Unknown Shitcurity CKEY player report (shitsec shitsec shitsec)

CKEY: Tigerbrows

Your Discord: Tiger-Brows#9444

Offender’s CKEY: (shrug emoji)

Offender’s In-Game Name: Beta, Sebastian Jaeger, Cory Pyron

Server (Sage or Acacia): Sage

Date (MM-DD-YYYY): 05-27-2023

Round Number: 44212

Rules Broken: 1 (You Must Roleplay), 1.3 (Follow Space Law and SOP), 3.1 (Know how to do your job), 12 (Head of Staff Conduct)

Incident Description: Hooboy this round was a doozy

For the most part, I’m making a report about Beta, the Head of Security this round. He seemed disinclined to roleplay with anyone and had a poor grasp of space law, which is a bad look for a HoS. However, almost all of security acted poorly this round.

To tell the story, I started the round as a heretic. I went around doing heretic things, getting my pierced realities, and made my move by attacking my coworker Alten to try and sacrifice him by baiting him into the experimentation room.

It went poorly- Alten was saved by his nanites, and security arrived in time to batong me into submission while I screamed about needing him to help me see the truth. Standard stuff.

The trouble started when I got taken to security. I was immediately stripsearched in full view of the public and sec by and large refused to engage with me as I rambled on about seeing the truth and just doing my job, et cetera. Despite my only crime being assault (arguably attempted murder), I was almost immediately sentenced to Perma once the warden saw my gamer knife.

I’ll give the Warden (Sebastian Jaeger) the benefit of the doubt- it was a very hectic round due to a traitor virologist running around giving people diseases for no reason, but still, that’s not the rules.

I tried to engage with the secoff who was preparing me for perma (Cory Pyron), and he did briefly engage in roleplay but wound up muzzling me. He said it was to keep me from casting spells (For the record, I was rust path and while I did know ashen jaunt, at no point did I reveal that I knew it), but I think he just kind of wanted to shut me up. That, or it was metagaming to keep me from just jaunting away.

To the Warden’s credit, once he had a moment, he came to perma to go over my crimes, and once he realized I’d only committed Assault, he told the secoff to bring me back to the holding cells to carry out a regular sentence.

Cory dithered for a while longer, seemingly distracted by a protest that had emerged outside of sec who were protesting my arrest. Then Beta (HoS) cruised by with incendiary ammo and told Cory to just perma me.

When I was about to get perma’d again, Warden finally came and properly (“properly”, dude left me bucklecuffed) put me in a holding cell for 5 minutes. I didn’t keep track of how long I’d been dragged around in cuffs and a muzzle, but it sure was a hell of a lot longer than 5 minutes.

I waited out my sentence, gathered my belongings (they confiscated a bunch of organs i’d had, which i had for food but they probably assumed was heretic stuff), and resumed my activities. I didn’t attack anyone from this point forward, and Cory started tailing me, which was enjoyable enough. At one point he told me that “practicing my religion” was unacceptable outside of the chapel, at which point I acquiesced and went to go to the chapel to play by their rules. However, Beta attacked me again while I was going there, claiming that the Robes I’d made with the Armorer’s Ritual were contraband (I was even handing them out to anyone who wanted them).

While Beta did shoot the moment he saw me, to his credit, he did engage with me briefly, demanding I come with him to sec. Obviously, I’m not going to do that if he’s just going to steal my stuff again, so a scuffle ensues.

That’s basically it. I wander maints looking for materials for a while and to let the heat die down, and by the time I venture back out of maints, the shuttle arrives and the round ends.

All in all, Beta didn’t act with very much grace in his capacity as Head of Security and didn’t seem to know space law very well. He very much gave off the vibe of someone who was only here to roundremove the valids, and didn’t spend much time engaging with any of the antagonists in good faith. Security players that shoot first and ask questions never tend to make rounds worse for everyone, as Antagonists that try to roleplay and get frustrated by security just wordlessly bonking them usually wind up just wordlessly bonking people in turn and making rounds into silent deathmatches (especially with an antag as murderhappy as Heretic).

Additional Information: Supposedly, security in general was a shitshow this round, complete with busting out incendiary rounds on a relatively peaceful nightmare on green alert. People who were observing would know more about those breaches of SOP than I would.

One officer was also carrying a lethal weapon on green.

You can carry it, just cant unholster it.

• " Weapons worn by security are to be hidden/holstered except when in the case of an emergency."

Yes, but from officer SOP:

1. Security Officers are permitted to carry any non-lethal weaponry.
  2. Security Officers may not use Armory equipment.

Cases can be made to ignore the SOP if situation warrants it, which doesn’t seem to be the case here

5 Likes

there was a hostile nigthmare before. but thats onyl expalisn why there were lethals around.

Hostile is a bit of a stretch. I walked around the station, broke some lights, and later, when I was being chased broke a couple PDAs

I take it this is B.E.T.A. I think I’ve had a case of “bad grasp of space law” with this character in the past. But I could be wrong.

1 Like

It’s just Beta, without the acronym

2 Likes

Oh boy, I remember latejoining this round as a detective only to find that the warden had looted my locker, taken my holster and gun, loaded it with lethals and kept it on him. I knew it was a bad round from that point on.

From my experience, Beta was very focused on giving the max punishments out and while he was trying to enforce SOP by yelling not to carry lethals he also seemed misguided with his other decisions regarding punishment under space law.

4 Likes

yeah we both died ina fight and I reminded him of sec SOP in dchat because he was using incendiary lethals on blue. He did improve later into the round.

1 Like

After the Nightmare was killed and was recovered, I did not have any live ammo weapons on me and till the end of the round

At the time we met I was just woke after being revived, I had not know what you done. Now this is I failed to follow space law. I didn’t know heretic was removed for EOTC and had a new law was added that could be used to punish them. and told em to perma you I hadn’t check your record which I should have. I don’t believe i did anything wrong after that encounter

Nightmare was not hostile but Captain ordered it to be killed for breaking station property

:pensive:

You were a nightmare. “Lethal force is not permitted unless the person poses an immediate threat to your life.” does not apply to you. Correct me if I’m wrong

Again i was unaware of the change, which is entirely my fault

heretics are still nanotrasen employees, therefore the robes are nanotrasen-produced

from the Code Blue section in SOP:

• Energy guns, laser guns and riot gear are allowed to be given out to security personnel if the HoS or Warden agree

Incendiary shotgun shells do not qualify as any of these.

I do not have a response to that

depends on the shells you use though. Incendiary shells are not riot gear

I don’t think ammo types matter, lethal is lethal

Incendiary if anything is worse, it burns property, and husks.

yeah that’s what i’m arguing

pretty sure they do though, why would the SOP state only lasers, energy and riot gear are allowed?