Things lifeweb did that we should bring over and make less shit: a thread

for you lifeweb nerds who wanna reflect on shit that would be cool to port over to normal ss13 from lifeweb, here’s a thread

personally i would fuckin’ love to see those roundstart randomizer things, like when the entire fortress rolls being weaker than normal so you have a bunch of softies next to a SUPER STRONG CERBERUS

invite to lifweb pls :flushed:

/tg/ has this in station traits.

they’re different from lifeweb in how they’re A. more common and will stack more, so they’re less significant in effect, but it’s still a cool thing.

I like the death stuff and migrant system a lot, there’s a lot of ways you stay in the round after death. If you’re a ghost you can succ the dying to gain energy (like a rev) and have powers you can spend it on, stronger powers than a rev like full temporary possession, but it’s also very hard to build up. Depends on your death circumstances what happens though, like sometimes you just have to navigate a maze to come back and this is shit i dont remember v well. Players can help you out in those cases by giving your corpse an actual burial which gives you “peace.”

You got migrants and skinwalkers too, in the cave outside the fortress. Migrants spawn in groups and want to make it to the village, and skinwalkers are minor antags who just kill until killed.

Ofc that stuff mostly won’t work in a space station setting. That might be why I like the idea of making lavaland significantly more important if we’re gonna keep it, making it the actual subject of the “research station,” so that more players have a reason to be going there and thus be antagonized by like, revamped ashwalkers. Not that there aren’t huge issues with that though, because you’re further splitting players between two games, but yeah.

Random-families were cool too and instigated RP, though it’s an optional feature.

Also in things that used to be novel but actually made it to ss13 that hasnt been ported here, tamable and rid-able animals.

Caveat again, you aren’t gonna replicate the “enforces RP and anti-validhunting and powergaming through game mechanics” part by just copy-pasting random features, it’s a ground->up thing. Doesn’t mean those features aren’t fun tho

2 Likes

what about me bro… :flushed:

invite me and archanial to lifeweb pls :flushed:

1 Like

I was a space shark yesterday and couldnt give people rides across space. Sad. :frowning:

This actually sounds like a really neat feature, should probably only be in MRP though.

1 Like

would be funny as fuck to have a family consisting of like…
Joe Bob, human
Jane Bob, human
Hydrogen Bob, plasmaman

Jane was adopted…

1 Like

Won’t work on bee, but I’m thinking, we could have Interns, who would be assigned a tutor or mentor.

You got migrants and skinwalkers too, in the cave outside the fortress. Migrants spawn in groups and want to make it to the village, and skinwalkers are minor antags who just kill until killed.

We have migrants, in a way, tho.

Through the random lavaland spawns. Though they are mostly used by miners to powergame lavaland mobs.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.