Thebigpgm153 mentor application

Your CKEY: Thebigpgm153

Your Discord: thebigpgm153#7065

How long have you been playing ss13?: Since about march/april 2020

Who vouches for your experience (if anyone)?: whoever saw me doing xenobio, circuits, not too questionable security work… I cannot point to anyone in particular tough (maybe whoever is Kenny Cameron, but that’s more related to NSV).

Game Experience (More Detailed):

My hours : (no PNG because not enough perms)
  • AI 19h
  • Assistant 7h
  • Atmos tech 12h
  • Bartender 6h
  • Botanist 17h
  • Brig phys 4h
  • Cargo tech 3h
  • Chemist 19h
  • CE 5h
  • CMO 2h
  • Clown 12h
  • Cyborg 46h
  • Detective 5h
  • Paramedic 4h
  • Geneticist 1h
  • Barber 40m
  • Stage Magician 20m
  • Debtor 50m
  • VIP 60m
  • HOP 2h
  • HOS 5h
  • Janitor 1h
  • Lawyer 1h
  • MD 5h
  • Mime 60m
  • QM 3h
  • RD 10h
  • Robo 34h
  • Scientist 81h
  • Security officer 46h
  • Shaft miner 9h
  • Station engineer 12h
  • Viro 1h
  • Warden 16h
  • Living 435h
  • Lifebringer 20m
  • Ash Walker 5h
  • Servant Golem 40m
  • Hotel Staff 10m
  • Space Bartender 10m
  • Beach Bum 30m
  • Lavaland Syndie 60m
  • Ghost 46h

Lacking in viro, genetics and nanites.

400 hours is good, 0.002 notes per hour with no bans and only one note. Sounds good.

Time for funny questions.

1. How do i unbuckle?
  2. Which of the funny xenbio thingermajigs give me permament meth speed?
  3. How do the thingys in genetics that make mutations stronger work, and how do i get them?
  4. I cant seem to get level 9 symptoms in viro anymore, help?
  5. A player mhelps “How do i expand as blob?”. Your answer, and how do you act?
  6. Someone asks a rules question, and you are not 100% sure. What do you tell them?
  7. How does the DRAGnet work?
  8. Help what does red R over my head mean?
  9. My fusion can seems to die realy quickly, whats up with that?

Is that commonly asked questions?

I made a good amount of them fairly advanced. Most mhelps come in from new players and are therefore not usualy as complex as these.
They serve more as a test for potential mentors, as they should have considerable knawledge in all areas of the game. (Though ofc its okay to have /some/ deficits)

1 Like
  1. How do i unbuckle?

Assuming you’re not restrained, you can unbuckle by either clicking the alert on your HUD or using the “Resist” verb, either via typing it out in the console, pressing the “resist” button on the HUD, or pressing “b” in hotkey mode.

1. Which of the funny xenbio thingermajigs give me permament meth speed?

This is the stabilised light pink crossbreed, obtained by feeding an adult light pink slime 10 blue extracts.

1. How do the thingys in genetics that make mutations stronger work, and how do i get them?

These thingies are called chromosomes, you obtain them by slapping used activators on your DNA consoles. You can then click on a slot next to a compatible active mutation to apply it.

Granted, I had to look up the wiki for this one

1. I cant seem to get level 9 symptoms in viro anymore, help?

I’m going to assume this comes from an old school returning player.
Level 9 symptoms are acquired via the viral extrapolator, when used on the extract settings on certain disease ridden things (most notable examples are old stains (dried blood or vomit, for example) and rodents) which will extract the disease. The symptom will have to be extracted using either the extrapolator again, or with formaldehyde.

I looked up the extrapolator part on the wiki too

1. A player mhelps “How do i expand as blob?”. Your answer, and how do you act?

I tell him that he can either expand manually by leftclicking an empty tile connected to him, or plant extra blob node for passive expansion. I then continue on what was I doing, doing my best to ignore the meta-knowledge I just gained.

1. Someone asks a rules question, and you are not 100% sure. What do you tell them?

I tell them to either A, ask using Adminhelp, or B, on the forums depending of the urgency of the question. I also point them to the ruling thread on the forums, and the extra rules on the wiki.

1. How does the DRAGnet work?

An abridged excerpt from my book “On Tactical Options (OTO) : Armory, part one” :

The Direct Rapid Aprehension of the Guilty net is a dual purpose restraining and transporting tool. It has two setting : “Netting”, which teleports whoever stands still long enough to an activated dropnet (use the one in the armory or print a new one in “bluespace design” in your techfab). The second setting is “ensnare” which shoots energy snare that acts like bolas mid-air, legcuffing anyone on either a direct hit, or stepping on a snare. This allows you to slow down a suspect who stay in place long enough, or trap escape routes.

1. Help what does red R over my head mean?

It means you are now a revolutionary, you must defend the leaders of the revolution (with a blue R) while killing the heads of staff (the quartermaster DO NOT count as one). You must arm yourself by any means allowed by the stage of the game (usually pretty aggressively, as revs get found out quick). You should either avoid or fight security, as they will either attempt to arrest and deconvert or outright kill you.

1. My fusion can seems to die realy quickly, whats up with that?

I would ask for clarifications on the problem first, but I will list my two answer one after the other.

• Fusion absorbs plasma when generating heat, so when this absorption makes the plasma molage dip under 250 mol, the reaction die, so add more starting plasma, or find a way to continuously add some (this is hard to do on a canister setup, which is why the meta has shifted to open air reactors).
  • The canister cannot survive the endothermality (getting cold) phase, and dip under 10000K. This can be fixed by heating the mix more (use a stronger mix, let it burn out completely, keep exchanging the heat longer.). Endothermality is supposedly also discouraged by a low instability factor, which is dependant on the fusion power of gasses (tritium has 1, more niche gasses have 10~, pluox has -10), so you might be able to give the fusion a easier start by adding pluoxium to lower the instability.

On an unrelated note, if you’re cleared to tell me, what is the one note about ? It’s probably hidden, as “View admin remarks” does not show any entries…

yeah the xenobio and the fusion one wouldn’t be my strong suit I’ve tried many times to get a fusion setup right but I think I know where I go wrong eg one must get rid of the water vapor and excess gasses through passive vents or putting those gases into a cannister

These answers are good. I dont usualy vote in these cause im often the one to accept these, but you get my
+1.

Having to look up shit you already knew you werent the best at on the wiki is A OK.

Looking into it more, you actualy DONT have any notes. Beebot said you did but you actualy dont, somehow.

Beebot being a lyin bitch

PS. if you keep your record this clean you could totaly become jannie if you ever feel like it dood :flushed:

Any more questions or votes ?

Llol really just singlehandedly asked the questions.

Just try to get more time working as MD/CMO/Viro

I do most of my medical work as mediborg, but I’ll try to work on those hours.

1 Like

+1, you’d seem like a really good mentor

+1 for that I suppose, though it is hard to get viro stuff as borg.

from what i have read you seem good so have a +1 from me too

Bump.

Also, I will go back in boarding school monday, so you won’t see me ingame in the week bar wednesday afternoon, I will probably stay active on discord or the forums tough.

plus one here that brings the total up to five
more mentors good
T:+5

1+, good answers, good playtime, and good history

+1 good everything
… …

Application accepted
with score +whatever

You are now a member of Beestation Staff™ and because of that you are held to a higher standard.