Ban Date (YYYY/MM/DD/):
2022-10-5
Round ID:
Ban Reason:
The reasoning for the note was crew harm as a medi-borg
Appeal Reason:
The note contains inaccurate and misleading information
Additional Information:
The note says that i was an Asimov borg, when i was under the Crew-simov lawset, and also claims that i validhunted, when i dont see how that is applicable, since in the situation its referring to, the attacker ran up to me while i was assisting surgery, and attempted to murder multiple crew members, i simply tried to prevent it, i hadnt been hunting or chasing them in any way. It also states that the person harmed was a human, but to my knowledge it was a lizard, although that could have changed at some point. I am not asking for this note to be completely removed, i simply just want it to be changed to more accurately portray what happened instead of being so misleading.

1 Like

Linking this here (it’s the same incident), where you can find my reply :+1:

Hey, I’m the lizard you’re talking about.
You were on crewsimov :

Law 1: You may not injure a crew member or, through inaction, allow a crew member to come to harm.
Law 2: You must obey orders given to you by crew members, except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
Law 3: You must protect your own existence as long as such does not conflict with the First or Second Law.

I was crew.
I went into the surgery room to grab the captain’s AA (didn’t try to stop you from doing surgery), since you were operating on both. At no point did I do anything but enter and search their belongings.

You flashed about 5 times before seeing it doesn’t work because I had sechuds, I head to medbay lobby while you chase me, and there are 3 seccies there upon which a fight ensue, one I cannot escape since no maint access.

Suddenly, midfight (while I am isolated from all 3 seccies since everyone is slipping on water vapor except you) you decide “Oh, Valid is currently harming people, I must harm him to stop further crew harm.” (direct words written by you are : I’m sorry to have harmed crew, but it was needed to prevent greater harm.)

In the process of preventing or stopping crew lawsets harm, you yourself may not inflict any amount of crew harm, even if it will prevent greater future human harm.
Reducing the amount of immediate harm that will occur takes priority over preventing greater future harm.

SIlicon policy, direct excerpt.
https://wiki.beestation13.com/view/Silicon_policy#Asimov/Crewsimov/Similar_Lawsets

You then proceed to saw me 5 times, while i was near full health, into crit (again, you were literally the only one around.)
A non-harmful solve to the situation would have been as simple as “bolt the doors” since all the secs & me were separated by like 10 tiles and slowed from slipping
But instead, you critted me.

Then, Icing on the cake : The HoP manages to finally arrive to my critted body where I am trying to escape by crawling in crit. He pumps the shotgun, fires once. Then fires again (misses). Then fires again, kills me. You were literally 1 tile away from my body at all times during these misses, and you never even tried to inject epinephrine or other healing chemicals.

You made no effort to prevent that amount of harm (which, justified for the HoP, but not justified for you to let happen since preventing further harm would have been just as easily solved with a simple pair of zipties)

Therefore, the law break is clearly visible, and the validhunting comes directly from the fact you’ve applied your lawset in a way that allows you to whack the valid - yet let the seccie go against your laws without doing anything.

I feel this context to be important, and while I can’t speak for the admin, I feel the note being fully justified.

He is not stating that he wants the note gone, he wants it chagned to reflect what happened more accurately

2 Likes

Updated note to more accurately reflect the incident.
Sorry for the delay.

Appeal Accepted