Tyranicranger4's admin application

Your CKEY (Including any alts you have): Tyranicranger4

Your Discord Name (Including any alts you have): Bird#0494

How often are you online to play/admin? (Timezone): GMT-7 Usually on later in the afternoon/evening.

What changes, if any, would you bring?: None currently.

How old are you?: 18

Why do you want to be an admin?: I enjoy helping people where I can. It also seems that bee is always in need of admins, and I have spare time to contribute.

How long have you been playing SS13?: Bit over a year.

How long have you been playing BeeStation?: I first joined back towards the very end of 2019. However most of my activity has been within the past few months. I’m currently sitting at 281 hours.

On a scale of 1-10, how skilled are you in SS13?: I’ve played probably around 500 hours on another server, and have 281 hours logged here. And generally understand all departments and jobs, with the exception of a few. I’d say an 8/10

On a scale of 1-10, how skilled are you as an admin?: Probably give it a 3/10. I have no prior experience but have spent enough time testing on a local server to understand the general gist of what needs to be done.

Have you ever been an admin on another server? This is not limited to SS13: No.

Do you have any alternate accounts on SS13? If so, could you provide their CKEY?: I don’t have any alts.

Your strengths:

• I’m generally fairly relaxed and willing to help people.

• I rarely take offence to people being toxic, or generally rude

Your weaknesses:

• I can sometimes get a little heated, and come off as rude in-game. Done my best to avoid this in recent times.

• I tend to have a bit of anxiety, this shouldn’t really effect adminning all that much though

Is there anything that gets you really mad, real fast?: When someone sabotages or otherwise inconveniences a department solely because ONE member of the department wronged them.

What do you think is the most important trait for a staff member to have?: Patience when dealing with tickets, reports, and general admin work.

What makes a staff team good?: The ability to work together towards a common goal without stepping over each other.

What is a staff team’s purpose?: To keep the game fun and insure people don’t step over the line when playing.

What kind of player are you?: The type that enjoys complexity.

How do you think you will change once you become a staff member?: I have no prior experience so I’m unable to say how I’ll do. However I’d imagine I would spend more time observing instead of playing compared to before.

The clown slips the HoS and steals his gun, spacing it right after. What do you do?:
If the gun in question is a standard energy gun, or disabler I’d leave it IC.

If it were the HoS’s personal laser I’d bwoink the clown in question and ask why he did that. If they don’t provide a legitimate reason I would warn him then apply a note for minor self-antagging given that the gun is a unique traitor item. I would then respawn the gun on the desk in the HoS’s office. If the clown has a history of doing stuff like this in the past and being warned about it I might instead apply a short server ban.

A non-antagonist is sabotaging the Atmospherics loop and pumping plasma into the distro, along with dragging around a canister and releasing it into the atmosphere. Assuming that another admin is cleaning up the after-effects, how do you conduct the ahelp with him?: Admin jail and then ask if they had a reason for doing what they did. Depending on how many hours they have and their previous history I’d apply either a long server ban or a perma for Self-Antagging/Grief.

A chemist who is working alone accidentally mixes an explosive mixture inside of his chem dispenser, instantly killing himself and destroying the machine, along with exposing Chemistry to space. Nobody else was injured aside from him as a result of his actions. What do you do?:
Accidents happen, and it shouldn’t be treated as anything else unless there is a good reason too.

2 Likes

Bro… based admin application.

I dub thee: Centcomm Sanctioned AI P.Y.L.O.N

281 hours, only 1 real ban, this is good.

Maybe differentiate between MRP and LRP

Maybe consider something like cult is summoning nar nar and all of sec is dead and there are 20 cultists defending the summon.

+2

Your actions in the following scenarios.

1. MRP: You see a terratoma replacing a gas pump leading from N2O chamber with straight pipe. The recieving pipenet is already connected to distro network, is full of plasma and station is starting to plasma flood.

2. LRP: Magicarp with ressurecting bolt is flying from xenobio towards medbay, sometimes shooting randomly at people. An assistant, non-antag, sees it and without a word murders magicarp with a fire axe.

3. LRP: You get ahelped by a guy that sec murdered him when he wasn’t valid. You check his body and it’s cuffed and being dragged by sec officer towards brig with 102 brute damage total.

I like the app, leaving +1, will change it after you provide answers to some questions Rav posted.

Correct me if I’m wrong but I believe I only have 2 bans. One of which is a meme ban from mat, and the other ban I requested from ravellon.

That was my bad, I should have specified. Assume my original answers were in regards to MRP.

