Ban Type:
Global

Ban Length:
Permanent

Ban Date (MM/DD/YYYY):
2021-6-17

Round ID:

Ban Reason:
1h player, immediately monkeys themselves and breaks into sec and steals gear on MRP.

Appeal Reason:
I think a permanent ban on all servers for stealing a sec helmet as a monkey is unreasonable especially since it was LRP.

Additional Information:
TL;DR on the round for me, was learning genetics and turned into a monkey, nobody spoke monkey so no-one would turn me back into a human so i left genetics and wandered around the station for an hour mainly being at kitchen and R&D went by security and all the doors were open to armory so i ran in and grabbed a sec helmet and ran out then HOS turned me into a crab and gibbed me, then i was perma banned.

Nope it was MRP.
You have a single hour on the server and what you describe is not only not MRP behaviour but also breaks multiple rules.
It’s hard to steal gear when you’re crabbed inside security area after taking items out of a locker, you also had a flash and cuffs, I didn’t think it prudent to let you continue further due to above, so you were stopped before then.

I should also add this was 25 minutes into the round, not an hour, enough time for you to practice hacking on the maint door outside of sec too.

Even this would break L2 on Golden.

well i apologize for breaking MRP mistaking it for LRP, didnt know crabs were a thing pretty cool, i didnt have a flash at all i can say that 100%, also for MRP fair enough but again thought its LRP.

It was a perma just due to the low hours and it seemed like intentional grief.
You’d probably be fine on LRP but it is still quite borderline there too. Will lift it, but the note stays, please check the server and also the rules for each here : Rules - BeeStation Wiki

of course im 100% ok for notes since itll help admins interact with me while i play, now one last thing. can you tell me how to crab people? is it a sec only tool?

It was an admin only tool, by that point you were already in sec and taking things, so I had decided to ban and thought would be neat. Crabs can be found on the holodeck and other strange places sometimes, and drop crab meat for the chef.

You are now also able to rejoin whenever you wish.

1 Like