Unknown Player report (Spindel craic)

id also like to point out this is completely false, not once did I call out anything about sec over comms until you were falsely arresting me, and by “weird tider shit” he means carrying medical supplies around i guess? or getting the tools, I literally only saw this guy twice all shift, the first time was just a glimpse and that was it, and the second time I was being arrested, and yes “murder gear” just remove all form of tools from the game they are to easy to access and some jobs even start with them, way to lethal, also remove plasma man, literaly starts with “TTV” bomb making materials.

2 Likes

Hey! i was a sec officer in this round, And i just wanted to say that at one point during boops jail time, someone tried to break them out, i arrested the person trying to break them out, but the HOS attempted to re-arrest boops, Me repeating quite alot of times to them, that it was someone else who tried to break them out, that i already arrested them and that they chose not to break out and simply stood in their cell while there was a hole in the wall there.

the HOS did not stop, and seemed to ignore me what i was telling them, just keeping on stunning them

one more thing, i also was that sec officer the HOS gave his comms to. There wasnt much activity on command comms after i got the comms tho.

4 Likes

I didn’t rearrest them, I stunned them and emptied their pockets and bag because they beelined to the pile of stuff I confiscated and started filling their inventory with it. After the initial search there was 2 minutes left on the timer so there wasn’t a lot of time to secure anything, and the second I looked away there was a gaping hole in the jail cell. I didn’t aknowledge you talking about the random person with an RCD but I heard you and believed you. I honestly didn’t care, I just wanted boops out because the entire argument was insanely toxic & OOC mean spirited at that point, and I was expecting a riot to attack the brig and all my seccies (this is what usually happens after an attempted breakout).

Thanks for the comms thing, I’m a little disappointed that boops stopped using it when it was clear I wasn’t paying attention, but not surprised. I was worried you’d get some verbal abuse, so I appreciate you shouldering that risk and acting like an intermediary.

Also to everyone playing the “what if” game, please don’t. There’s no value in pretending I would have broken the rules to deprive plasmamen of air or something. I treat every case individually with respect for context. Also a lot of people are implying we’re talking about plasmaman internal tanks, we’re not, we’re talking about the big rectangular ones that you usually see in TTVs or the radiation collectors.

i probably used the wrong word, it was just that i saw the timer was up. and you stunning them, was what i meant with “re-arresting”.

and no problem! I would probably just have told boops, if he told me anything, that i got the comms now. ^^

1 Like

by verbal abuse, they mean me asking the cap and hop for help because I’m being falsely arrested, please don’t say things that can be taken out of context like that because serious verbal abuse is against the rules and I did not do anything against the rules

1 Like

If everyone you meet is an asshole, maybe it is you that is the problem.

Access isn’t permission

Yeah but they were given it by the captain, the head of the station. If that isn’t permission what the hell is?

I let you keep your all access card, your command comms, and I lowered the timer from the reccomended 15 minutes because you were too annoying to deal with.

Emphasis is mine. You have an attitude issue, they were not and never were yours to take away as they were handed over by your boss. Not to mention the fact that it seems no crime was committed as they were empty tanks that were not even printed by the individual in question.

HOS attempted to re-arrest boops, Me repeating quite alot of times to them, that it was someone else who tried to break them out, that i already arrested them and that they chose not to break out and simply stood in their cell while there was a hole in the wall there.

Good job, ignoring the eyewitness on your side to pursue a vendetta against someone else.

I didn’t rearrest them, I stunned them and emptied their pockets and bag because they beelined to the pile of stuff I confiscated and started filling their inventory with it.

Hmmm not your first failure of SOP to secure peoples items. Not that it matters too much as from what I can tell none of the items were contraband nor involved in a crime.

I treat every case individually with respect for context.

:thinking: Press x to doubt.

If Boops The Snoot is telling the whole truth which it appears they are, there wasn’t any crime committed and so you essentially attempted to subvert chain of command and needlessly harassed them. The only person, aside from you, who could be considered at fault is the Captain who gave them the extra access for whatever reason.

8 Likes

Minor things I want to correct that some other people posted.

Responses from admins are not guaranteed, and should not be relied on to solve IC disputes. Especially minor ones like whether or not a lizard spends 5 minutes of their life in the brig. We are all adults who agreed to the rules, we can generally come to a compromise while playing a video game. Even if that compromise is in-character yelling, shotgun brandishing, and threatening to call the shuttle because the CMO refuses to reverse their “no gene powers for seccies” rule, and threatening to make Ian/Walter into a burger (all common situations in the bridge).

This isn’t always true. In this round that’s illegal because the captain put the alert level to green and refused to raise it again, apparently as punishment. SOP says no armory gear on green, unless there’s a serious threat that necessitates it (swarmers aren’t that). Not saying a rule break happened here, this is an IC issue and HoS by default doesn’t get to decide when alert goes blue (that’s the captain and AI’s choice). I’m hesitant to use ion cannons in any case, because they are splash-damage weapons that can fuck up a lot of equipment or people with artificial parts/nanites.

