[Unknown CKEY] Engineer Samantha Stern Player Report

In-game report:

CKEY: 4rchibald

Your Discord: 4rchibald

Offender’s CKEY: -

Offender’s In-Game Name: Samantha Stern

Server (Sage or Acacia): Sage

Date (MM-DD-YYYY): 09-19-2011 (It was 19th when round ended in my timezone so it could be 18th depending on zone we use)

Round Number: 32787

Rules Broken: 1, 7 and 8

Incident Description: It was still early in the round, without any antags yet showing up, with alert set to green or blue, I was an atmospherics technicians, I made few modifications with another technician (like adding layer manifolds to tank outputs so we could easily lay future pipes on different layers according to our needs, one of modifications was actually making it easier to pump n2 into pipe leading to SM in case of emergency). Once I was done I decided to take a stroll in direction of cargo to check their bounties, on the way there I saw HoP line opened and decided to ask them to extend my access to engineering since we had quite a small team. They were ok with that, while at HoP line I noticed on my tablet that SM started to heat up and o2 levels begun to rise. I warned about it on engineering radio and announced crystal delamination the moment temperature risen enough to mean fire and integrity started dropping. I immediately ran back to engineering alongside CE.

When we arrived to engine room I saw that half of pumps and filters were not even turned on while all emitters were shooting at crystal. I immediately started to work announcing on radio how I’m dealing with issue and since crystal’s integrity was dropping fast and heat was really high inside the chamber I decided it would be best to purge system of old gas and refill it with new one.
We were on Delta which is perfect for it since pipe from atmos is connected to loop AFTER filters. That means you can just set filters to nothing to remove all gas that passed through chamber while have fresh gas coming in from atmos straight to vents in chamber. I repeated myself about what I’m doing multiple times in short, clear messages in face of others and on engineering radio (I believe I might have been the only one actually talking on radio during whole event so my messages were visible for every engineer). My efforts were sadly constantly undone by Samantha Stern (Person who was setting up the SM in the first place, I saw them coming to engine room while I was still working in atmos and they were present when I arrived to deal with delamination), who kept changing everything I’ve done resulting in hot gas being circulated in loop, even though I was telling them not to do it. At some point they actually decided to hit me with telescopic baton CE dropped.
That situation could only end in one way-SM delaminated and I was killed by the blast.

Chaos, emotions, different understanding of situation and different levels of engineering knowledge, that’s all understandable and I wouldn’t really mind and report this situation or even more radical ones like being killed by them because they believed I was a saboteur. But I can’t find an explanation for what happened next. I was first brought to atmos by a borg, from there Samantha Stern picked me up, went to heal themselves at medbay and refused to give me to one of paramedics, ignored their suggestion to give me to security after hearing I was responsible for SM delamination and instead went to arrivals only to drop me under arrival shuttle. They waited a minute or so but shuttle didn’t arrive so they decided to grab my body and throw it deep into space.

Luckily our station is in the bottle now so my corpse looped back to station but it took a while before someone noticed and retrieved my body, when it was done I was already husked. I’ve spent better part of round dead, wasting time of doctor that was trying to bring me back. I remind you that we weren’t on any high alert, chain of command wasn’t disturbed in any way and yet Samantha didn’t consult security or command and its not like they didn’t think about that option cause paramedic they met suggested bringing me to security. They went against the role they played and decided to be the law, a sole judge and executioner and I dare say they went as far as to grief cause I don’t see any other motivation than to permanently eliminate the person they didn’t like/blame from the game for the duration of the round.

Additional Information: I wasn’t sure if I should report it, one of the admins was actually online at the time and even asked what happened but didn’t do anything with it according to my knowledge. But on the other hand I was excluded from game for better part of the round and I’ve seen people getting notes and bans for lesser offences (I dare say I got note for lesser offence during that very day). I finally decided to ahelp it later in round but no admins were present at that point.

1 Like

Is she an antag?

Forgot to mention that one, no she was not, nor was I (until I got converted very late in the round after my revival).
It was a cult round, as far as I know she wasn’t converted at any point, especially during the delamination and attempt to get rid of my body

Seems to have largely been a misunderstanding.
It was also handled in-round by a different admin so there’s not much for me to do here.