CKEY:endaru

Your Discord:

Offender’s CKEY:

Offender’s In-Game Name:Chloe marlowe

Server (Sage or Acacia):sadge

Date (MM-DD-YYYY):

Round Number:44362

Rules Broken:powergaming

Incident Description:Chloe marlowe on a greenshift obtained a stun baton and used it in self defence, she also had a bone knife she used in self defence, this report is not aimed at why she used but more on the why she had them

Additional Information:

Hello! First off, new to the forums, so I’m not sure about the proper guidelines to respond here. As the player in question I figured I should respond, however, so here we are.

Firstly, I will say that I did indeed have both a stun baton and a bone knife, and I did use them in self defense in the very last minute of the round as the shuttle was coming to CentCom.

The Stun Baton was obtained at the very beginning of the round. As a Cargo Technician, I was organizing all of the crates onto the shuttle. As I was going through and organizing the crates (I like to try to put item-types in the same crate. Clothes to clothes, tools to tools, etc.) I ended up finding a stun baton. I promptly alerted the captain (as we had no security at the time) and locked it away into the Quartermaster’s locker, thinking that would be the end of it. Unfortunately, despite being a greenshift, we in fact had a griefer that round. About halfway through the round, medbay was maxcapped. It took the lives of the captain, all of medical staff, and some other people nearby, totaling to about seven casualties. Given that we were lowpop and we didn’t have the staff to head direct into a breach and recover the bodies/heads, I decided to pass out the hardsuits that Cargo has (Radstation) and take the one from the Quartermaster’s office from myself. As I was heading into the breach with presumed syndicate activity, with likely active threats, I assumed it in-character to take the stun baton out of the locker and carry it with me for self defense. Mind you, by this point a single security officer had just arrived, but the station was quite the hostile place and my character had no way of knowing whether they would be safe or not. As the round went on and the shuttle was called, I forgot about the stun baton in my bag up until the shuttle, so I never had the opportunity to turn it in.

As for the bone knife, that’s a much shorter story. Chloe is a fan of mice. A very big fan. Specifically, of eating them. Eating them raw doesn’t work out though to do disease, so she packs something sharp to cut them up and prepare them properly is a necessity. Since she works in cargo, she asks the miners to grab a bone knife for her instead of having to go over to the kitchen and bother the chef for their limited stock. It’s very rare this knife is used outside of meal prep or as a tool, and I almost always make certain to notify security officers that I keep it on myself as a tool only.

If there are any other problems, or if I need to reformat this response, please let me know! I’m always open to feedback to give the best roleplaying experience possible. Hope you have a good day, Kelpo :)!

1 Like

The stun baton is too much really, your character had no reasons at that point to keep it. The stun baton is security equipment and not legal to keep under normal circumstances (it happens to be quite strong too), your character could have been arrested for it.

I’d be willing to give a pass for the bone dagger granted you actually fulfill your gimmick idea of eating mice, but you didn’t that round, so it kind of makes it difficult to tell if that’s a story you made up on the spot, or if you simply failed to execute on that idea.

I’d be willing to give a pass for the bone dagger granted you actually fulfill your gimmick idea of eating mice, but you didn’t that round, so it kind of makes it difficult to tell if that’s a story you made up on the spot, or if you simply failed to execute on that idea.

I have played with this person before and as far as I can tell they actually roleplay and also use the elusive me" command so there is a chance that they are actually telling the truth

Just keep them out of the pubby pod and we gucci kay banner?

I can agree on the stun baton. Though I still maintain that I was justified in keeping it with me while we had an active threat and lack of security presence - and more importantly, that I had the captain’s blessing - I absolutely agree I should have found the time after the initial emergency had passed to turn it into our security officer. Unfortunately, it was quite late, and I think both my judgement and memory were impaired at the time. In future, I’ll definitely avoid keeping such high profile equipment for longer than necessary (I.E. Turning things in as soon as possible to the proper authorities).

As for the bone dagger, I actually did search for mice! Though I’m not sure that’s provable, admittedly. I spent a decent chunk of my mail delivery time taking shortcuts through maints trying to find mice, but I didn’t see or hear a single once. Still, I order the knife at the very beginning of every round from our miners when I radio them the department bounties, because I almost always find a handful within the first three minutes or so of passing out bounties to the station. For what it’s worth, I make such a big deal out of eating them through the use of emotes when I’m around people that I’m sure at least one player has caught on and could support that claim. I’ve seen players emote right back about how squicked out their characters are, it’s fun.

1 Like

This isn’t the place to state your opinions on powergaming as a rule, or your opinion on this report really. If you weren’t involved and don’t have any information of value to throw in, please refrain from posting.

Considering the pop and the griefer that confused things, I’m gonna let you off this time.

Remember that hoarding such tools without a motivated reason directly related to your character is is most often powergaming, “just in case” is the very definition of what the rule forbids.
Especially since as you stated before, players tend to “forget” that they had the tool, and only remember about it when they need it.

Report rejected