The Maggot Guy Mentor Warned for "Constant" behavior I haven't exhibited for over a month, and which is completely irrelevant to my abilities and actions as a mentor

Not sure where to put this, but I asked and was told to appeal it on the forums

Ckey: The Maggot Guy

Discord ID: The Maggot Guy#3950

Ban Type: Official Warning

Ban Length: Warning

Ban Date: 9-28-2020

Ban Reason: Constant random pinging of mentors and admins for little to no reason

Appeal Reason: I hadn’t actually done a bad ping in over a month until last night at 2 AM, which if you want you can read my Discord Mute appeal to learn about. Every single other ping had a legitimate reason. Recent pings I remember include for a hacker on lrp who ended up having like 12 alt accounts, a recent mentor ping asking how to quickly remove legs (which is valid, people do that all the time in the questions channel), and an admin ping for filter bypass.

I do ping a lot, but that’s in large part due to the fact I’m practically always online on the discord, and therefore seeing a lot more shit than most users and even some of the admins. The only truly questionable pings I can think of, besides last night’s ping, were when Caecilius himself pinged all the mentors and said “You know this means war” (referencing bugs bunny) and I pinged him back (and all the admins) as a joke, which there’s no way he didn’t see, and could have punished if it warranted punishing. (Don’t remember the context as of now but I believe his ping was also in response to a joke.)

The other example was when I pinged both mentor and adminhelp asking about the rules and mechanics of Goonstation, which in hindsight was stupid (I figured they’d know about it on a deeper level than the average player, and that it was a good idea, but everyone responded with “how the fuck should I know” or similar), but at least had clean intentions, and wasn’t just “for no reason”.

Additional Information:

I firmly believe that, other than last night’s gaffe, I haven’t actually done a bad ping for over a month. I also am aware there certain individuals who believe differently, who dislike me and don’t look at my actions at face value anymore, but regardless of what you think about me, my behavior on the Discord is completely irrelevant to my behavior in game as a mentor.

Oftentimes I am the only staff online (LRP), not just mentor, but even admin, so I’m constantly fielding both rule and game questions from new players, and every single time I’m able, I respond to mhelps, either telling the person what I know, or giving them the tools to find out, even for joke mhelps. My actions on the discord, regardless of how you feel, absolutely do not reflect on my ability to teach new players, and therefore should not reflect on my allowance to help them. Check the logs, and you’ll see I always respond to all but the memiest ahelps to the absolute best of my ability, each and every time, and I don’t see why my behaviour in a completely unrelated area should affect that.

Gonna @Caecilius as he’s the guy who put up the warning on the discord.

2 Likes

idk chief seems like you should’ve been muted a long time ago

Not really sure how you didn’t get muted on top of that with the random pings, but a warning was a very long time coming.

This isn’t about my mute, it’s about my ability to help new players. I get that people don’t like me but every single complaint has nothing to do with how well I teach new players, and since new players aren’t likely to even be on the forums, that poll is not a good indicator of whether I should be mentor or not.

@PowerfulBacon see above

You never got demoted though, it’s just a warning.

Exactly how I see it - you understand that getting pinged constantly gets majorly annoying.

You’ve been warned on quite a few occasions and have even got a name for spam pings, you really should take time out as this was only applied recently.

Yeah, but I believe it’s completely irrelevant to my actions as mentor, and shouldn’t affect my ability to mentor in the future.

As I’ve said in the other post, every single one of those pings had a good reason. You can’t honestly tell me that the pings about the hacker or the pings about the metagamer were made in bad faith.

My two cents are as follow:

Remove maggot’s ability to ping adminhelp.

Simple as.

cope

You were warned several times about pinging fnr.

But I think your behavior changed recently and you stopped pinging so much.

My 2 cents: unbean he.

1 Like

Bumping because I’d like to get this looked at sooner than later.

It’s been a week since last bump, can a seniormin please look at this?

Can this please be looked at?
@GameAdmin

No
Blank posting is hard

um… can you explain why not?

Holy shit this still isn’t resolved?

@Caecilius What’s Uganda’s sister nation? Ooganda.
I gave you a joke, now pls answer this thread.

You’re literally not even banned, it’s just a warning to stop pinging for no reason.

Can we just close this then?