THE MAGGOT GUY ADMIN APPLICATION-- I spent 2 days on this, please read it

You gotta give me about a day to read this, pick apart what I think, and get questions ready.

I’m already liking the paper

1 Like

genuinely pleased to see an admin response, and a positive one at that. gladly.

Captain Maggot!™ & Friends™

2 Likes

This is a good quality. I like this.

May I have a example of what borders breaking the rules (without breaking them) while being extremely silly?

This is how EVERYONE on mrp should act, however shit like security and antags require quick stunning and action.

If we are even remotely involved, we are not allowed to take it. No cap, that’s a instastrike.

Now that’s the shit we need!

Congrats, you are a decent engineer according to a lot of people. You’ve already proved engi skill.

That’s pretty valid, but xeno is used for griefing a lot. Learn it. Botany too.

Place yourself higher, man. If you can do surgery, you are easily a 6-7.

Does anybody really understand toxins tho?

How so? What exactly makes you that good at it?

IC name? I recognize a few good people as command.

Lava’s never been a antag. That’s fine.

Perfect explanation.

You’ve stated this before, and I’ll say it again. Perfect!

Rule

Never trust the player. You may ask if they will confess, but always check the logs. Hell, even on admins. This also applys to coding, too.

On a less professional note, take care of yourself. We don’t want someone going into hypergluchemic shock, do we?

Decent, it should. However, you WILL BE DISRESPECTED AS A ADMIN. Take crusader and me, for example.

Kinda unbased, @fighterslam

If you don’t have this, you’ve already failed.

Definitely! 100% needed. However, sometimes disagreeing with the direction gets you to better places.

This was my main opinion. Rules are to keep the fun here.

Within reason, you can do this with senior approval.

Litterally my favorite nonhuman, tied with nylaa

Not always true, ooc. There’s been a fair few times I’ve had to tell the CE to stop creating server ending rads.

Do and do not be like this. Do follow the rules, usually down to the word. Ocassionally follow the spirit, if needed.

A reminder fuckups that break the rules ALSO count as admin notes/strikes. Keep that in mind

I tried to stop maining ai after adminning. You basically have to at first.

LRP will always need admins. You WILL have to admin on it sometimes.

I really don’t like this. REALLY REALLY. This is the definition of a prank, and a pretty funny one with that. HOS should not have been walking around with it out.

True, but usually the clown gets a bit of leeway with shit like this.

No response usually means you hit them with the maximum you’d give.

At that point, you just nuke the whole damn station. But I see where you are coming from here.

Genuinely trying to help people learn. I like it.

I don’t like this too much, at most a note for being a extreme dick.

thanks for being honest. it happens.

If he had aa, the fucker was valid already. Not even gonna read the rest.

Really didn’t like you doing this, but you learned. It’s aight now, but that wasn’t cool.

For the sake of there’s 33k words here I’m not going to.

This was a really bad ban for you. You REALLY fucked up here. However, I’ve noticed you immediately started improving after it. I like it.

ngl you’ve been a grog a few times, no cap.

Good mentality to have. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HVejEB5uVk

Good.

Makes sense.

Makes sense.

no no NO.

how do I get narsie sized text here

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO N ON NO NO

No one is allowed to powergame. The HOS should NOT be carrying the armory and shit in his backpack.

makes sense

I like this side of the coin. They can have it, but they better not powergame with it.

I’ll do the rest tomorrow, but for now

TLDR

Could really do well, however some of their answers to the questions need to be reevaluated. Seems like he could be a decent admin, but he'd need some work. Really bad on the powergaming section, related to heads. 1+ so far, will see if this increases.

Questions come after I read the rest

1 Like

here’s 3716 reasons why i should be admin on this server.

jokes aside, i’ll give you +1

1 Like

While you claim otherwise, you’re always stuck on technicalities and try to make non-issues into issues through your ahelps. You don’t have a good understanding of the rules.

1 Like

I’m with Xlyana. You’re quite the rule lawyer.

Plus most of the admins do MRP anyway, we have plenty of people on that front.

1 Like

@TheMaggotGuy so… your mentor application got denied and you applied for admin instantly instead? why?

2 Likes

I’m wondering the same thing.

3 Likes

This is what we strive for, within reason.

Good way to put it.

You WILL have to admin lrp at times.

You gotta get used to it. I started there, mrp was a helluva difference to admin.

Answered a lot of questions, however a few horrid answers.

Da Questions...,,,,,,,,,.,,,

hello this is off brand ruediger

First question

We've got a clown. His name is Violent Jay. He's got a fire axe, and nothing else of note. After murdering the mime for attacking him with a weapon (guitar) 4 times, you bwoink him and ask what the axe is for, and why he killed the mime. He said the axe is a reference to a song called my axe, and his clown name is a direct reference to that. LRP? MRP?

Second Question

I'll edit the second question in a bit. Gotta go.
1 Like

ThiswayIonly type 20

The FBI man thing I mentioned gets pretty close. I think the time I played as a guy who was deluded he was the real actual captain (based on captain murphy from sealab) probably went over, but I’d need a 2nd opinion. I did commit major tresspass and tookt he captain’s gloves, but only because it completed the outfit and “I’m the real Captain, the other is a DOPPELGANGER”. I didn’t get items to protect myself or take actions using my “authority” to protect myself unless I was actually threatened. I think this was on LRP as well, and I did make some stupid “CAPTAIN MIKE MURPHY IS THE ONLY REAL CAPTAIN OF THE STATION AND ANY OTHER CAPTAINS ARE STUPID DOPPELGANGERS! HOW DO YOU LIKE THEM APPLES, FIG NUTS?” law, which could be considered self antag, but which was also entirely within character. Again, I’d need a 2nd opinion on that, and it’s been months since I’ve played the character, before when I knew all the rules.

thank you.

definitely

I probably should’ve worded that differently as “My ability to not get emotionally involved”, but that’s still good to know.

got it

seriously? I thought that was kind of basic. TIL.

