Third time's a charm Mat05usz mod application

Your CKEY (Including any alts you have): Mat05usz

Your Discord Name (Including any alts you have): Mat05usz#8583

How often are you online to help? (Timezone): Basically 10am to like 3 am

What changes, if any, would you bring?: Transparency is ‘ok’, other areas are fine too, I don’t think I’d want to bring much changes.

How old are you?: 23

Why do you want to be a moderator?: I wanna make sure that people aren’t being shitters, while also making sure RP is there.

How long have you been playing SS13?: 2,5 years, since june 2019.

How long have you been playing BeeStation?: Same as above, my first and only server

On a scale of 1-10, how skilled are you in SS13?: i’d say an 8.

On a scale of 1-10, how skilled are you as an administrator? (this can include past games): i’d give it an 8 too

Have you ever been an admin or moderator on another server? This is not limited to SS13: No, I only been an admin on Beestation.

Do you have any alternate accounts on SS13? If so, could you provide their CKEY?: I do not.

Your strengths: I really like to listen to people

Your weaknesses: If I belive I’m correct, I might be hard to convince otherwise. But it’s not impossible.

Is there anything that gets you really mad, real fast?: Nope.

What do you think is the most important trait for a staff member to have?: Patience and open mindness.

What makes a staff team good?: Helping each other, we’re all stuck in an endless quest to interpret rules as best as we can
What is a staff team’s purpose?: To make sure our server is enjoyable, for everyone.

What kind of player are you?: Helpful.

How do you think you will change once you become a staff member?: I may/may not rethink some ideas

The clown slips the HoS and steals his gun, spacing it right after. What do you do?:
Clown did a based, but HoS gun is a high risk item that’s wanted by tots. Item should be brought back to the station, and clown should be talked to. If clown understands what they did wrong, a minor note with a short lifespan would be sufficient, if they don’t then a regular note (or other punishment depending on their history).

A non-antagonist is sabotaging the Atmospherics loop and pumping plasma into the distro, along with dragging around a canister and releasing it into the atmosphere. Assuming that an admin is cleaning up the after-effects, how do you conduct the ahelp with him?:
Obvious griefer. Swift aprison, then talk to them (999/1000 cases it will be a griefer). That counts as an example of bad grief so I wouldn’t wait for an admin to come, and just permaban them.

A chemist who is working alone accidentally mixes an explosive mixture inside of his chem dispenser, instantly killing himself and destroying the machine, along with exposing Chemistry to space. Nobody else was injured aside from him as a result of his actions. What do you do?:
I’d check their PP, how many hours etc, but in most cases I wouldn’t do anything, mistakes happen.

9 Likes

From recollection, you didn’t really leave on the best of terms during either of your departures from staff. Not to say that you’re a bad admin, but, you have a tendency to be quite argumentative and to go against the grain. I’m a bit apprehensive about this.

You are correct, both of my departures weren’t nice, first one more than the second, but I still would like to help the community by, well, just adminning.
(I also don’t think I should try and make lengthy explanations as to what happened, why it happened etc (unless you want me to)).

1 Like

I don’t think it has to be bad at all.

You were a decent admin
+1

5 Likes

I promised
+1

1 Like

Having talked it over internally. We don’t feel like accepting it at this time. Mostly due to reason crossed pointed out already.