CKEY: GiggaGuyFromSpaceLand

Your Discord: Goblin#0659

Offender’s CKEY: Unknown

LRP or MRP server: Lrp

Offender’s In-Game Name: Omnius

Date (MM-DD-YYYY): 12-30-2020

Round Number:25564

Rules Broken:  Rule 4

Incident Description: As cmo, used a mech to break into security wich resulted in overescalation

The Cmo, Omnius and a janitor built durands and starting wrecking medbay, since it cmos own office he wrecked i didnt mind i shrugged it off as him just having fun. Then he said that he is gonna wreck and break into security.

I warned him if he were to try to break into security would ion and break his mech. Proceed to him breaking into security, which i start using Ion rifle on cause i wanna break the mech and arrest and demote him for this behaviour. He starts shooting fire bullets at me which puts me at 30% health.

While i was healing up he announces to the whole station that he is gonna break down and open up armory, wich he did. I find his almost broken mech outside robotics and managed to break it. Since he is a Ipc i directly swapped to nonlethal grenades and disablers, i was still determined to only demote him. He takes out a syringe gun and i tell him not to shoot it, which he did and it hit me. I swapped to ions cause he wasnt gonna cooperate considering the fact it was chloral hydrate in it, but when i shot it was unknown what it was to me. It killed him but i procceded to take him into robotocist to revive him, the second i does he takes a toolbox and tries to kill me, to which i just say “fuck this shit” and kill him, he had lost an arm so i couldnt cuff him.

Good to note that i was the captain of that shift

The first half of the details are gone for some reason, gonna have to fix that

Edit: fixed

Breaking into the armoury isn’t a big deal on LRP, powergaming isn’t against the rules. However, it’s the way they did it assuming this is true.

“Self-antagging includes damaging the station, attacking other players without a valid reason, and subverting the established chain of command as a non-antagonist role.”

If they destroyed a majority of security only to get into the armoury and attacked lethally to valid arrests, then it is self antagonist behaviour.

Given the new ruling given to Security and the Captain (which you said you are), this should be a fast report.

(and assuming the reported aren’t antagonists)

This is a reason why a lot of people don’t play on LRP, the self-antag and grief. Hope this gets solved, soon.

They werent antag, and i was planning on just demoting them to assisstant but its when they started using lethals that it went overboard

From what ive heard, the general admin consensus is that breaking into armory as nonantag is selfantaging, but i would love to see a written rule of this rather than admin hearsay

If it’s done excessively or for the purposes of starting an armed conflict.

Breaking into Sec? Perfectly fine
Stealing from Sec supplies/armory Also fine in most cases
Directly interfering with sec? Not fine, but can be justified in a few fringe cases
Killing security officers? This is straight up self-antag in almost every case

Here is the official ruling on it from our rulings page while it still exists.

As far as logs can tell, the only janitor mentioned did not take part in an attack on sec (or you). CMO is definitely guilty though.

Report Processed