Teleporting in the AI chamber should not be allowed

it’s rare yet very exploitable. a jump pad/clock cult/abductors can instantly end the AI
one may very esaly teleport in and instantly card the AI. turrets and pinsky be damed
the telepad can even be used to teleport an EMP infront of the ai’s face then jump in himself and that’s the AI’s round for that shift.

thus far it has only happened 3 times to me but im sure if more traitors/pranksters figure this out it will be a nightmare

• once the science team teleported me in sci as a prank didnt even see it comming
  • once i got killed 15 minutes into the round by a creative scientist with a jump pad an an EMP
  • and most recently i got insta carded by abductor having only 5-10 seconds to call my sec borg to save me (spoilers he didnt)

the grav gen is already protected from such actions. and it is a far less important target than the AI

1 Like

The grav gen is protected from his because it’s a key component of the station that affects everyone when downed, while not being related to antagonist objectives. The AI, meanwhile, is often an antag target.

that’s not really the point here the problem is that this tactic in particular is extremly powerfull more powefull than uploading law 0 kill yourself. then at least RD can fix you back up.
this on the other hand is a free ticket to insta kill/yoink the AI.
and the worst part is that the ai can’t even do anything about it

step 1 traitor/abductor/cultist gets this idea
step 2

• clock cult/abductors jump in giving the AI just 5 second warning
  • traitors get jump pad (not that hard thing to get it’s even a traitor item) hop in kill the AI (maybe throw an EMP beforehand)

and boom AI is forever gone it didnt see it coming it had no way to defend itself what so ever
a cheap and for some traitors free “press here to kill/yoink the AI” button

the only reason it’s not a major issue and not patched thus far is because few think of this trick
but when they do it’s game over you can’t do shit to save yourself you don’t even know that you are done for until it happends.

im pretty sure cultists cant actually jump into the sat. Something about bluespace interference.
They can jump outside of it, yeah, but then that’s just a normal sat siege

the ones i for sure know can are

• jump pads
  • abductors
  • bloodcultist constructs (but that one can be counteracted with holywater and is why i havent mentioned it)

correct me if I’m wrong but I don’t think abductors are supposed to do this in the first place

They’re allowed to “if the AI is a threat” to them, which I find infuriating.

Imagine a malf AI getting round ended by an abductor spawning on their core.

5 Likes

Indeed, I once briefcase launchpad’d a syndicate minibomb right in front of the AI from space outside and BAM, that was the end of them.

1 Like

maybe just make it so its not possible to teleport on core or tile next to it

It’s not teleporting into the chamber, since there are still lasers and some minor barriers to the AI itself.

The issue is spawning directly on the same tile the AI is on, which there is no counter to.

the counter to that is putting pingsky on your tile. the only reason that wouldn’t work is if another ally were to then warp in, and detonate a meth nade.

1 Like

no they can just teleport an EMP or a bomb in your face. also pingsky takes a bit of time to turn on and if they plan to card you they tend to spam the shit out of the card carding you instantly.

That’s what I mean. I’ve teleported myself in a few times too, you can get right on top of the AI or just in front of it (where you are shielded from lasers). Afraid of beepsky? Use the “pull” feature to get him out, then go in. Launchpads are the most fun shit.

You can stop abductors if you cut the cams, but then of course you cannot see

2 Likes