CKEY: Smujge

Your Discord: Smujge#8907

Offender’s CKEY: Unknown

Offender’s In-Game Name: Unknown

Server (Sage or Acacia): Sage

Date (MM-DD-YYYY): 12/08/2022

Round Number: 41701

Rules Broken: Rule 8

Incident Description: Someone singuloosed as a non-antag. Probably a funny griff man.

Additional Information:

5 Likes

I recall the only engineer that has set that singuloloose’s name was Andrew Lawson.

2 Likes

Hello! This was me.

I’ve been trying to learn how to setup the SM engine and thought a lowish pop round would be a good opportunity. I was following the box station guide on the Wiki. I got up to the Wrenching of the gas canister step and next thing I know the SM is delaming, I assumed the SM wouldn’t heat up without emitters firing. I panicked a little and started trying to cool the gas but it ended up going ciritcal. This was also the first time I’ve had more than just the minor explosion happen and a singulo to spawn from the SM explosion, usually I get someone to check my setup before turning on the emitters but for whatever reason I don’t fully understand, it went critical when I added the cooled gas. (I guess it wasn’t cooled but I have no idea what made it hot).

In any case, this was a major fuck up on my part and I want to apologise to all of the players in that round. It was an honest mistake that caused a lot of damage. I’ll happily submit to any punishments deemed fit here but I want to highlight this wasn’t so much malicious as it was inexperience/stupidity on my part.

IMO This should go on my record so you guys make sure this isn’t me being a troll, it would be good if the antags from that round got a token or another chance, I ruined it for them massively.

2 Likes

Most frequent cause of newbie SM self-destruction is setting the air alarm too soon. This should always be the second to last step, just before turning on the emitters.

That said

It is extraordinarily unlikely to cause a singularity without trying, it requires such high pressure you would need to have been feeding it more fuel than the SM would just naturally produce on its own. Chances are someone else was sabotaging you during set-up and you aren’t actually the one at fault for it.

3 Likes

Theres an equal chance it was auxmos or the MCs fault too. Both have been acting fucky lately when auxmos was updated, and around a month ago for MC respectively.

I was setting up an sm myself when this happened and the gas tick froze and maxxed the pressure instantly. Almost got permabanned until admin investigated.

3 Likes

Yeah it’s very possible something broke with atmos. The last time I saw a singuloose the other day there was no extra gas being added to the chamber, the SM was somehow just racking up mols.

3 Likes

Yeah and then the same thing happened to me a few rounds later.
I adminbussed to delete the SM so I wouldn’t ruin the whole round for everyone else.

1 Like

so it seems to be the code issue rather than someone really wanted to do grief… most of you might agree that we had/have the atmos issue to be honest.

3 Likes

Considering it really seems like it was not in fact a funny griff man and just an honest mistake mixed with a code moment, I would like it if someone could close this report!

3 Likes

Done.
Thanks for making the report.
Sorry that this bug has been persistent.

1 Like