Tera Guy character ban

CKEY: Dultrabox

Admin’s CKEY: rkvothe14

Ban Type: appearance

Ban Length: Perma

Ban Date (YYYY/MM/DD/): 2022 8 10

Round ID: 39819

Ban Reason: Named “Tera Dude” after being asked to change their name twice. DC’d while on ticket.

Appeal Reason: I changed my last name to Guy

If you want this appeal to be processed you will need to follow our format for ban appeals.

Here’s the format. You can edit your post by clicking the three little dots on the bottom right of your post and then press the pencil icon.

<!--This is the name of your thread. Copy-paste it to the title field above, delete the text here, and edit as appropriate. -->
Title: [CKEY] banned by [Admin's CKEY]

**CKEY:**
<!--REPLACEME-->
**Admin's CKEY:**
<!--REPLACEME-->
**Ban Type:**
<!--REPLACEME-->
**Ban Length:**
<!--REPLACEME-->
**Ban Date (YYYY/MM/DD/):**
<!--REPLACEME-->
**Round ID:**
<!--REPLACEME-->
**Ban Reason:**
<!--REPLACEME-->
**Appeal Reason:**
<!--REPLACEME-->
**Additional Information:**
<!--REPLACEME-->```

I’ve made the edit. I don’t know where to find my ban info however.

Top right of the page:

I found it, thanks. Now about being unbanned

I don’t think that ‘Terra Guy’ really fits too well as a name either. Come up with a slightly more grounded human name and I’d be fine lifting the ban.

Guy is a real name that real people have

Guy (given name) - Wikipedia

(Edit to link the surnames)
Guy (surname) - Wikipedia

Whether or not the name exists in real life isn’t relevant to it’s usage here. I don’t think the name is generic enough to follow this part of our human naming guidelines: “Normal human names, the kind that won’t raise an eyebrow if you chose to name your child”. I’m asking for additional input from other staff, but I don’t think the name will work in my opinion.

1 Like

So using a real human name isn’t normal enough for the server? If that is the case, could I please get a list of approved named as normal is subjective to culture and clearly needs to be better defined.

You’re clearly just trying to “um, actually…” your way into continuing to be “Tera Dude”.

6 Likes

No, I cannot provide you with a list of every single name that we would accept. That’s obviously an unreasonable request. One of the main issues with ‘Tera Guy’ in this case is that your previous name which got you banned was ‘Tera Dude’. You’re right that what’s “Normal” is subjective and is up to admin discretion - which is why I sought out additional input, which happened to not be in your favor I’m afraid. Please pick a ‘normal’ sounding human name that’s different from your previous name.

That’s what I am trying to do. However you refuse to elaborate on what is normal and I refuse to play a blind guessing game. A list of every name is the extreme on my part, however if you refuse to expand on what is and is not normal that is the only way I will be able to make the most informed decision I can. If you wish to see improvement I will more constructive criticism then just “Pick a normal name”

correct, that is called compromise. I was told Dude was not a real last name so I found a similar real last name. Seeing as how poorly defined the rule is asking for clarification and clear limits on what is and isn’t ok beyond just “different” will help me avoid this situation in the future if I choose to make a new character.

How about listing three or so names you like? that would speed up the process.
The problem with terra guy/dude is obvious, but if it needs to be spelled out:

Terra - An alternate name for Earth
Dude/guy - both synonyms of each other

Terra guy - A person from Earth. It’s not exactly inspired is it?

More importantly is calls into question your motivation for playing bee, and if you truly want to make, and player a fleshed out character.

5 Likes

I am not an admin or something like that, just a regular user. So take this with a grain of salt.

Gay Bowser is a real name, but would any sane person name their child that? Additonally, I’ve heard of a persons name being Z and absolutely nothing else. Z is their entire full legal name. If everyone had abured names like these it would look like a psychward for weird names. Point being, use a more generic name and don’t try to be weirdly unique for the sake of being unique.

Ask your friends and family for a unique, but normal name. You don’t need John, Stacy or other awfully generic names. Not there is any shame in having those.

As a person that grew up in a small space colony of about 100 people he received his grandfathers name as per tradition as he had just passed away. The name was originally taken as a keep’s sake to remember where we all come from and is passed down from the generation least we forget. The community was small and basically 1 large family which rarely had visits from outsiders and people leaving. However Terra wanted to see more of the universe as he was natural inquisitive and took up centcom on a labor contract, where they would provide him with the foundations to work in the sci department in exchange for him working there. He opted to go to space station 13 because it reminded him of home and gave him the option to travel. When he applied for the application the receptionist ask for his full name after he just said Terra. So he clarified “It’s just Terra, dude.” The receptionist put down Terra Dude because he needed two names and never got it changed due his dislike of paperwork. I have played several servers with this character and back story and even HRP servers had no problem with my back story. The character has been plenty fleshed out as I have played him from years with no problem until now.

1 Like

Because it’s not really something that can be explained on a macro scale, it’s on a per name basis when it comes to Human names. You’re welcome to hop ingame and take a look around at what sort of names other players are using. A couple of them might not be valid, but most of them will be.

You’ve been asked to come up with and propose a new name besides ‘Tera Guy’ or ‘Tera Dude’ and you have made no effort to do so. I can help give further insight if your provided name doesn’t fit.

This appeal will be accepted when you provide a new, acceptable human name. I’ve set this thread to close in 5 days otherwise. I’m not interested in continuing this if you’re unwilling to put any effort into coming up with another name.

1 Like

Wolff, Diver, Radar, Gayle, Oktba, Chichurger, Mikakee are all human names in one round that I spotted (about 30 players in that round not all human). Dude and Guy would seem to fit in pretty well in that lineup.

New name submission: Terra Dudley (35781 people in the USA are named this vs the 28852 people named Guy making it more generic (as per namecensus.com))

1 Like

Fine by me, just remember to change your name ingame.

Appeal accepted.