Thank you.

nice

I’ve got a lot of the bartender recipes straight up memorized due to it being one of my first and my favorite jobs, As clown and mime I come up with great pranks and gimmicks with different gimmicks for each, as janitor I’m good at keeping the station clean, and as chap I’m great at doing the religious gimmick.
For example, as mime I might get a PROVE cartridge from the lawyer, put it in a different PDA, and create a fake persona based on whose PDA I stole to message everyone. As Clown I might pretend to be a news caster and use my clown access (basic departmental, if you give me aa you’re a fool who will get honked by the AI) to actively and annoyingly report on the happenings on the station with my 2 always on radios set to common and the AI channel which I call the “bubblegum channel”.

Taurus “Orion” Kuiper the ethereal or David Chipley the human

thanks

got it

that I can handle. I’m no stranger to the internet spotlight.

thank you.

Right. I was moreso talking to if someone wants to make MRP HRP or MRP LRP kind of thing. But I totally understand what you’re getting at.

definitely.

thanks, I really appreciate it. I was worried it wouldn’t pass the name check, but hey, “Is” is a verb, right?

that’s good.

I fully understand. One time as simple mob summoned by xeno I was told to protect my master and kill all the monkeys in xeno. I’d follow his word to the letter, but if I felt it would really mess with him, like if in a command he’d forget to say “don’t also kill me” I’d confirm it with him and THEN proceed. Or if a command was severely out of date I would ask for confirmation to keep following that command.

gotcha

What do you mean?

got it.

I was looking more at the impact it might have on the round, but if you say that’s not okay then it’s not okay

I wasn’t really sure of the maximum here, so…

Thank you.

Thanks again,

When I wrote this I wasn’t sure if notes were different than bans, as the notes and bans thing had the same header under “see your admin remarks”

of course.

I don’t think he had given himself AA but he definitely gave the other person AA.

Understood.

Thank you, I appreciate it.

not sure what this means, but ok

I can understand for the heads I guess, in case they die and their stuff gets stolen, but why not with the captain? Also, whenever I’ve made a fuss about, say, the hos arming up on blueshifts at the start of the round, I’ve always gotten told “He’s the HOS”, as in, He’s the HOS, he can do what he wants (in regards to sec and the guns). I assumed it was the same for the other departments, but apparently this is a bog, Nar’Sie sized NO. Could you please explain?

thank you.

Thank you. I also waited till yesterdays tomorrow to respond as it was pretty late at the time.

Gonna respond to the in between comments in a different comment to this, and then your other reply after.

1 Like

My god this thread just keeps getting longer and longer. Ill try and find time for it tomorrow but good lord.

1 Like

I’m getting asked that a lot.

I only applied for mentor because I assumed I’d need to for admin. Another admin thought I would make a good admin, so I applied for mentor first. Many people in the mentor thread pointed out I may not be the best fit for mentor, which I can see. But you don’t need to know everything about everything to be an admin. For example, some one of the admins I messaged doesn’t (or didn’t) know how to set up the SM, and another never applied for mentor but was accepted for admin.

I think the skills and knowledge required for admin and mentor are different, and that I fit admin better than I do mentor.

Also, I don’t think my mentor app was denied, just buried?

1 Like

would you mind adding in your role hours?
i know they are on your mentor app but just for the sake of conversation and perspective.

1 Like

Glad to hear it.

Thank you.

As I’ve said before, I’ll definitely have to play on LRP to get a feel for it. I’m not very familiar with how things play out there, and thus, how I would have to admin it.

haha, thanks.

ban. isntant ban. perma. no questions asked.

To actually answer the question:

Well first I look up to see if that’s actually a thing, and apparently it is.

LRP

That’s just self-defense, since the mime attacked first, especially if the mime attacked him with an electric guitar. While the regular/acoustic guitar is a medium, same category as the crowbar, the electric guitar is literally robust, same category as a sharpened chefs knife. I once robusted a Space Dragon with that thing. 4 smacks on the head with that is severe self antagging behavior (on any server) and I’d bwoink the mime as well, asking him why he attacked the clown.

On

MRP

If it was an acoustic guitar that would be over-escalation, and I’d tell him not to do it again. He should’ve gone to sec instead of fighting the guy himself. If it was the electric guitar, then It’s still self defense, and a BIIIIIG no on the mime’s part. I can see why if you’re suddenly super low on health, your first thought isn’t, “oh yes let me stop and type or run away in my slow and clumsy clown shoes” in that situation. I’d tell the clown to expect some IC consequences, and not to attack anyone or bait them into attacking you, but that it was fine.

And yes, even though there’s a no “real world people/popular ficitional characters” rule, pretty sure a 30,000 view youtube vid is excluded, and besides, he’s a clown. He can be a meme.

1 Like

ye give him admin and kill beestation

Sure. How did you get that animated profile pic?

1 Like

Wrong song, you’ve failed the vibe check. The song Violent Jay is a reference to https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7zwT-547Y80

Editing next question in now.

1 Like

Too much work to ai and admin. It’s REALLY hard.

It’s like admin squared. You gotta minimod as the ai, then you gotta actually be a mod.

1 Like

its a gif and I made it myself

1 Like