The end of an era

The time has come. The time to end an era…

Or, at least that’s what the title wants you to think. Let’s talk about (click)bait threads, “drama” threads, and all of the other massive “salt” threads that have been seasoning #general recently.

To put it bluntly. It’s terrible. It has dramatically reduced the overall quality of our humble board and made it inaccessible for most standard users. So, to combat this, we will be implementing the following policy changes:

• New (click)bait threads will be deleted as spam
  • Salt threads will be closed/hidden as serving no meaningful purpose
  • “Drama threads” that cannot maintain civil discourse will be closed
25 Likes

well that scared me

7 Likes

:muscle: :+1: :sunglasses:
thank you

3 Likes

Your choice of title legitimately scared me.

14 Likes

8 Likes

For real though, this is a good change and I am glad, will hopefully reduce work load for admemes in the long run

1 Like

May I request that such threads also be deleted and/or hidden when closed as such under the new rules? Getting rid of them completely will clean the board up better than just shutting them down imo.

3 Likes

Yes for salt threads, no for “drama” threads (although this may change). Bait threads are to be deleted, so, they’ll be gone anyways.

4 Likes

could this mean the end of the everburning bait thread

5 Likes

New

Nope

2 Likes

You’re either a mass debater or a master baiter

8 Likes

Sheesh what have you done Crossed

Screenshot 2022-07-11 182719

2 Likes

While it is an interesting change. This is like removing some spices from the forum. Just imagine eating fried eggs without salt.

1 Like

Alright if you’re gonna remove shitposts from general then at the very least open up a new channel for it. Call it a containment zone.

2 Likes

Not shitposts, drama threads written by people who barely play.

5 Likes

But I used to play. Everyday day and night. But Bee decided to stab my heart while I gave my heart to it. You do not know how painful it is.

Forums however is the last place where this soul of Bee exist. I cannot explain to you what it is but it is something I loved with passion. I guess I will have to say goodbye to that as well.

4 Likes

I was almost going to suggest a new category should be made for specifically for people to shitpost/bait on. That way people have an outlet for their shitposting on the fourms while not getting in the way of actually threads wanting to discuss a topic.
This works fine too but I am worried about how it’ll be enforced.

This worries me a little bit since any criticism could be considered a “Drama thread”. A thread that’s staying civil can be easily broke down by one individual and I wouldn’t want topics to be silence due to it being considered “drama”.

I only hope this doesn’t get abused in the future.

7 Likes

Crossed putting an end to bait threads by posting the ultimate bait thread

9 Likes

Oh if you only knew
tenor (19)

3 Likes