Timeline of an average bee round

0:00 - Round starts. The crew manifest is fully staffed science, ok staffed medical and service, and low or not at all staffed command, cargo, sec and especially engineering.
0:10 - Because no one is staffing engineering, or the engineer doesnt know how to set the SM, the SM isnt set. Some departments already lost power, causing people to yell at engineering.
0:15 - Roundstart antags finished preparations and now start antagonizing. Everyone else has geared up too and less people latejoin from this point. This is where the round really begins.
0:20 - The clueless engineer finally sets the SM, but since he doesnt know how to do it, the SM delams and explodes. Either that or a griefer/rulebreaking antag caused it. At the same time the first antag is outed and the alert is raised to blue.
0:35 - Critical departments lose power entirely now if its not highpop. Solars are wired, but its not enough to charge them.
0:45 - The powergamey departments have finished their job. By now a good portion of players have either nanites, healing viruses, mutations or xenobio shit inside them.
0:50 - All the roundstart antags either have been caught or went full stealth, giving the crew an illusion of safety. People start getting bored, maybe even cryo.
1:00 - The midround (either blob, pirates or xenos) spawns. Its discovery marks a strong turning point, because what was previously a quiet blueshift, maybe even almost a greenshift, is now a chaotic redshift, and the alert will never lower again. Any gimmick that was attempted ends here because everyone is “busy”.
1:10 - Shuttle is called, but the midround prevents it from coming, either by just existing (blob, xenos) or by force recalling it.
1:20 - Second midround spawns. If all hell hasnt broken loose by this point, it does now. Any pretense of RP is dropped and it’s just team deathmatch now.
1:30 - Shuttle is called (most likely by AI), cannot be recalled, and is actually coming this time.
1:35 - Shuttle arrives. A good chunk of people (often most) are dead or fled to lavaland. The rest just sit and wait inside the shuttle.
1:39 - People start EORG before the round actually ends.
1:40 - Round ends. If an admin joined at this point, it will take another 20 minutes until a new round starts because before the round had 0 admins and any tider/griefer would only be banned now, if ever.

15 Likes

Why do so many antags spawn if this is supposed to be a rp server its like mrp roundstart - lrp lateround

8 Likes

our greenshift gameplay loop is an absolute snorefest

8 Likes

Goes to show the main problem is just the repeating midround antags that offer no good RP

5 Likes

I feel like, once again late game is to blame for that. Why set up a intricate gimmick if in 10 minutes 5 xenos come in and fuck it up?

1 Like

hot take: xenos are just revs with extra steps

we got rid of revs now throw xenos out (rip mind crawler though that track smacks)

5 Likes

I remember vip making a cool diner where you would get waiters and had to pay for your food, then a midround hit and all atrntion went to them.

1 Like

Yeah I did try a lot of diner restaurant gimmick that were cut off the moment there was a round ending midround.

A lot of people are pointing and screaming at dynamic, saying it’s the reason of all our problems.
But it has been lasting for months now, proof with this post

1 Like

i miss revs somewhat. Better RP opportunity than most antags we have currently, it’s just that our average player is a goober who just sees it as an excuse to insert a meth grenade up the CMOs ass. If revs had to more closely follow the instructions of headrevs then we could have more interesting rev rounds like a non-violent take over or other gimmicks. As it was, it only took one bad player to put people on edge and ruin any RP going on

Even then, you can’t tell me that revs was worse off for an RP server than blob or xenos who can’t be communicated with and can only be resolved by arming the crew and then going home

4 Likes

timeline of old bee rounds :
0:00 Shiftstart, 50 pop.
5:00 All roundstart antags have been caught and executed. Sec pats themselves on the back.
1:30:00 A midround spawns. They promptly get destroyed. Shuttle vote fails because of “RP”
3:00:00 The shuttle finally gets called, everyone boards it, nothing interesting has ever happened in this round nor in the next round.

4 Likes

I miss those days when we had full staffed crew and shifts would go as far as 3 hours.

good ol days man. Good ol days… :pensive:

1 Like

ah yes full staffed crew…
how can people have fake nostalgia for something that never happened except it was like a few months ago?

1 Like

Either that it was Bee long ago or I was mistaking Simpistan (aka fulpstation) when it was good before some admin found his egirl and simped harder for her than dimond tipped grinder grinding on stainless steel.

it was bee super long ago, a few months back before dynamic the only consistently staff dept was sec because they were able to game on antag super hard with little fighting back (and if there was, they’d powergame the shit out of their equipment)
it wasn’t fun and despite the problems of current dynamic which exist, it is far far far more interesting than before.

1 Like

Whatever the case Bee years ago was way better than bee now as it is eating those ripoff indomie noodles you find in stores.

But with current administration I do not see the good bee coming back :pensive: :pensive: :pensive:
The cozy loading time
The too much OOC chatting
The crazy stuff happened and happens when its most active
The horrible setup that somehow worked which was funny to look at
Mostly gone :pensive: :pensive: :pensive:

secret esoteric knowledge

1 Like

a lot of words for a lot of things which didn’t really happen
it’s so easy to shift the blame inherent to the players onto admins

1 Like

I’ve seen bee struggle to find what its supposed to be about since i joined back when the only server was golden. It jumps from RP focused to no RP, and then back again. I think current bee is just the culmination of that. That situation has bled its way into the actual game. The first 30 minutes, roughly, are roleplay focused, and then that gets eroded away until the shuttle gets called, and then everything is no RP until the shuttle arrives, and everyone gets on, and it goes back to full RP again.

Its hard to point blame at any one thing. Admins, players, coders, the mechanics of the game, and byond RNG systems. Give it time, and maybe things will change. they always seem to, for better or for worse. Beestation now, is different from beestation 6 months ago, which is different from bee a year ago, and so on. such is the nature of this kind of game.

2 Likes

Me: Do something funny like brain transplant a xenomorf.
Admin: THAT’S LRP YOU HAVE TO ACT PROFESSIONALLY.
Me: Well I guest I’m expected to play boring.
Solution, not playing command

1 Like

The roles that are the most poorly managed are also the roles that are the least played.
Shocking.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.