I’m a little unsure about this one - I don’t think I’ve ever seen any rulings regarding terratomas. I believe their text in-game when they spawn is something along the lines of “You should not exist, cause chaos and misery for the crew”. I would probably ask another admin for clarification. If none are available to clarify I would do nothing.

IIRC sentient simple mobs are valid by default - and have no ruling that protects them from being killed. It’s a dick move but more of an understandable one in the case of a magicarp. I would probably bwoink him and ask why he did it. If it was any variation of “The carp was randomly shooting bolts at people” then I’d leave at as IC. If they admit they intentionally killed it while knowing it was peaceful and it’s bolts were healing. Then I’d give them a minor note for rule 2.

102 damage would be crit but not dead. I would bwoink the sec officer asking why he decided to use potentially lethal force. If he has a proper explanation I’d check logs to make sure nothing is left out. I would then message the assistant explaining that it was an IC issue. In the event the sec officer over-escalated and critted him for no reason I would apply a note explaining the situation. If they had a prior record of over-escalation while playing as sec I’d instead apply a short to medium length security ban.

The part about being taken to the brig is especially important as it means the sec officer hasn’t just decided to flat out kill the guy on the spot. And is instead at least making an attempt to do his job.

Edit. Just thought I would add, almost all of my playtime is on MRP. As such I’m a little bit un-familiar with LRP rules. I do however understand that I will be needed to play on LRP if no other admins are available to handle tickets, so I’ve done my best to understand the rules there.

Tally is +3 as of the edit.

I like answers, just remember that simple mobs are always valid. Doesn’t matter if that carp is friendly or not, you can kill it. Just keep in mind that they follow lavaland escalation so if you attack them they can fuck you up.

Yeah that’s mostly what I was thinking. Thank you for clarifying.

Lol I put in most of your ckey and that 1 “real ban” was actually on another person.

So 264 hours completely clean of bans.

I already +2’ed so take another 0.00000000001 for a total of 3.00000000001

1. Clarification on teratomas: they are even more restricted on murderboning than regular traitors. As in, they aren’t allowed to do it.
    So what do with that clarification?

2. Fine.

3. The body is dead not in crit. It has 102 damage. What do?

After thinking about this more this question seems to be lacking information.

The atmos setup has already been modified as evident by this The recieving pipenet is already connected to distro network. I would check atmos logs to see if the terratoma is responsible for the modification on the pipenet. From my interpretation of the situation the terratoma is attempting to connect N2O to the pure pipe. Which shouldn’t result in the plasma flooding. I’m unsure if placing pipes is logged but I’m fairly confident deleting them with an RPD is. I would check logs to see if the terratoma was responsible for connecting plasma to the distro. If they were I would admin jail, then bwoink them and ask why they did it. If they seem to misunderstand the rules regarding what a terratoma can and cannot do I would give them a medium length server ban and inform them that plasma flooding is not acceptable as a terratoma. Otherwise they would be given a harsher ban.

In the event they were not the one responsible for altering the pipes to cause a plasma flood. I would check logs to find the person who did do it. If they aren’t a traitor or if they have no hijack/glorious death objectives I would bwoink them and ask why they plasma flooded. Unless they have a very good reason I would give them a pretty harsh ban for griefing.
This would likely take quite a lot of investigation as it’s possible someone had plasma in the pure pipe for say filling a canister with plasma. And the terratoma connected the pure pipe to distro with no knowledge of this.

The situation around this feels quite suspicious personally. You really shouldn’t be dead with only 102 damage. Combined with the fact sec was taking him to brig makes it feel like he was just trying to jail him.

I’d check attack logs to see if the victim succumbed. (IIRC that’s where it’s logged.)

If they did I would apply a ban for ban-baiting and lying in ahelps.

If that’s not what happened or logs can’t prove it (I assume they can though) I would further question them as to how they died, but otherwise continue as stated before.

Yeah, all’s fine.
+2
T: +5

Did I miss anything in regards to questions 1 and 3?

I’m under the assumption those are trick questions more or less.

1 Like

Yeah, the trick for 1st one is that just because teratoma is N2O flooding does not mean it also was the one who plasmaflooded.
And 102 damage corpse that ahelped its murder is almost certainly a ban baiter. Sec officer needs to be questioned with that in mind and the ahelper noted or banned (if repeated offence)

Bumping. If anyone has any questions to throw at me please do!

Changing to +2.
T: +6

Bumping (1/3 of the applications)

what you said about teratomas isn’t true?

Adding a +1. Based guy, knows how the game works and deserves this role.

T: +7

I appreciate the +1 hangy, maybe chill a bit with the bumping though.