The final and ultimate xenomorph thread

the rounds with xenos would be much more interesting if more people followed SOP, especially with the Rounstart Xenobiology Egg. The relevant text from the wiki is as follows:

Extraterrestrial Takeover

• Prevent infection from spreading to Central Command.
  • Destroy all extraterrestrial sources on the Station.
  • Round up all forms of extraterrestrial lifeforms and contain or terminate them, do not terminate if there is a chance of containment.
  • If extraterrestrial forces cannot be defeated, arm and detonate the Nuclear Fission Explosive to ensure their suppression.

maybe we should try playing Xenos as intended before we go asking for changes.
Either way, OP does sound a little salty to me since there’s blatant hyperbole and no real constructive changes proposed. (except more midrounds which is always a good idea)
I personally don’t think Xenos need changes as OP says, I think that what really needs to be improved is crew RP when antags are involved.

2 Likes

Every time xenos spawn it should boot the entire server population to TGMC, but you spawn planetside in whatever department you were in at the time of booting.

1 Like

Someone, like the captain, HoS or RD, should be sat in the vault, atop the nuke’s column, eating a sandwich with the damn thing timed for 30 seconds or something and the disk loaded ready to send those xeno scum to kingdom come.

I remember when there was a round that I was playing as HoS, given the egg that round started with I considered a MAJOR security threat (it was) the moment I heard about it I had begun running my moth ass down to Sci, when not even HALF WAY THERE apparently the mime had gotten himself I presume purposely face hugged.

Needless to say containment procedures went down hill from there, I had talked with RD about him or somone staying there 24/7 to monitor the Creature while Engineering was supposedly intent on outfitting the cell with titanium walls.

To my knowledge, the 24/7 monitor was only barely effective and Engineering had been un able to impliment their titanium walls plan.

Que Xenos VS crew with a side of either Heretics or Tots, I don’t exactly remember.

(I was halfway ready to ZAP that egg, I wish I had.)

MFW I never receive nuke request (its part of SoP) from captain or someone with AA

It’s sad how inconsistency between players and admins has resulted in folks just not bothering to even try requesting the codes when Xenos show up.

I’m not properly aware of admin uptime, nor am I aware of the individual policy of admins regarding when to send nuke codes for xenos (or blobs), but I know that out of the many rounds of SS13 I’ve played, only 2 of them with Xenos has ended with the nuke going off for a bit of good ol’ MAD.

1 Like

Nobody ever asks for codes, if they do there’s often nobody online, if there is it’s often declined because they asked for codes at the first sight of a xeno (or the person online is a mod, mods can’t bus) instead of when the situation is actually fucked.

Discretion, but most if not all admins are going to be fairly cautious about when to do so since it’s entire purpose is to immediately end the round.

And yeah it is unfortunate how rarely they are requested. Hell I wish we’d get more CC messages to begin with, not just codes. Can’t say how many rounds I’ve seen where I’d have loved to send an ERT if one was requested.

1 Like

It’s a spiral. People want nuke codes or ERT, and no one is online, so they never get them, and stop requesting them, and then admins are online and can’t send because they aren’t requested.

5 Likes

Pretty much, yeah.

holy crap guys red dog

Out of curiosity what are some examples of things to message CC about (whether for SoP reasons or for extra fun reasons)

independence and the right to bear arms

I know what you’re talking about I watched it all as a scientist. A mime was farting on people and followed me into science, then into xeno and jumped into the pen, and disappeared or admin jailed. So we all watched it and it was given a monkey to implant. So later on rd wants it dead so plasma flood fire, doesn’t work hides in corner, refuses to evolve so I disappear to come back to an abductor stunning and kidnapping Ce, who is brainwashed to now help the xenos. They messed with apc then turned off the force field and released the xenomorph

2 Likes

should have slimed that thing to death man.

They tried and it kept killing the slimes lol

I as a head of security am now hyjacking the lead position of any Xeno-morph research if this is the shit that happens.

Also, this is a reminder to everyone.
DO NOT ALLOW THE “ENTERTAINERS” INTO WORKPLACES, LOOKING AT YOU ENGINEERING, SCI, SEC.

THESE GUYS FUCK SHIT UP MAJORLY.

If you want to counter xenos get, healing virus, nanites, as much stamina protection as possible (Riot suit, Sec jumpsuit, CNS rebooter, hulk) shield will stop benos from pouncing on you and stun them for a considerable time, Bola-ing benos is a strategy but it will only slow them down for a few seconds. If you get captured this is why you have the nanites and the virus, You can use the face hugger that is already used on you as face protection from the benos just imeediatly using another face hugger on you. Make sure to get head protection as fast as possible so your not fucking blind anymore.

I distinctly remember using solely botany healing and hulk to win a 1v4 against a queen while there were also other xenos trying to get me away, you don’t need a complex strategy.

Yea hulk and good melee protection AND nanites/healing virus just makes you immune more to benos

I can’t imagine seeing a botanyhealing hulk with virology and nanites, and riot gear and a shield as a xeno and watching them walk towards your queen menacingly while you can hardly touch them.

Oh yeah I remember that, you had meth and earthblood + mannitol plants with you I think. Came out of maints screaming “Cydia I just killed the xeno queen with my fists”