueen breathing down your neck… i don’t think the Mime had a roleplay mentality at all.

As a final point, yeah if Phil didn’t had hijack it’s… questionable since iirc it’s not allowed unless there’s extreme circumstances, in this case… a Xeno infestation with a queen on board of the shuttle, hell Phil could’ve negotiated that ‘‘This will prevent them from reaching centcom, we will save lives, we will take them to a base with a self detonation device!’’ But alas, the mime shoot first and Phil couldn’t RP a word, the end.

Overall we’re missing the context on what Command/Security said regarding the Xenos and how openly they were to the crew with authorizations to deal with them, alongside the follow up when the first hijack message went through.

2 Likes

hijack means you are killable by everyone in my experience… does not matter what you have or say.

I do it specifically to start fights in the cockpit with those who wanna rumble or just to see who was eorg prepping or powergaming.

About this one. Pretty much whole crew went to armory and we’re armed so I’m not really considering that to be the problem.

I don’t believe the mime even saw my holopara at all until after they started firing.

Infact I was typing something along the lines of “I have people who will protect us better” while mime started opening fire.

The full follow up is I used my holopara (explosive type which teleports on hit) to clear the room of command staff (this sent them into space) with no witnesses. No one saw or heard anything and the next person to arrive was a seccie who didn’t know and I told him xenos we’re outside in space and he started firing into space and then the seccie left. Then at one point I think a chemist melted a wall but I don’t remember if this was before or after but then I patched that up and barricaded another door with an rcd. Then I think the incident in question occured but my memory may be failing me.

Oh also I did try hijacking earlier too but that was when actual command staff were there but I didn’t finish the progress bar then as well so it never announced to anyone but the people in the room (more context on the command staff is on my other post above)

It was an explosive type and neither the mime nor the scientist would have known that as none of them had actually seen the holopara at all (heck even seeing it doesn’t tell the type so they would have to see it heal me in action which they did not).

Oh and one more thing I just thought of. How the fuck would a mime know how a holopara works even if he did know I had one?

Tldr: they didn’t even know I had a holopara

1 Like

Not sure why this hasn’t been handled? Seems relatively simple, maybe nobody was assigned?

Alrighty. I apologize for the delay in resolving this report but I’ve been very busy in the past month.

This is overall a rather simple report as I’d consider this to be mostly IC. Generally if someone starts to hijack then it is fine for the crew to fight back, as long as there is no security/command who is (or should) already be doing so.
In this specific situation the mime had already been armed due to a xeno infestation and command was busy because of said xenos. Although shitty to start blasting immediately, the specific situation allows their character to act extremely stressed and take rushed decisions.

Thank you for the report though!