ro5490
Ban Type:
server/job ban
Ban Length:
4 days for server ban, a month for job (sci department) ban
Ban Date (YYYY/MM/DD/):

Round ID:
Ban Reason:
Powergaming, Self-Antag, You must Roleplay. As a non-antag Explorer, used contraband found in their missions against their head of staff while resisting demotion, resulting in the RD being spaced with multiple gunshot wounds from 9mm-AP rounds. Then proceeded to declare independance from NT while departing from the station for the rest of the round with the Science Shuttle. – This is the result of a player report - INS-125 Player Report
Appeal Reason:
Unreasonable length
Additional Information:
First off, and most importantly: during this round I was attempting to follow the escalation policy (and was constantly attempting to de-escalate via “declaring independence,” basically my way of saying I didn’t want things to go any further. In addition, this is my first ban, so the length seems a bit overkill for a situation in which I was attempting to follow the rules as best as I understood them. From my view, I was the defender in this particular situation, and was thus allowed to escalate one step more than the aggressor. I only shot the RD after he used nonlethals, the step-up from which is lethals (And thus ok to do).

Now, the method/extent I went to is probably too much, but I was trying quite hard to stay within the rules, attempting to rp but still not get demoted (I would’ve just cryoed, I wasn’t in the right mindset to enjoy assistant)

To keep this from getting too long, I feel as though a decently lengthy ban is unwarranted for a first ban, and for a situation in which I was really trying to be considerate and stay in the rules.
Lastly, I feel as though the ban description makes it seem I was nrp or just tiding, which would put me at a disadvantage for future admin interactions.

Like I said in the report, I have nothing to do with this and Again posting the rules from the wiki. I recommend reading the last Four words “Expect to be executed”

I won’t be posting any further

2 Likes

Key points from policies and rules you should consider while waiting for admin.

Due to declaring yourself treasonous (independent) + your boss effectively communicating your demotion

3 Likes

Thank you, this is important information

After some consideration I’ll bump the server ban down by 2 days (From 5 to 3) (Expires 2024-02-01 20:49:11), and the role ban by roughly a week (from 3 weeks down to 2 weeks) (Expires 2024-02-12 20:48:22) as I believe you see the issues here after reading over the comment left by ruko highlighting the main points, also It was probably a bit too lenghty of a ban overall as it was your first.

Please try to keep the lessons learned here in mind for the future, thank you.

Appeal Accepted