Tot & Lings roll way too often

We barely see any other gamemodes. For the love of god, we play 9 rounds of ling/tots out of 10. constantly. We barely see any of the other antags. I cant remember the last time I saw a wizard, a nukie, a rev, a cultist, or especially an heretic.

Please either remove traitorchan, make traitor and ling less common compared to dynamic or bring back separate gamemodes.
rounds are really repetitive right now, and its extremely boring overall.

Do you think tot and/or ling happen way too often ?
  • Yes, I do. I wish we got less traitor and/or lings round overall.
  • I don’t care that much.
  • No, it’s fine in my opinion and should stay that way.

0 voters

5 Likes

Traitors and Lings being the most common is completely intentional because they are the most stable antags for an RP environment. Everything else is basically a glorified TDM.

5 Likes

Make it so there’s a 20 percent chance for lings or traitors to get gimmick objectives instead of regular ones.

That will break the monotony
:grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

7 Likes

The problem is antags are supposed to drive the round forward, but lings do not do that. Most tots don’t either. And even then, having the same exact RP every round is shit (because we don’t choose our own objectives, so most players basically are forced to chase the green by silently doing shit instead of opting to do a gimmick)

1 Like

how about just don’t do your objectives. It’s in the rules that you are encouraged to not do them and instead do wacky shit.

3 Likes

which I do, except you forget about the fact most people are unable to come up with new gimmicks every single round - and that most players are also incentivized by the epic green at the end AND the beecoin rewards to live, escape, and get da green.

Most tot/ling rounds for the average crewmembers, happens the exact same way every same time. The RP stemming from that is not interesting due to its insane repetitivity

4 Likes

I’d love if those antags got the “protect _____” objectives. Typically only like ninjas get them but I think it would make IC sense if other groups have to protect people. Those people could be informants or so bad at their job it somehow allows illegal activity to go on

2 Likes

Would cut down on the senseless murderbone too.

Get this.
Spessman actually can’t solve a problem by toolboxing for once.

Mind blown

6 Likes

More Wiznerds and Nukies then hahahahahahahahahahahAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!

2 Likes

the other antags suck and hijack a round. Code a better antag or rework an existing one to mesh better with the current game.

Absolutely. Lings and tots are consistently okay, but we do need more variety. I hate wizard and cult with a passion, but the occasional rev and nukie round is nice.

As much as a lot of people hated it, I kinda want extended back. Having a round where you can expect some relative safety and act with good faith is refreshing. I’m talking proper greenshifts, secret extended is a nightmare.

I dont play much but last time I got on I played about five rounds and three of them were lings…

2 Likes

Agree but as much as I love Heretics I understand that they are a broken mess of a role. Decrease tot and ling chances and problem solved, or increase dynamic

1 Like

Please no. Dynamic is horrifically balanced. The only thing worse than repetitive mediocrity is occasional mediocrity broken up by agony.

2 Likes

I really disagree here, dynamic is not that bad and doesn’t bring agony.

If you define agony as “I have a much higher chance of dying” tho, then uh, sure. But also dying is part of the game, and I personally love to see how my character will end - even if most of the time it will be death.

Greenshifts where you know they’re greenshifts roundstart are fun, secret extended is not; imo.

1 Like

Is not always that bad, as it all depend on the roll, sometime its balanced with spread out antag, sometime its clusterfuck of hell and destruction that make the station essentially antag playground. Is it fun playing as antag when the station cant even put up a decent fight? (Unless youre blob, i think the only way for you to win is for the station to ignore you)

1 Like

fair enough, my point on tot and ling still stand though.

dynamic does still need tweaking, it’s not perfect, but it’s still preferrable to near constant tot+lings

Secret extended is the BEST game mode :smiley:

Those are the rounds when a super disease is making people explode, medbay gets maxcapped, HOP gets murdered for AA, theres blood and gore everywhere on escape shuttle and then the round ends and…

5 Likes

The station during any antagonist round whatsoever: Hyper competent, armed to the teeth, working together, utterly unbeatable.
The station during a greenshift: The Munchables OST – 18 – Panic Restaurant - YouTube

DISCLAIMER: THIS IS A JOKE
THIS IS NOT REPRESENTATIVE OF THE ACTUAL STATE OF SPACE STATION 13
THIS IS SIMPLY A SARCASTIC ANALYSIS OF THE ABOVE POST, JUXTAPOSING THE PRESENTED CHAOS OF GREENSHIFTS WITH THE “ANTAGONIST ROUND”