JonnySalami

Ban Type:
Permanent (bit harsh)

Ban Length:
Forever

Ban Date (2022/03/2/):

Round ID:

Ban Reason:
I threw grenade at a person after being banned 2 times before for it.

Appeal Reason:

First time I did it was cause I didn’t know the rules and I thought It was ok to do anything and it was security’s job to clear it up. (It wasn’t).

Second time was just a smoke grenade that I was making for someone and I screwed the recipe and it blew up. Someone called an admin and I got banned for a month.

I came back after that and I didn’t play chemist. Instead I played nurse I think? Either way at the end of the round everything was going to hell and the round was about to end. So I went to the chem lab and made a meth grenade. Threw it at a pile of blood, guts, and people surrounding it was like a gore pit and the round ended like 5 minutes later (My character was a catholic and he thought it was a heresy to god).

It was not job abuse so I have no clue why I got banned. I tried playing on some other servers like paradise and goonstation but they really as good so I took a break from the game for like a month and decided that this was the only server I wanted to play. The only time I abused my job was the first ban and the other bans were not justified in my opinion but it isn’t my place to decide that. I hope you will unban me and I wish you the best of luck.

Additional Information:

I will read the rules again just in case.

You have to wait a year to appeal permanent bans.

That said, getting a permaban for this does seem very strange…unless you lied and changed some details.

1 Like

Actual ban reason with precedents.
The ban also clearly states to appeal in a year with a vouch from another reputable server.

1 Like

None of your bans were for job abuse. Your first ban and second bans were for Powergaming.

Good roleplaying means that you have to embrace the possibility of “losing” for the sake of roleplay and/or preserving immersion. You should not be seeking gear you have no roleplay justification for having, nor should you ever generally be rushing into danger unless it is part of your job.

This includes preemptively seeking self-defense items “just in case”

You cannot seek items to defend yourself before a threat has presented itself. You were apparently warned about this before the initial ban as well. And then you did it again right after that ban ended.

Your final ban was for Self-Antag and do to be honest, bordering on intentional grief given your track record.

As a crew member on the space station, you are allied with Nanotrasen and the station as a whole from the start of the round. This means, for example, if you commit crimes that may result in you receiving capital punishment as non-antagonist, you are breaking this rule.

You murdered your own crewmates, caused a major hull breach and are trying to justify it as a religious attack. That’s completely out of line for what would be allowed here and you’re still playing like you can do whatever you want and expect security to clean it up. You are supposed to be playing as a sane, professional space station employee.

If an IC conflict arises, be sure to follow Escalation Policy while defending yourself or your workplace.

You did not do this - you not only started the conflict, but started it with extremely deadly force.

Do not cause excessive chaos as a non-antagonist.

Even antagonists can face punishment for resorting to hull-breaching explosives in the wrong ways.

2 Likes

Man I was gonna tackle this after work but yall did all my work
smol fishy

I’ll write a bit after work

3 Likes

Headache go brrrr - There is not much else I can write that current and retired staff have not yet written about already.

As Hal showed, you had a series of bans for the exact same thing.

Your initial note for this behavior was February 8th
Two days later, a ban for February 10th - Feb 13th
You got a second ban lasting from Feb 14th to March 14th

When I encountered you, it was March 20th, only 6 days since your month long ban for this exact same thing. To my memory, I actually bwoinked you twice within the day.

On an earlier round, you had been abducted and decided to detonate a grenade in a main hallway, but the ticket was interrupted and let go as I had to focus on a few griefers, with a “Hey, don’t do that thx”

The second time, that is when I issued the ban because I had spoken to you earlier in the day.

Please come back with a vouch from a reputable server in a year. Based off of the short time between bans and the escalating length, I believe you have a different perception of Bee than what is aimed for by the staff and ruleset. I do not like giving out perma bans for non-griefers.

I do hope you enjoy your time on other servers, and your weekend as well.