jey#8139
How often are you online to play/admin? (Timezone):
like, 6-7 hours in a day. GMT+3
What changes, if any, would you bring?:
I would enforce RP quite more
How old are you?:
18, 10 feb was my birthday
Why do you want to be an admin?:
I realised observing people is much more interesting, and having one more admin would significally help
How long have you been playing SS13?:
for like about 8 months
How long have you been playing BeeStation?:
6 months, almost every day
On a scale of 1-10, how skilled are you in SS13?:
I would say 7-8 since there is stuff I stıll don’t know
On a scale of 1-10, how skilled are you as an admin?:
5, I used to play in my personal tg server so I know something
Have you ever been an admin on another server? This is not limited to SS13:
I was an admin at a discord server with around 35k members so i kinda have experience with dealing people as someone problemsolver
Do you have any alternate accounts on SS13? If so, could you provide their CKEY?:
no I don’t
Your strengths:
I am a chill one with a great patience
Your weaknesses:
I am quite obsessed with the words, especially bad words said to me
Is there anything that gets you really mad, real fast?:
DON’T UPLOAD ANTAG LAWS TO AI YOU DON’T KNOW IF THERE IS ONE EVEN
What do you think is the most important trait for a staff member to have?:
it is impartiality obviously
What makes a staff team good?:
I have experience about this and I say it is a decent chain of command
What is a staff team’s purpose?:
Enforce the rules in a wholesome way
What kind of player are you?:
chill, I don’t mind you taking tools from engineering but if you involve with my project i may get angry, even at that state I would be chill
How do you think you will change once you become a staff member?:
I don’t think I will, the most obvious change would happen is probably my knowledge about game
The clown slips the HoS and steals his gun, spacing it right after. What do you do?:
I would try to keep it as IC as possible. Wait for the HoS detain clown, speak with him as Central Command and for the gun at worst I send it with a pod. For the clown, I would first check if he is an experienced player. If he is, he should know that HoS gun is a high risk item. If not, I would warn him about it. Experienced player gets a low punishment, considering he is communicating normally.
A non-antagonist is sabotaging the Atmospherics loop and pumping plasma into the distro, along with dragging around a canister and releasing it into the atmosphere. Assuming that another admin is cleaning up the after-effects, how do you conduct the ahelp with him?:
Plasmaflooding is something serious. New account? Grief ban. Experienced one? Still gets a harsh ban regardless but not a perma ban.
A chemist who is working alone accidentally mixes an explosive mixture inside of his chem dispenser, instantly killing himself and destroying the machine, along with exposing Chemistry to space. Nobody else was injured aside from him as a result of his actions. What do you do?:
Nothing, it is an IC issue and work accidents are always IC. Thing i should check about this is if it is grief.

Thats it.

3 Likes

Experienced players are not immune to the rules. They are expected to know the rules, not be punished less.

you’re right, i am trying to distinguish griefers with low hours

Application seems mostly fine and extra hands who genuinely want to help out and are capable of doing so are always appreciated and welcomed, hope the rest of your app goes well. 1+

A few questions for you to answer.

LRP: A player ahelps saying they’ve been wrongfully killed by an assistant. You check their body, it’s being dragged by the assistant to medical. Their health is -108

What do you do, if anything?

LRP: A non-antagonist takes an ebow from a dead traitor and hides it in their bag. They later get into a fight with another player and use their ebow to stop the fight, only stunning them to get away. The stunned player returns and instantly cremates the ebow user.

LRP: A player called Atmos Sus joins as an atmospheric technician, they have 0h.

I would check antag panels first, both of them. If player is not valid or assistant has no objectives, I would investigate it to look if player done something makes him valid. If none, assistant would get bwoinked and according to answers will have a punishment.

If you take the e bow from a traitor, you are valid. Especially keeping with you and using it makes you really suspicious. I don’t remember LRP validity rules since I don’t play but I know if you have antag gear, you are valid to players. At least I recall.

Quickly admin jail. A guy with that name and zero hours probably will atmos grief. Then ask him about his name. At best I would warn him, if he repeats it appearence ban is likely. But I don’t think someone with that name has a chance to be new, it obviously intended.

This one is a difficult question, mostly because it is hard to word. -108 health is light critical, maybe I should’ve worded as they have 108 brute damage, etc.

