Ban Length:
Indefinite
Ban Date (YYYY/MM/DD/):
2022-06-21 19:12:24
Round ID:
Ban Reason:
“Reasonable refusal to get a different name for their character.”
Appeal Reason:
I have peacefully and respectfully complied with this appearance ban so as to appeal it immediately on the grounds that it is completely unreasonable and speaks to how overzealous and frankly unwarranted the In-Character Naming policies on Beestation are.
I am under the impression that these policies were put in place to encourage and maintain and environment in which roleplaying and in-character interaction could be had with the utmost ease.
While discussing how my IC Name (Fitz ‘Dave’ Sholl II) didn’t comply with these policies, it was mutually agreed upon that my nickname and suffix didn’t actually negatively impact any other players ability roleplay or otherwise stay in-character.
Much to the contrary, those parts of my in-character name are recognized by multiple people on this server. Not to mention that they’re critical aspects of MY character and their respective story within this game as a whole.
For context, ‘Dave’ was the nickname given to me by a Chief Medical Officer who caught me as a headspider and subsequently staged a riot to try and free me from my imminent execution.
The “II” is in reference to my character’s father, Fitz Sholl Sr., who I play as on TGMC in an effort to try and bridge the somewhat connected stories and lore on either server.
Getting back to the point, the quirks of my specific name did not and will not negatively impact the experience of other players.
I would argue that the policies that my IC name violates are unreasonable despite being created with the best of intentions, and should be revised or outright removed immediately.
Additional Information:
I am not budging on this issue and I am not abandoning a character I’ve put hundreds of hours into crafting a somewhat organic story for.

7 Likes

TL DR
That name does not fit the nameing policy
If you refuse to change into a name that does, this ban will stick.

If you can come up with a name you want to use instead AND THAT DOES fit the naming policy
then this can be lifted so you can use that name.

Nicknames do not go into your offical name and id
neither do royal stuffdoos like “the second” or “II”

3 posts were split to a new topic: Namepolcy salting thread

Right.
You didint provite an apropriate name, so random it is for you.

Feel free to make another appeal as soon as you come up with one.

Alright, I’ll comply with these dumbass naming RULES (they’re not guidelines if they’re gonna be enforced as rules) and go by “Fitz Sholl II”.

1 Like