CKEY: Tripwick

Admin’s CKEY:Ro5490

Is this for both servers or just one? If so, which one: Both

Ban Type: Server

Ban Length: 7 days

Ban Date (MM/DD/YYYY):11/13/2020

Round ID:23864

Ban Reason: spammed hostile mob spawn while not antag

Appeal Reason: I am new to the game, and was following a recipe my friend told me about for creature* spawn. He didn’t tell me that they were actually hostile mobs.

Additional Information: I understand the reason for the ban, I just want to clear the misunderstanding, and hopefully be let back to play, or at least have my sentence reduced.

1 Like

Well, im not exactly looking at the wiki so correct me if im wrong, but the difference between spawning hostiles and friendlies is just which reagent you inject into the slime core: water or plasma.
I wouldnt be surprised if this was an honest mistake though i do advice you to always refer to beestation wiki in the future, it has guides to pretty much everything.

thanks, I was told the recipe was strange reagent, synthflesh, and blood. I tried to fire a grenade in the science test chamber the first time I made the recipe, but it didn’t work, and the second time I figured it out, which was just cooking the ingredients, I didn’t have enough resources in chem to make another grenade so I just did it in the science lobby. It confused the shit out of me because I got blinded by the reaction and I was just sprinting around. It didn’t take but 30 seconds for me to get banned. quick work by the admins

didn’t you keep spawning the spiders? there were only 3 or 5 spiders at first then somehow shit went from 0 to a 100 and 5000 spiders appeared
unless that was another guy if so my bad

I genuinely have no idea what the spiders were about, that was way before I did anything.

well what mob did you spawn?

idk. it was just a chemical reaction, that spawned a bunch of weird monsters, one of them looked like a green blob with teeth. I set it off in science without knowing what it would spawn.

I feel bad about it, because my buddy told me it would spawn creatures, and I was just excited to do something that was more than just running around and getting brained by toolboxes and getting merc’ed by rouge sec on LRP. Plus I actually did my med chemist job and made spacecillin and other stuff

yeah i get you
first time as a geneticist i transformed people into monkeys and i was like wow you can do that!
so yeah you should be unbanned imo (i’m not an admin or staff)

thanks, geneticist was my first job, but I sucked at it.

Oh you were doing chemistry monster spawn… Not gonna lie you got clowned on hard by your friend

yeah, I just looked it up online, you can spawn friendlies, but you replace blood with sugar.

@ro5490 I’d like to get this resolved as soon as possible.

Sorry, didnt see this til now.
The entire round was hecktic and I assumed you where there just to grief, as you’ve explained the situation and I’ve gone over the logs I’ll be reducing this ban down to just 1 day, please keep in mind that spawning any hostile mobs, not in a contained secure place, as a non-antag, is very bad. there are a few other recipes that work for spawning neutral and friendly mobs however.

Thanks @Tripwick

Also, this is only an MRP ban, you can still play on Golden/LRP til then

thank you very much. I’ll be more careful from now on.