Ban Type:
Permanent Ban
Ban Length:
Forever
Ban Date (YYYY/MM/DD/):
2022-07-29
Round ID:
Ban Reason:
Blew up robotics with maxcap, brand new account.
Appeal Reason:
I was given a bomb without knowing and got blown up via remote.
Additional Information:
Hi I just recently started playing playstation 13 and I’m still getting used to a lot of the mechanics of the game. I was playing with some of my friends when one of them gave me something and told me to hold on to it. My character was wheelchairbound and had lost my first wheelchair and was given a motorized replacement so I requested for someone to help me get a battery. Someone pulled me into a what I would assume is robotics so other people could get me a battery but that was when I blew up. Soon after I get a pop-up pm from an admin asking me “what was that maxcap in robotics about” and I told him I don’t know, I’m new. All I got as a response was “sure” so I asked what a maxcap was and that was when I got banned. I believe this was unjustified seeing as I didn’t know what I was holding nor am I very experienced at the game. My account is also new of course which is honestly my only proof. I apologize if I disturbed the other players because I was having a lot of fun before the explosion happened.

1 Like

Hello thanks for the appeal.

May I ask what the ckeys of your friends are? Makes processing this alot easier.

1 Like

The one who gave me the bomb ckey is Drogon2112 and the one who activated the remote was literallygorf.

However I don’t think my friends should be permanently banned because neither of them knew where I was at the time and only wanted to troll me personally. I can’t ask for no punishment so please don’t be too harsh.

1 Like

I mean they did make a maxcap with the intent of detonating it on you. Only justification i see would be if they were a traitor and you their target but still a maxcap would be a little much for an assassination objective

1 Like

I think a permanent ban to either me or my friends is unjustified seeing as bombs were added to the game for things like this (I can only assume). A punishment might still be in order but I think a permanent one for having some fun (admittedly at the expense of others) is overzealous.

Just some extra info:
I think the one who gave me the bomb was a traitor but I still don’t know a lot of the roles and mechanics of the game. I don’t even know if there are different types of bombs but a maxcap sounds like the worst one. I think I remember it being called something like “pipes and valves” or something similar.

1 Like

A tank-transfer valve yes, it’s the type of bombs that Scientists can make to launch into the toxins test area to get research points.

As for

bombs were added to the game for things like this

Not really, the one that you got killed with is used to obtain research points, if we’re talking about traitors they can buy different type of bombs with their traitor currency called TeleCrystals or they can make them(if they know how to) on Toxins or Chemistry, explosion size varies, still we don’t allow a random big bomb just to kill a single target, if your friend was indeed an antag and you were his target he still broke the rules, that’s all i got to add though rest is for admemes investigation or your more experienced friends sharing their side of their story.

i mean the bombs were added to the game to blow stuff up, only later they were given a diffrent use.
But still just becouse a bomb exists doesn’t mean that you can use it whenever you want

2 Likes

yesnt.
like the onther ones sayed:
the intent of this kind of bomb changed for getting research points
on the onther hand if your friend was a traitor and got the objectiv to kill you, then imagen you use a carpet bombing that evaporate a whole city district to just kill one terrorist …
it could be justified if your friend got the “shuttle hijack” objectiv

if we give you and your friend the benefit of the doubt that you are in fact a new new player and your friend someone with mutch play time …

I would say a a few days to read the wiki to get a idea of what u should be avoiding while hanging around the station

And your friend a longer time … i heared and saw mutch worse acts of evil intent … and got away with a blue eye…

But well iam just a lizard that has no power adding my brainfarts to this :slight_smile:

Taking a while eh?

2 Likes

Alrighty lets break this down. I apologize alot for how long this took me to resolve. I had this already resolved ages ago I just never actually posted the official version of it and went through. Really sorry about it. Now lets resolve this:

Your story checks out after cross referencing it with the logs. To give a couple examples:

Summary

GAME: Bomb valve opened in Robotics Lab (113, 81, 2) with The remote signaling device attached by Drogon2112 (Okamba Tanaka) - Last touched by: Awsumm (Sture Bergwall)

Alrighty so overall I’d say that you yourself aren’t all that much at fault here as I’d go as far as believing that you genuinly had no idea that this would/could happen.

The actually bad part here is that you guys metacommed meaning using outside communications for example like discord voicechat or skype or whatever.
The thing that is actually rather bad, which isn’t directly related to you, is how your friends misused you to grief the station. They are both rather old players and definitely should know fully well that this was against the rules. Not only is this bad because of the grief itself. But because they used you for it. Meaning you would be the one that gets banned.

I’ve decided to unban you. Keep in mind that metacomming (giving away or using ingame information gained through voicechat or other sources outside of what your ingame character knows) is against the rules and gets heavily punished.
Using voicechat for teaching purposes only is fine. As long as you ahelp and let us know that you are teaching/being taught. And even while teaching, any information gained through said voicechat apart from directly mechanic related stuff should not be acted upon by your ingame character.

Your ban will be turned into a note and your friends will receive them aswell. Make sure this does not happen again please.