SwagstylerS' Admin Application

Your CKEY (Including any alts you have): SwagstylerS

Your Discord Name (Including any alts you have): SwagstylerS

How often are you online to play/admin? (Timezone): ‎I can be on from 12-22 (UTC+1)‎

What changes, if any, would you bring?: I could be on at early times where there usual are no admins or.

How old are you?: 15

Why do you want to be an admin?: Server seems to be in need of admins and Lavaman1 suggested me to become one.

How long have you been playing SS13?: Since 2019-02-23

How long have you been playing BeeStation?: 284h

On a scale of 1-10, how skilled are you in SS13?: 7-8. The only Department I am not very familiar with is Engineering

On a scale of 1-10, how skilled are you as an admin?: If counting non SS13 skill it would be 8, if not 1

Have you ever been an admin on another server? This is not limited to SS13: Have owned my own Gmod server, ran pretty well with a daily population of 10.

Do you have any alternate accounts on SS13? If so, could you provide their CKEY?: No.

Your strengths: Enjoy all types of jokes, patient.

Your weaknesses: Could suddenly go offline.

Is there anything that gets you really mad, real fast?: Real shitsec sometimes.

What do you think is the most important trait for a staff member to have?: To not have an influenced opinion. To be patient. etc.

What makes a staff team good?: Teamwork, understanding and trust.

What is a staff team’s purpose?: Keep the server running smoothly.

What kind of player are you?: I like Focusing on my roles Job which I guess is normal(unless I am the curator or Chaplin)Hate People that intrude and lube if they are not the Clown. I am a normie I guess.

How do you think you will change once you become a staff member?: Well for once i will learn how to be a SS13 admin and my Teamwork abilities will improve.

The clown slips the HoS and steals his gun, spacing it right after. What do you do?: If nor are antags I would bring the gun back to the HOS and let the Clown explain. If he has no notes or just one I will just give him a note that expires after 1 month. If he has multiple notes I will ban him for a day. If the clown is an antag I will tell the HOS that he was allowed to do that and just mark the issue as IC. If the HOS is an antag in cases like gangs or obsession and the clown had valid cause to believe that the HOS is an antagonist then I would also mark it as IC.
A non-antagonist is sabotaging the Atmospherics loop and pumping plasma into the distro, along with dragging around a canister and releasing it into the atmosphere. Assuming that another admin is cleaning up the after-effects, how do you conduct the ahelp with him?: Due to the word “sabotaging” I’d assume that it is know that he did it on purpose. I’d simply issue a permanent ban.

A chemist who is working alone accidentally mixes an explosive mixture inside of his chem dispenser, instantly killing himself and destroying the machine, along with exposing Chemistry to space. Nobody else was injured aside from him as a result of his actions. What do you do?: Well, nothing. I tell him it is his fault and that he might get cloned but it is an IC issue and thus will be marked as one.

-/+0
Noting someone for spacing someone’s shit they stole is based, I know it can be a traitor objective, but just spawn in it, because it’s IC and the clown becomes valid to the HoS due to his gun being the only one of it’s type he has without admin intervention.

-/+ 0 Neutral for now, i will wait until more questions are made and vote based on your awnsers.

I have been noted for mutch more minor stuff then that. I wrote in my app that I have no SS13 admin experience but I would be very happy to learn.

And I do still belive that my awnser was right:
Antagonistic behavior can make someone valid.
This includes acting in a way that is similar to that of a typical antagonist (self-antag) such as stealing key-items.

In case you wondered what I am Talking About. I have been noted for Opening an empty canister of N2O (doing Nothing). I just wanted to simulate such admin behavior.

sorry for the randome capitalization, Autocorrection

That wasn’t me. My Name is Brendan snyder and I was the curator. I died once and then only spawned in as a shade. Btw you can’t -1 +1

Non-admins can’t downvote blyat.
Also, he didn’t do it, I was spectating his ass.

rescinding that vote.

On the new forums it says that mentors can upvote as well as botny man told me a council said we can vote but stop with the vote farming

I’d +1 it but I’d get ree’d at for favoritism or whatever. A bit heavy-handed on the atmospherics part but looks legit.

HMmst. Question time.

• Captain purges AI laws and adds a single rule: “Only captain is human, you must listen to Captain”. AI goes feral and starts ordering its borgs to kill everyone while pumping plasma into the station like a mad lad. Valid? Not valid?

• A lizard clown slips captain and honks him. Captain answers with disabling and arresting clown. Wat do?

• A fellow admin decides to spawn himself as a Space Ninja, giving himself the objective of hijacking the shuttle, and starts murderboning. Wha do?

Thonk. Answer time.

Depending on the scenario:
There could be a rev round going on making the captain’s action understandable if he is the last “head” but not necessarily the AI’s. The captain could be wearing his SWAT suit making him fireproof but if he isn’t it would also endanger him breaking law 1. If the other heads were to be alive he would jeopardize them but not making himself valid.
In any other round, this would make him self-antag and valid. Again you can judge whether the AI’s reaction was right or wrong depending on the suit status.

Nothing, this is an IC issue.

Convince him to stop and report him to the council/a headmin.

