Threads should not be getting closed

As title says, forum topics should not be getting closed automatically, at least not after that very short period of 7 days.
That system may make sense on big forums with huge amount of threads coming every day but not here, we have a small base of users, active mostly during weekends, discussing things takes some time and sometimes we just have to wait for something to happen to fuel the discussion further. Its really not hard to imagine that since discussions mostly happen on weekends something may got buried just the very next week under the more pressing matter and then get closed forever.

Just for example, there was a thread about fastmos issue that happened on lavaland few weeks ago, it happened again, this time on station. We could discuss circumstances of both (actually more since I have since that happen in past) incidents and find common links between them to figure out what is causing it. Sadly stupid system halted the discussion completely, thread got closed and I can’t imagine people to jump between multiple topics just trying to follow what was said already.

Either completely remove that feature or make threads stay open much much longer

7 Likes

also remove 20 char limit because that’s very cringe

If I remember correctly, there were a few users going around necroing threads a while back even after being told to stop, which caused this change.

2 Likes

It’s better you make a new thread than necro tb h

It doesn’t matter on big or small forums, actually I’d say this forum isn’t actually small. When I think small I think like 20 active users.

ADMIN ADMIN, amin, adminijnr please close this THREAD!!!

Just kidding please don’t close this thread

close it again

20 chars

1 Like

Tis merely a jest bud

1 Like

WITCHCRAFT! Burn the witch!!! ​ ​​ ​ ​ ​

make every thread automatically close after 30 seconds, even ban appeals, suggestions, and staff reports

4 Likes

@anon26938153 @Froststahr

Writing in thread that is more than 7 day old is hardly necroing, especially considering what I mentioned before-most of our activity both ingame and on forum is slowing down during week and picking up on weekends, your thread gets buried by some more pressing issue (people discussing controversial ban, rule change, unpopular PR) during weekend and you’re basically done, your thread gets closed. That very issue was actually recognized by admins implementing the system since apparently ban appeals and suggestions are not limited by it.
While I see why responding to topics that are year old is considered bad since what was said in them may not longer be relevant and people discussing the issue may not be interested or even active anymore but a week old thread?
If we don’t want to remove this system then at least period we have to reply needs to be increased. It does more harm than it helps in my opinion, can’t even count the times I wanted to share my take on some issues but had no time during work days so I decided to do it in few days only to find out I’m already too late

2 weeks doesnt rly bother me personally.

Maby make a thread unlockable for longer members?

I assume the intent for threads getting locked was so that certain topics can die out after a while. Though ceratin topics simply do not get constant activity and may take longer between posts to formulate reply’s isntead of just bumping it.

20 char limit cringe though remove dont improve

Is this a “literally 1984” thread that doesn’t say so???

The irony.

Also no, you don’t just get to delete your post to hide what you’ve done coward.