Ban Type:
server

Ban Length:
3 Days

Ban Date (YYYY/MM/DD/):
2022/05/24

Round ID:

Ban Reason:
Rules 2 and 9. As a non-antagonist, set off a hellsmoke grenade on the emergency shuttle before the end of round 38261. EORG prep is considered powergaming and is not allowed here.

Appeal Reason:
Not an accurate ban, but yeah I get it. I did bring some hell smoke grenades to the shuttle as a non-antag. Definitely guilty of that. I did however, wait for the round to end before they were set to explode. Didn’t want anyone to miss out on their objectives / points.

Additional Information:
New chemist trying to be as cordial as possible using explosives. Was thinking it’d be ok to kill after the round was over. I’m not sure what “EORG prep” is, but I’m guessing it means “end of round game” or something like that. I do get that IC it really doesn’t make sense to prep for the end of round death fest.

1 Like

End of Round Grief. Preparing for it with overwhelmingly lethal tools outside of your role’s normal gear in most contexts is often a litmus test for whether someone intends to follow server rules.

Preparing for EORG is banned on Bee for three reasons:

• It’s a roleplay server where players accept that they can’t make themselves as lethal as possible unless they roll the bad man role. You’re supposed to be a professional. If you weren’t given permission to make lethal 'nades then don’t make them secretly.

• Actual griefers spent their shift making dangerous items just for the EORG to instant-delete everyone. And then they did it too early. Bombs rigged to go off when the owner dies can’t be controlled for when they go off.

• The shuttle is the main means to evac and an antagonist objective sometimes. Crew would avoid it if you reliably could be killed on it due to the efforts of non-antagonists.

There’s some nuance to this rule. If CMO told you to make them to defend against station threats and you happen to have them at the end, yeah sure it’s fine.

Hell, you could ask CMO if he would give permission to not only make them… but help you set up a testing site for your grenades using humanized monkies as the targets.

The barest of roleplay and cooperation takes you a long way on a roleplay server.

1 Like

From the logs, you can see that your grenade clearly went off before the round ended by looking at the timestamps:

Really though, this is more about the EORG-prep. Spacegoat pretty much pointed out everything relevant here.
I’m willing to cut the ban down to one day because I think you understand why that’s not allowed here now.
Please be careful about this kind of stuff in the future.

Appeal accepted.

1 Like