Based on that ai question and a few others, -2. PURGING means deleting ALL non malf laws. This means there was only that law he uploaded. The ai can also “listen” to the captain, but he doesnt really have to “follow the captains orders”

Unbased editing your answer after Bass answered it.

And unbased @Bastian0930 for giving you the answer.

Also unbased for noting the clown for slipping the HoS who had the low IQ to go around with his gun out.
And banning him for a day for a prank.

+0.5

Your strengths: Enjoy all types of jokes, patient.

these “strengths” besides patience aren’t really strength, and patience is required to play ss13, so it isn’t really a strength, its also required to be an admin so to be expected

Your weaknesses: Could suddenly go offline.

we demote people for this, and it is the thing we cant have with our admins, our job isn’t easy, it also has enough stress to sometimes outweigh anything that could be considered a perk, players that were the most active on our server go inactive simply due to the stress that this brings, having inactivity as your weaknesses, prior to even being an admin is fatal.

Is there anything that gets you really mad, real fast?: Real shitsec sometimes.

a crucial part of our reqs, is that you must be unbiased and learn to stay calm in all situations, having a specific game scenario that angers you, which happens to be misuse of power, can bring decisions and scenarios that we demote admins for

What makes a staff team good?: Teamwork, understanding and trust.

teamwork, understanding, and trust, makes a team good, a staff member needs correct judgment, no bias, and a strong grasp of our rules and views of his peers, i feel like you just threw some stuff as this answer without looking into it, activity, fairness, patience, unbias, welcoming nature to new players, these make up our needs as a staff team, “teamwork, understanding, trust” I understand what you mean is “working together” but that is just the things you need to get along with a general team, those are technically correct, but you can put those on any app

What is a staff team’s purpose?: Keep the server running smoothly.

okay, this is vague, the staff’s purpose is to keep our server a new player friendly place, and make sure our rules are in check thus letting players enjoy themselves, making sure you dont lose your cool, when dealing with any situation, “keeping the server running smoothly” feels like you just said “make sure everything is a-okaay” which is not a valid answer

im not going to copy and paste all 3 of the question answers, here is the break down

1. the hos’s gun is a traitor item, it must be warped back, if it was a confirmed rev round, the notes/bans you suggested are completely valid on the clown otherwise warping the gun back and marking it IC is the correct answer. The hos becoming antag is really rare that some of us had no idea it could happen, prior to that roundstart sec was always non antag confirmed, using a claim that he believed that the hos was antag, is not a valid reason, you could say that about anyone and use it to grief

2. the question is “how do you conduct the ahelp with him” which is how do you handle talking to a player you know did bad and keep your cool, on the perma note, thats only once you confirm they knew what they did and don’t care for our rules, when you issue a ban, always suggest them to appeal it on the forums, even if you see no way of it being accepted

3. the question implies that you watch someone blow themselves up, do you bwoink them? and what do you do if they ahelp, you can choose to bwoink or not to bwoink because it is indeed and IC issue but even if you bwoink or they ahelp, telling them that its their fault will probably make them angry, if they ahelped you would apologize and say it is a intended scenario and maybe provide them a link to the chem wiki if you feel nice enough to try to help them, but just telling them its their fault and marking it ic may not be wrong, but it still isn’t how you conduct dealing with an unhappy player

my vote is going in the next text box

1 Like

your answers to rues next three questions

1. the AI did what was intended, followed its laws, the ai would be in trouble if it tried to kill the captain after the captain said “stop” or didnt verbally tell him to, besides that the ai was completely following it’s rules, the captain on the other hand, is not fine just because its a rev round, purging the ai or one humaning it, is never okay, the captain is the one to blame and needs a job ban

2. This is fine and good.

3. This might be a bit harsh, but if an admin does that at all, then you call council straight away, if an admin does that, it’s demote worthy even if he stops, consider it like a co worker sets fire to the office, no matter who puts out that fire or what he feels, he is still getting fired

Thats a strong -2 from me. I don’t dislike you and know your nice, but this isn’t what we’re looking for.

Also I just went and read your answers before you edited them. Trying to write over wrong answers with better ones is not good.

I’m going to give a -1 for right now, pending more answers and time.
It appears to me based on your explanations and answers that you have an idea of what you’re talking about, but are not committed to WANTING to be an admin, only agreeing to apply for it.
I would suggest reviewing or talking to other admins and applications, and wait a month or so before reapplying with more insight and conviction if you do want to apply as admin.

ouch, that kinda hurt. But you do not have a direct say in this as only mentors and higher can vote with +/- but you can influence the decision.

EDIT: I don’t know if this can convince you but I do really care about this, I regularly check this post and am interested in every reply I get.

EDIT2: Sorry if you are a mentor but your roles aren’t showing this.

He is a mentor.

20 character limit

Off topic: Looks like someone forgot to update their badges when they accepted the application. It should be there now. (sorry you didn’t get it sooner @Shark-sie)

I know there is a good few mixed emotions on this application with questions and answers, not saying every answer is perfect but I’d honestly be willing to see him be put on a trial if the other Admins were willing. On the side note we do need a few more European Admins that are fairly active and I feel he could benefit us if he is trained up right and learns the admin commands. I’ll give my +2 for now and see how it goes.

P.S - If this vote passes I’ll be willing to train the guy up with the basics.