I take space law and SOP incredibly seriously and have that shit memorised, because I play a lot of HoS and you’re expected to have an encyclopedic understanding of space law and its related concepts and a whole list of exceptions and sub clauses while playing the most action-oriented role in the game. And you’re being lied to constantly for a variety of reasons and there’s no way by design to know when it happens, to what end you’re being misled, or even if it’s game-sanctioned lying vs plain bad faith. It’s difficult both mechanically and socially, and even if you do it perfectly someone’s going to end up mad because the role is a PvP one at its core, and all I ask for in return is that you respect that I took on a huge amount of responsibility just so that you can have fun on a station populated by noble protectors of the station (for non antag crew) or bastardly redshirted henchmen / targets (for antags). Backseat gaming with “well you should have done xxx” or “well this passage implies xxx” is poor sportsmanship and a million times easier when talking about out-of-context forum descriptions instead of being behind the keyboard. Things happen, minutae of obscure rules gets forgotten, compromises are made, sec will sometimes slip up, sec will sometimes ‘slip up’ to prevent an antag getting caught in a dumb way (fuck that guy who once tried to perma Kenner Jenner because they searched them 5 minutes in and found an incursion radio, by the way, I still think of that when I hear ‘shitsec’). If you’re not involved, you don’t have the full picture and you should really be waiting for full logs before berating seccies on the law alright?

They are not. They never are. They are dishonest all the time for no reason. Maybe they think this is a personality somehow. Here’s some fun experiences I had with boops in the past month or so that he’s been playing on bee.

• Detective finds red box, filled to the brim with used implanters. Storage, adrenals, microbomb, etc. Says there’s fingerprints. They’re Boops’s finger prints. They throw insults when questioned so I bring them in and start performing an implant search with the AI’s help. I put them on a table, and yell at the ai to tell me how to do it, and get no response. Boops is whining the entire time about how the arrest is illegal, you can’t do implant searches on blue, and so on and mentions they’re “consulting the gods” or some shit. I get bwoinked and noted. I let them go because fuck that guy, they gloat about it. End of round reveals that boops was a nonantag! What a hilarious hand labeller prank!!!

• Near roundstart, get a detective run up to me as hos saying someone broke the arrivals locker. They already looked for prints. Budget insuls and virologist coat, those insuls are nearby with boop’s fingerprints. I go to with the detective to search the crimer virologist, who lectures me about how searching is illegal on green and how I should change the alert level to blue and so on. I tell them that they’re wanted for vandalising a locker, we can search them, and i’m not going to personally petition the captain for an alert level raise before searching one guy. They bolt me out, I break through the doors. They table me, waste my baton on the detective, and I billy club their legs until they fall over. We leave, with clown interfering. I patch up their bleeding and take them to the brig, and am annoyed to find they stashed their shit and have jack shit on them - they fought like that on purpose to be a shit. I brig them 5 minutes for wasting my time and they break things, try to incite a riot on comms, and assault me. I have to drag them to their cell 3 times. They yell about how the gods will punish me etc, I get bwoinked and noted on the (dubious) grounds that billy club is armory tier lethals. The captain gets wind of this, falls for boops’s bullshit for some reason, and i am cuffed and demoted on the spot. I spend a few minutes saying goodbye to my seccies as I hand my shit in, and they seemed genuinely sad. I then do normal assistant shit, asking for bounties and fixing light bulbs. Boops verbally harasses me this entire time and gloats. I have to ahelp to get them to stop. That doesn’t stop them. I literally hide from them. I am later on the holodeck fucking with practice lasers and boops throws thermite on me then a lighter. I die, they shove me in a locker. I check for antag tooltip (none) and ahelp. The admin is incredulous at first but checks the logs and confirms it. My earlier note stays, though.

• Boops does this SAME SHIT to someone else, apparently, and gets a day ban. I wouldn’t mention this except, they lied about the previous story in a ban appeal for literally no reason. That round wasn’t involved in the ban, he was banned after doing something involving a warden and viruses. He promises not to “weaponise viruses” or something weirdly specific. I’m annoyed by this and consider making an account just to post there, but I hold back because I don’t want to shit up unrelated threads with game drama. Ban appeal is there if you want to compare notes.

• Virologist round for boops, seccie for me. I hear lasers near the brig, so I run there. Boops is there gloating about killing the HoS’s spider or something, with a laser gun in hand. I tell him try me and he says there’s nothing he can be brigged for. I drag them in and give them 5 minutes in the brig for vandalising the HoS’s pet. They whine about how this is illegal, I am the dumbest fucking seccie who has ever put finger to keyboard, etc etc. They then abuse help intent to proc their spikes (until that point a pain in the ass) over 20 times in a second by mashing A and D. I am put into crit instantly, and go into full white screen crit as the hos drags me to the brigbay’s stasis bed (not standard issue, by the way). I would normally have succumbed by this point but I didn’t want it to look bad in the inevitible admin logs. I go back, set the timer for 10 minutes and order them to strip and show me their shit. They refuse. I go in to search them, they’re yelling about how stripping isn’t allowed, while i’m taking damage from spikes, and now they can’t suckerpunch me with help intent they resort to pushing me while i try to pull things out of their pockets and they keep moving around. I go into crit again. I am rescued, and need a blood transplant. Someone stupid moves boops to another cell so he breaks free and assaults everyone with the spikes including hos, while yelling “uncuff me” and “this arrest is illegal” and “I didn’t kill anyone” and more bullshit along those lines (you may see a pattern here). He dashes into a room that was vented in a bomb blast, so we have to follow. Then they run to the armory. Hos traps them in a locker, I am put in crit for a third time because of blood loss and atmos, hos saves me with epi pen, and tells me to perma boops. Clown’s in perma so i get them on the gulag shuttle. They taunt me the entire time about how I’m shit and terrible and how I am breaking space law in so many ways. They brag about how they will break out in seconds and there’s nothing I could do about it. I ask if they’re saying they’re uncontainable, they confirm. So I kick that locker into hyperspace. I don’t give a fuck. I am bwoinked and noted. Round ends, boops is non antag and gets a virology only ban for 3 days.

