Unknown CKEY player report (Heritor Lux)

In-game report:

CKEY: LodedDiper

Your Discord: Discord User#4914

Offender’s CKEY: Unknown

Offender’s In-Game Name: Heritor Lux

Server (Sage or Acacia): Sage

Date (MM-DD-YYYY): 05/22/22

Round Number: 38231

Rules Broken: 1.3 - Follow Space Law and the Standard Operating Procedure

Incident Description: As a Head of Security, acquired syndicate encryption keys and used them without an imminent threat present. Found out near the end of the round as a comms agent, so I couldn’t ahelp in time.

Additional Information:

1 Like

Wouldn’t the finding of syndicate equipment be enough reason to suspect the possibility of a threat……

2 Likes

Perhaps I phrased it incorrectly. With “imminent threat” I mean something along the lines of nukies, not a few traitors like in this case. Lux took the encryption key and if I recall correctly actually caught multiple people using it, ruining their rounds as a result.

We really need a ruling on the handling of encryption keys. They fall into a grey area for contraband use.

Eswords and other weapons are clearly no no for use because they cause huge amounts of injury to the victim, and are generally lethal or otherwise change how apprehension goes in terms of preparation. An Esword functionally falls well outside the styling of traditional sec kit as a purpose built lethal weapon in a kit which lacks such.

Encryption keys don’t necessarily change how prepared an officer is for an arrest. They don’t allow for high lethality in a kit/situation that shouldn’t have that. These keys function as information gathering. Additionally, the acquisition of a key can be avoided(I presume) using a voicechanger.

However that’s beside the point.

Any idea what happened to these people? Names of those caught may be useful since it can probably provide insight into what charges they may have been subjected to, in light of punishments(if any) used.

Conus Bulbus and Milii, they were set to arrest by HOS. I am not 100% sure but quite certain that the keys are the reason they got caught.

Also, HOS not only listened to, but spoke through the syndicate key.

Yup. This happened.
Security and Heads of Staff are held to higher standards when it comes to following Space Law and SoP.
Don’t use confiscated contraband outside of extreme circumstances.

Report accepted.

2 Likes