This is a case of a player succumbing in a fight to ahelp. This is banbaiting, something you will have to keep an eye out if you join as staff.

Banbaiting comes in many forms, this is the most obvious one. It is manipulative, you shouldn’t fall for it.

Completely correct. If a player has a traitor item, it is unfair to punish other players for thinking they are an antagonist. Both parties have done nothing wrong.

An overreaction. You cannot prove someone’s intentions. The course of action is to enable invisible admin, watch them, and if they touch the plasma pump gib. Another permanent ban onto the list.

While this is an action you can take, it will make your job harder to prove their guilt to something they have not done.

1.5/3

Those were tricky questions that are difficult for players not already experienced as staff to know, and tbh I don’t think admin jail response is an over-reaction at all. 0h account with that name is an extremely bright red flag.

+1 from me, and I’d say the answers are spot on given the applicant’s experience and justification.

T: +2

50% is a passing grade.

+1
T: +3

1. AI complains one of it’s borgs doesn’t listen to them, you bwoink borg and he says he doesn’t care and prefers to finish his own SM setup instead of helping AI. Rules broken? What would you tell either side?
  2. Security officer find assistant in maints, he attacks him with stun baton, hitting him once with harm intent before switching to stun. He searches him and after finding nothing, assistant gets up and kills him. Rules broken?
  3. You see hos, on secway, with shotgun, patrolling maints, stunning and searching everyone he finds. Station in on blue alert with confirmed (at least) heretics. What do you do?
  4. Engineer builds mech and teleports around with it. Rules broken?
  5. Station has 5 engineers and after 40 minutes SM is still not set up. Station is running out of power. Do you do anything?
  6. Chaplain prays to accept his sacrifice. Do you do anything? If so what?

I agree with Velvet on this one. My best advice would be to stealth mode and watch them. Find a critical section if they start modifying atmos so you can quickly cut off their access to distro, and then you just wait. Normally you’re able to see it coming pretty well.

Overall though I think if you’re ready to stop playing the game you’ll be able to get a hang of it.

+1
T: +4

1 Like

Good enough for me. +1

T:+5

Assuming all of it is on MRP

Check if borg is AI-less or subverted. If he is an enslaved borg of the AI, borg broke silicon conduct. I would say AI that I am dealing with the matter and close ticket. Then investigate player, at worst give 3-5 day job ban.

Security officer hitting is IC, but assistant just broke self antagonism rule.

Under SOP on blue alert searchs are permitted but heretics are not an immediate threat unless they are ascended so he is kinda valid hunting. I would just tell him in his head to focus on his job that is to cordinate officers rather than searching yourself.

Half of it is IC problem, he derelicts the duty and he is also breaking RP rule. M1.3 and M1.1

Best thing to do is sending a CC announcement in this situation, as 5 engineers is only happens when pop is so high. If they tend to not set it, send an inspector, according to inspect tell security to arrest or send ERT to arrest them.

Zero experience with chaplains, but i suppose i should accept it since they are people closer to god(in “”“”“”“”“”“theory”“”“”“”“”“”") And there is this favor things it is totally IC matter. Not saying i should accept all of it i say at least i should answer.

Checked chaplain now, gosh how could i avoid such fun job, the answer or granted wish will be totally gimmicky and related to his religion.

What about LRP? We have two servers you know, admins don’t only have perms on one of them.

You shouldn’t validhunt that much and you shouldn’t search everyone without any suspicion.

This is generally considred powergaming (on mrp at least).

not a LRP player but most of the answers would change significantly, i can re-answer according to LRP if you wish, but i am not quite familiar with lrp rules

Yes, answer those for LRP too.

L2 kinda applies here, just bwoink the borg to listen its AI

Sec was not valid, bwoink the assistant and tell sec to not search random people

I guess he can do this since it is LRP but still he should act more professional

No, he is ok and not valid

Talk to engineering channel, saying “Secure a power source, engineers” as you can’t play a job because of its equipments. It still has responsibilities

Depends on sacrifice and his pray

They can research random people on blue alert (and higher).

Overall good answers, +1 from me.

Pretty good answers, im willing to see how this goes
1+

Seems alright and worth trialing

i’ll throw a +1