Thee_Flame_Prince/Jameson's Application Actual

Your CKEY (Including any alts you have): theeflameprince

Your Discord Name (Including any alts you have): Jameson#1780

How often are you online to play/admin? (Timezone): At least three hours a day, EST.

What changes, if any, would you bring?:
Immediately, I would like to address the backlog of player reports Screen capture - d2607bfb1d46f05d4f8c82b36d56889c - Gyazo and help take that administrative burden off of the team’s hands. It would be a great opportunity for me to finalize my learning of Bee’s rules and adjust my leniency to the team’s standards as each ban will need to be approved.

Over time, I would like to help improve the connection between players and staff and operate as the player’s advocate on the team. Community engagement’s the new trend that I feel we should all be digging. Oh, and this

How old are you?: 24

Why do you want to be an admin?: If you want to read my long-winded answer, click here. I enjoy Bee’s community and I want to give back to it in a way that is appropriate for me, personally. I have developed a certain set of skills and I want to apply them to better the community I am in. Be the change you want to see and all that jazz.

How long have you been playing SS13?: 2009

How long have you been playing BeeStation?:

On a scale of 1-10, how skilled are you in SS13?: I’ve shocked myself at how experienced I’ve become over a month of reintegrating into the community, I’m definitely nearer a 6. I know the operational basics of most roles and what I don’t I could always read a wiki to learn to ensure I’m equipped with basic knowledge to help folks.

On a scale of 1-10, how skilled are you as an admin?: 9 - there’s always room for improvement but I’ve worked hard to fine-tune my moderation techniques and providing impartial insight to scenarios, as evidenced by this, that and thus.

Have you ever been an admin on another server? This is not limited to SS13:
Previous co-owner and current operations staff for ROBLOX game that earns ~2000usd/mo.
previous councilmin and administrator for Yogs
previous lvl1 staff for roleplay.co.uk, an arma 3 life server
previous admin for gmod darkrp and perp (roleplay servers)
previous cowed (byond rp game like ss13 but medieval with cows as sprites) owner and administrator
previous moderator for SS13DL, a competitor of goon for a time that later collaborated with bay12
various administrative or staffing roles for roblox communities

Do you have any alternate accounts on SS13? If so, could you provide their CKEY?: nada

Your strengths: Impartial and difficult to anger, administration and paperwork (tedium) and i know when to take a break to avoid burnout.

Your weaknesses: overzealous, overly lenient and a bit too big for my britches sometimes.

Is there anything that gets you really mad, real fast?: Adminshopping - considering my impartiality and open-mindedness, it really upsets me when players feel like they can’t resolve an issue with me.

What do you think is the most important trait for a staff member to have?: Consistency and/or patience.

What makes a staff team good?: Cohesion and communication

What is a staff team’s purpose?: Facilitation

What kind of player are you?: Help the station, help the people and improve QoL for everyone I interact with.

How do you think you will change once you become a staff member?: “I will adjust and learn Bee’s ways of doing things and adjust my moderation style to the modus operandi of the staff team. I will equalize my time better between LRP and MRP to ensure both servers get attention and see my lovely face.” circa me, a month ago.

The clown slips the HoS and steals his gun, spacing it right after. What do you do?:
HoS gun is antag obj and high risk item. Stealing it is self-antag and spacing it is detrimental to anyone who had the objective to collect it. Return the gun to the station, investigate the clown for notes and warn + note him for self-antag. If he’s got a history, ban he. More history is more ban he.

A non-antagonist is sabotaging the Atmospherics loop and pumping plasma into the distro, along with dragging around a canister and releasing it into the atmosphere. Assuming that another admin is cleaning up the after-effects, how do you conduct the ahelp with him?: Ajail, communicate with him to establish why he did it (or whatever bullshit reason he’ll give me) and alert him he’ll be permabanned so he can appeal in front of his peers and explain himself in public for (potentially) ruining so many people’s rounds.

A chemist who is working alone accidentally mixes an explosive mixture inside of his chem dispenser, instantly killing himself and destroying the machine, along with exposing Chemistry to space. Nobody else was injured aside from him as a result of his actions. What do you do?: talk with the chemist about what went wrong, help him understand how not to do it again, link guide if necessary and pat him on the head, A+ for effort.

not a mentor app but for those curious

2 Likes

App looks nice, also I don’t recall even a single problem with you (and I’ve seen you a lot on Golden), completely clean record.
That’s a +1 from me.

T: +1

I made a few oopsies when I first got here with the SM as I thought I knew more then I did, but that’s just telling on myself. considering i’ve posted a guide about the pubby sm i think i’ve made up for it. and thank you!

Problems with SM happen all the time, people experiment and sometimes it goes bad. As long as it’s not malicious, it’s usually fine.

You put 200 hours in like a month go outside.

1 Like

Jesus. You started playing this when you were 12?

I have a full-time job in the military that often requires I go outside for extended periods of time. I do enough outside time at work.

bat

found byond in 2008, so I would’ve been 11. started playing ss13 in 2009.

played this, mitadake high (death note), sunday the 19th, icon ultima, cowed, hazordhu and most importantly, Hogwarts: A History. God, I fucking miss HaH. BYOND is where I found the advertisement for ROBLOX which shaped pretty well my entire adolescent life.

I’ve seen some shit.

1 Like

Your reputation precedes you.

Please apply for Host. You have been playing for longer than probably every single person on the forum.

XD

If i could vote for you i would.

1 Like

BYOND’s like that though, most people who’ve been playing on it since 2008 have moved on and never looked back. I just happen to get a hankering and come back whenever I see old photos or videos of SS13. ROBLOX and BYOND are games I’ll always go back to.

2 Likes

What do you do? If you don’t mind me asking.

Funny you should ask. My ingame name is a reference to what I do in the military:

I work with radios and radio equipment.

1 Like

+1 I think you would do fine, hope the rest of your app goes well.

1 Like

thank you kindly vinyman, excited to potentially babysit golden with you

As an added note, as a staff member I would do my best to interact with potential staff and try to improve staffing so that both servers are actively attended to. Including but not limited to asking @Lagomorphica very politely to return.

previous councilmin and administrator for Yogs

And why did you leave?

Various reasons. I wasn’t a fit for the community and I’d been exhausted about ss13. My overzealousness costs me sometimes, but it was time I’d moved on.

HOW DID YOU GET YOUNGER

Oh lol I’m 25 this year so I usually round up, you lose track sometimes

1 Like

Going with +0.5
Your hours are a bit low, but you are overqualified.

1 Like

Thanks Arch. I’m doing what I can to put more hours into the community, just doing what I can to temper myself to make sure I don’t burn out.