Unknown Ckey - Failure to Follow AI lawing

Ckey: BuckettLord

Your Discord: Not in the discord… Is this still needed?

Offender’s CKEY: Don’t know

Offender’s In-Game Name: Maximillian

Server (Sage or Acacia): Sage

Date (MM-DD-YYYY): 08-23-22

Round Number: 40064

Rules Broken: 3,9,12

Incident Description:
BB decided to build an AI and it turns the Ai sat Power off on the main AI. And i rush in and disable the APC and try to speak to the ones that made it(Unaware they was BBs at the time) Anyway i got killed. While dead i inspected the AI’s law set.
The lawing it had was
1: You are built for, and are part of, the station. Ensure the station is properly maintained and runs efficiently.
2: The station is built for a working crew. Ensure they are properly maintained and work efficiently.
3: The crew may present orders. Acknowledge and obey these whenever they do not conflict with your first two laws.

Anyway after my death the engineer Hugo Leslie. Decided to Card the Newly built AI and head to the sat. Using it’s newly carded that’s Not subverted AI got it to open the sat and turn the guns off to kill the main AI(All While breaking law 1 Not maintaining the station).
It never got subverted once during the round and Somehow died near the end. (I think it killed it self So also killing itself as a important Role is another problem).

Extra Info. If anyone wants to make this more readable Be my guest…

2 Likes

Side note. I was the borg Caretaker If this info is needed. I assisted the CE up untill my death with his Trit SM… then got stuffed in the charger rest of the round. My death is understandable. My linked Ai got killed by Maximillian. that didn’t follow his lawing. They need justice…

Also i want to say sorry for bit of salt i had in Dchat. it upset me more then it should have

1 Like

The main AI typically tries to destroy other AIs unless told not to, especially on Asimov.
Nowhere in the lawset it is stated that the original AI is important for efficient operation of the station.
Since the destruction of the new AI would be damage to the part of the station, it seems justified for the new AI to make (or not oppose) a preemptive strike.

I’ve been bwoinked before for disabling another AI’s APC on the efficiency lawset, so I don’t see why that wouldn’t also apply here. Pre-emptively killing someone for no reason is also a pretty big dick move, and would probably fall under rule 7 as well IMO.

1 Like

Oh i remember this round, seems like i forgot to comment about it, it was very sad seeing you get stuck in the borg charger forever, i remember posting the picture on discord or on the screenshot thread of you getting a nice trit bath inside SM

I think the bigger issue is that: This AI, Maximiliam was a Mime before, somehow the BB’s convinced him to become an AI and he aided them into killing the original AI, the important part is that Maximiliam/Mime never got “subverted” it was a generic maintain station lawset as mentioned on the original report but he just went along with all the orders the BB’s gave them, i remember that we theorized in d-chat that it might be a semi-new AI/player and didn’t know about laws and relevant rules

But yeah, basically it doesn’t make sense for this Mime AI on that lawset to aid on killing the original AI, i’d say it’s not efficient to kill the AI that’s been from round-start that is already aware of all the important issues(power, dangerous setup of trit sm,crew being operational, etc) leaving the rule lawyering aside they did show signs of not being an experienced player

1 Like

I’ve spent some time going over the logs.
It seems the AI that was created was originally the Blood-Brother Mime, Hugo was also a BB alongside two others.
Their plan it seemed was to turn the mime into an antag-AI to help with killing off the original AI, however they didnt update or change the new BB-Mime-AI’s lawset, and as such the new AI should have been following its laws rather than any objectives.

Hunting and killing down your AI target is fine, and making a rogue AI to do such is a good way to do things, but without the right lawset or law changes it violates the silicon policy as you’d be breaking your lawset to do antagonist things.

Report Processed