Unita_501 (Ezekiel Saul) player report

CKEY: Ausar28

Your Discord: Miles#8703

Offender’s CKEY: Unita_501 (please admeme confirm this)

Offender’s In-Game Name: Ezekiel Saul

Server (Sage or Acacia): Acacia

Date (MM-DD-YYYY): 12-12-2021

Round Number: 34630

Rules Broken: 12.Head of Staff conduct

Incident Description: As a head of staff (HOS), arresting people without suit sensor maxed on blue alert, pretty much breach of SOP.

Additional Information: The station on blue alert because security found pierced reality on the hallway, thats fair, but HOS proceed to command his warden and officers to arrest people with suit sensor not maxed, (i wont blame the underlings here, disobeying your superior order can be punsihed) .

For clarification me (Ausar Atkinson/Chemist) and the heretic botanist were doing normal job all shift. But because of that suit sensor stuff(As the comment below, it may also because they was seen near the pierced reality, but the main point stand), the botanist got arrested and got outed as a heretic, HOS proceed to first perma the botanist, then executed them (Edit: botanist requested it). Then i got set to arrest and arrested in the shuttle beacuse i turned off my sensor for a few freakin minute earlier in the station (was changing jumpsuit).

2 Likes

I’m the botanist in this situation. I think I actually got arrested for being seen harvesting a pierced reality. But I hadn’t picked or path, laid any sigils, harmed any crew, or even acquired a knife. Also, I was executed on my own request because I would rather not roleplay stuck in perma. My life is already shit. I don’t need to roleplay as a character who’s life is also shit.
I had ahelped asking about this same issue without a response

I was the Warden and can confirm this note for note. I was ordered to automatically set all crew whose sensors aren’t maxed on arrest. As far as I’m aware, Ezekiel Saul’s ckey is Unita_501 and they have a history of LRP behavior, powergaming and overall excessive heavy handedness for little reason.

Another example would be the HoS taking the warden shotgun and gloves and hoarding them in their office. I at first thought the items were stolen and went on alert but, turns out, HoS was hoarding weapons and gear.

I’ve asked other heads of staff multiple times to lower the alert level and relax security measures, which the CMO did advise. But because CMO does not have authority over the brig, I could not disobey HoS’ direct orders.

While I did think about overlooking the excessive measures, I could not, in good conscience, instigate rebellion and/or disobey since, technically, the station WAS alerted and infighting within sec would pave the way open for the Heretics.

2 Likes

Oh well then ill edit it, but you do know right the pierced reality wont be visible to non heretic for few minutes after harvest.

I actually know practically nothing about heretic.

These orders were however disruptive, as at one point someone was set to wanted mid-surgery. While nothing further came of this, had I not noticed that Warden alerted over radio I would not have been able to explain that they are off sensors due to being operated on.

I was the CMO (Sutures-The-Incisions), I did advise HoS and Command to cut out the behavior of arresting folk not on sensors.

They did justify it to an extant over an incident related to some gondola meat contamination in the food, even after ensuring the threat passed(someone, I forget who cleaned up and checked the food) and had mitigative measures in place(curative pills in medbay lobby fridge).

However, that is about the extent of my power in the situation. Worth noting some secoffs later gave issue to people hiding in closets on the shuttle. Unsure if related to HoS orders.

While they might have had many notes, there is only a singular ban on him that was just oozie accidentally dying from water, I wouldn’t say his LRP and powergaming are a big issue since he was never banned for either of them kn any servers.

Setting people on arrest for not having suit sensors maxed when there is a lurker threat (heretic) is smart no? Everyone who wants to live would max suit sensors so I don’t see it as powergaming or SOP breach, it’s just a smart decision.

If you don’t see it as an SOP breach, then you should read SOP before you speak. Quoting SOP:

Code Blue - High Alert

Elevated alert level. There are reports or other proof available to indicate that there is a threat to the station, or chaos, mutiny, or rioting are occurring. This should be performed by a poll of available heads of staff, with a majority in favor of raising the alert level.

• Suit sensors are mandatory, but coordinate positions are not required.

Code Red - Martial Law

Situational alert level called in the event of imminent threat to the station. This should be performed by two heads of staff in cooperation with one another when there is a clear and present danger to the station.

• Suit sensors are to be set to tracking beacon mode at all times.

And here is a direct link to the SOP for future reference:

https://wiki.beestation13.com/view/Standard_Operating_Procedure#Code_Blue_-_High_Alert

Just because YOU don’t see a problem with it, doesn’t mean that it’s not against SOP (which it is, because arresting people for not maxxing sensors, as SOP CLEARLY states is a martial law measure, while the station at the time wasn’t under martial law, nor did even had a reason to be).

LRP would be less of a problem, if, and only if, the player WASN’T A HEAD OF STAFF. A HoS who doesn’t know SoP and Space Law is a serious problem. Again, just because YOU enjoy LRP, don’t know SoP and have no problem with it, doesn’t mean that it’s acceptable.

Rules and SOP exist for a reason. They’re not a suggestion to be ignored because you think it’s a “smart decision”. They’re a set of guidelines to be followed at all times in order to allow ALL players, not just you, to enjoy a certain standard of gameplay and roleplay.

2 Likes

Coordinates are not required but nor are arrests made because of them restricted, I’d agree that instead of arresting they should’ve monitored and searched.

Rene. Please. PLEASE actually read the rules. Before you speak. Quoting rule 12:

12 Head of Staff conduct

Heads of Staff are held to higher standards than regular crewmembers. You are expected to be a competent person and competent at all the jobs that work under you. You will be expected to lead your department as a professional and to enforce Standard Operating Procedure upon your underlings. Heads of staff are liable to be jobbanned from all Head roles if they are found to be incompetent at the role. Heads of staff are not beginner-friendly roles on this server, nor roles to take just for cool gear.

Link to said rule: Rules - BeeStation Wiki

A HoS who doesn’t know or doesn’t care about SOP, and overloads security with pointless arrests on the crew while security should be focused on the actual threat to the station IS incompetent, and that IS restricted.

Reading the rules is NOT a suggestion. Following the rules is NOT a suggestion. In fact, I am amazed that there are no consequence to you actively ignoring the rules, because to me, it seems sure as hell you either do not know them or do not care about following them.

I hereby confirm my witness report: HoS broke Rule 12 and Rule 7.6 by enforcing draconian measures and ruining the round for multiple players.

Rene cmon now, read the rules, Even captain arent allowed to modify SOP to his liking. Even if HOS went red, he still breaking the rules by exploiting the SOP without proper cause (No one killed anyone the whole shift beside security itself)

This was done unilaterally fyi. No poll or question in Command chat.

Not to mention, this alert level was maintained throughout, even at my behest. This was in spite of the fact most of the remainder of the shift was uneventful(not including any arrest resulting from the mutilation of SOP).

1 Like

I can confirm. I even asked CMO specifically to do something about it, but CMO was ignored by HoS. Let alone that enforced max sensors is only red and up. CMO advised me to ignore such cases as best as I can and, where possible, I did (only two cases), but HoS at times checked sensors himself and made sure I follow through with his orders of setting everyone without maxxed sensors on arrest. I had half a mind to ahelp for permission to mutiny, but then, Acacia had a tendency to not have admins at the ready.

Report processed. BeeStation - Bans