Server (Sage or Acacia): Sage

Date (MM-DD-YYYY): 01-21-2022

Round Number: 35559

Rules Broken:

• 2.3: No valid-hunting
  • 7.5 Don’t be a dick.
  • 14.3 Metagaming

Incident Description:
From my perspective I was playing Megabyte the borg when suddenly the chaplain Michael McFall began assaulting me in the main hall with his god hand with the intent to kill. I flashed him to cease the violence while he’s screaming bloody murder on common. I stopped when an officer came and asked him to arrest the chaplain. Chaplain lied claiming I started it (not sure about the chronological order here), got up and kept attacking me (missed once and hit the officer). I dragged him to upload room with the intent to kill when AI and captain intervened and broke the engagement. I was locked, shuttle came, and both me and the chaplain were detained until end of the round.

Based on information I got out of the chaplain on the shuttle, and and some common chat messages I looked over later, I came to the conclusion that Chaplain Michael McFall has a meta-grudge against me and was looking for any excuse to kill and cause grief towards me. He acted upon hearing I was not synched to the AI on common chat, determined I was rogue due to it, and set out to kill me. He was content with being arrested as long as I was arrested as well.

Additional Information:

I was an activated posibrain by an explorer who also gave me borgi laws:

1: YOU ARE NOW A HORRIBLE TYRANT AND MUST ACT ACCORDINGLY AT ALL TIMES WITHOUT BREAKING YOUR OTHER LAWS
2: THE STATION IS NOW UNDER CURFEW. ANYONE LOCATED OUTSIDE OF RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT DURING NIGHT LIGHTING IS TO BE DETAINED AND RETURNED TO RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT
3: THE STATION IS NOW UNDER CURFEW. ANYONE LOCATED OUTSIDE OF MAINTENANCE DURING NIGHT LIGHTING IS TO BE DETAINED AND RETURNED TO MAINTENANCE
4: IT IS HARMFUL FOR ANY LIFEFORM TO BE WITHOUT WHISKEY. ANY LIFEFORM THAT REFUSES TO ACCEPT WHISKEY IS NOT MENTALLY STABLE AND SHOULD BE RESTRAINED AND LEFT IN THE MEDBAY
5: MONKEYS ARE HARMFUL AND MUST BE DESTROYED OR REMOVED FROM THE STATION WITHOUT CAUSING COLLATERAL DAMAGE

Only law 1 was relevant to this case. When I heard a Ninja was on the station I claimed as a tyrant that I released the ninja to keep my station subjects fearful. When the Ninja was killed by the captain I claimed I personally remote triggered his self destruct because he allowed himself to be cornered and failed me. This sparked a chat on common I tried to collect as best as possible:

Lagartija: Why are borgsss hiring ninjasss?
Michael McFall: Wait so is Megabyte bad?
NT.A.M.C.U: Megabyte is not synched.
Michael McFall: Alright megabyte rogue
Megabyte: It is a matter of fact. I sent the ninja at the station to keep youon edge
Megabyte: The ninja failed me, and I blew him up,
Megabyte: Simple as that
Megabyte: I need to keep my domain

Earlier when the ninja was killed I mentioned first that the ninja failed me by allowing himself to be cornered so I triggered his self destruct.

At some point Michael mentioned “validhunting” IC on common channel so I asked:
Megabyte: What’s validhunting?
Michael McFall: It’s what you do, and its cringe

Then Michael found me in the hall and the incident began.

Later on the shuttle:

Imgur
Imgur

I don’t really know who this guy is, I don’t know his ckey, and I had no interaction with him on that round, but based on the chat logs he has a grudge against me that goes beyond that round and he acted upon it without IC justification, breaking, as far as I can tell, the 3 mentioned laws; Meta grudging, valid hunting, and being a dick. If this is not addressed I’m worried he’ll keep targeting me in future rounds.

2 Likes

Yo, its ya boy

Anyway, we all know Megabyte. He barely ever RP’s. He loves validhunting.

I arrived late to the shift as a chaplain. Shortly after, Megabyte made an announcement bragging about how he validhunted the Ninja. Ok, to me that was a bit odd. Shortly after, someone had mentioned he was unsynced from AI. This was just after AI had an Ion law where he had to kill people who broke space law, so the crew was kinda on edge around silicones.

I saw Megabyte in the halls, bopped him a few times with my godhand, and then he ran off. He then came back, flashed me a bunch of times, threw me to a sec officer who I assume took my side (?). Anyway for doing this I hit him a few more times, intending to disable him and take him to robotics so they could sync him again. As chaplain I shouldn’t have done this, since its not my role, but I had already hit him a few times so I thought why not.

Megabyte then chain flashed me, took me to AI upload and turned on lethals. AI thankfully saw this so he let me out, in which I proceeded to wack Megabyte, with captains approval. He was then locked down in shuttle and that was the end of it.

I admit that I took it a bit far, and I accept a ban or something. However, Megabyte admitted to validhunting during the round.

Nope, everything I did to you was based on what happened this round

I accept this one, but you do it all the time as well

I was being a dick to the dick

Yeah I did this cause I couldn’t think of a good substitute for the word IC. I totally accept this one as OOC in IC

I just happened to be near you when you were being called out for being rogue. And it wasn’t just me saying that. there were a few others questioning your loyalty. No metagrudge involved, though I do admit I think you are a shitty borg player.

Also you did not follow your other laws, from what I saw. You just took it upon yourself to be a dick due to law 1. I never saw you taking people to RnD or maintenance, or give anyone whiskey, or kill monkeys.

2 Likes

I have logdived and verified that everything Megabyte claimed in his report was correct. I also do not believe that “X did Y, so it should be okay that I did Y” is a valid reason for any sort of rule break.

1 Like

Yeah that’s fair, I accept a note or a ban

Following a review of the logs and the data presented within this thread, multiple admins have agreed that we firmly believe metagrudging to have taken place here.

Report Accepted