If you can trust them, you are a fucking mark.

Snootypip, I don’t think Beestation is for you. I don’t really think competitive roleplay in general is for you. This thread frankly speaks for itself. I have no respect for people who get so incredibly mad about being beaten in a cartoon spaceman game and trying to escalate it to the point where you demand admin intervention to enforce that I say sorry and totally mean it about fifteen minutes (which I was also miserable during) of you getting minor ingame punishments in round #33whogivesafuck.

So, can you tell us the crime he committed? Surely if you take space law so seriously you should be able to right?

All you’ve done is mention that boops has been a shitter in past rounds and that you took action because of it, that’s meta-grudging, it doesn’t matter what they’ve done in past rounds as every round is “fresh” and separate from the last iirc.

It’s not your choice to decide if this server is for boops, that, again, is an admin’s job not yours. Please stop thinking you have the right to “punish” people for breaking the rules, apply for admin or report boops yourself. Don’t take it into your own damn hands

You broke SOP and Space law for what you’ve admitted is a grudge.

Past rounds have nothing to do with this, it’s a report on your behaviour. Don’t forget that people can be punished for making the reports too, boops could totally be in the wrong but you are too

9 Likes

so with this one, the hos’s spider literaly crit a guy and started munching another and I acually didnt know this was the hos’s pet due to seeing xenobio spiders running around and the warning that unidentified lifesignes were on the station so me completly unaware thinking it was a roge spider I kill it to save the dudes it was killing then yea pretty much I was jailed by spindle, or attempted jailed by them for vandalism I guess?, killing a murderous spider guh, just baffled, he is leaving out a crucial detail tho, the hos being an actual smart and fair hos flashed me and locked me in a sec locker and told spindel to leave me there and that they would question me after they put some stuff away in the armory, but like the child spindle is they took it upon themselves to pull that locker onto the lavaland shuttle and toss me out of it while in transit Perma removing me from the round, seems like he has a pattern of “i can do what I want, I dont need to listen to command”.

this one really made my day, so at round start as a virologist you can find hidden symptoms in maint from rats, blood splats and vomit on the floor and thats what I was doing at the round start, roaming maint for thoes symptoms and I had a really good healing virus brewing in viro untill the detective and hos comes up to my lab and they ask to search me on green with no reasoning behind it so i tell them no its green and to raise the alert if they want to search me els it be against the law, then of corse spindels reply was, “fuck no i am the final say of the law” (his words exactly) and out of pure cringe i just bolted the viro door in his face. and what does he do

1. Get the cmo to open the door
  2. Get the cap to authorize a search on green alert
  3. use a shotgun he pulled from the armory on green for some reason with breaching slug and blast down the door and lethally beat me with a club then drag me to sec bleeding out a large chunk of my blood.
    you guessed it, he did the third option actual mad man did all this because my labcoat fibers were on a maint door that the locker he was complaining about was hidden in, my fibers were not even on the locker. but of course I am in the wrong here because he can never do wrong he is the hos he can do whatever he wants. also after spending like an hour in sec before finally getting out I returned to virology to find all my viral bottles dumped out actually just completly stoppping me from doing anything the rest of that shift.

this one never even happened, I don’t remember this in the slightest and I think you are thinking of someone else, but since you were noted you were probably in the wrong again, in fact how many notes do you have on sec?, maybe your should take a break if it’s that bad. its astonishing how hard he is trying to play the victim and trying to make it sound like im the worst person in the world and they are justified to break the rules to give me justice.

7 Likes

This discussion is no longer productive. Locking it until it gets processed.

4 Likes

Sorry for this taking literal ages to resolve, this was due to a combination of me being lazy, there being so much to read through and this being a difficult situation

I will start off with saying that I don’t like the reporting side’s behaviour in this case:

Snootypip, leaving your job because someone you dont like OOC joined is minor metagrudge, getting tools (+ things like a handheld crew monitor and bluespace bodybag) despite your job being “bodyguard” is powergaming (the captain cannot give you a pass to powergame)

To be fair there were some issues in the way Spindel acted in this situation (i.e not fully following brig procedure and using terms like “valid” IC)

All in all I think neither side acted well, but neither side’s actions warrant punishment

Report denied