[Suggestion] Give players a way not having to play certain group antags

Some group antags can not be completely disabled, for example Revolutionary. This may be fine for a lot of people, but some people really can not be bothered playing an hour of a role they do not enjoy at all, so they have to message the admins to give the role to ghosts.

Is it maybe possible to automize this procedure? People that really can not be bothered playing a role could for example after being flashed/converted automatically be opened up for ghosts and until a ghost takes over the body they play along.

Well this doesn’t sound that bad, but also being converted is a part of the game.

It’s better to have someone willing to play as a cultist than a SSD person who left the game when they were converted.

I believe this can happen if you’re banned from that conversion antags, you can always ask.

1 Like

Pretty much, but this sounds like a very inefficient way of doing it, especially on high pop when rounds are very busy. It is just unnecessary busywork that could be smoothed out easily.

That is my philosophy as well. You can not really force a player to play something he does not enjoy in his free time enthusiastically. They either do what they want , go SSD or ask for an admin to give the role away. Theoretically you could threaten them with punishment as well of course, but that is a very unelegant, brute force way of doing things.

Yeah but I don’t think there is a way to make it better.

Ive had this happen as head rev where I converted someone and they basically just said “Nah. I cant be bothered.”

Which is fine. Because for every useless casual that just gives up theres a super cool mime who will eagerly bring me the severed head of the Head of Security, and then deep fry and eat it even though I didnt ask them to do that.

Ask to be banned from the conversion antag, it’ll remove you from your body.

No other option is acceptable or going to happen as it would result in free immunity to an antag.

Perhaps a preference could be added to allow you to set this ghosting behavior without requesting a ban.

Or you know, just play instead.
I do not understand the hate for conversion antags, please, elaborate.

1 Like

Can we talk about how deconverted antags go ssd?

Taking the example of revs here, it seems to be fine as is to me currently.

I sometimes wish to work on my cool project I wanted to do instead of haha funny click on the captain man.
Sometimes I get roundstart flashed and converted.
This does not mean I am going to stop having my fun and arm up and try to murder anyone who hasn’t been converted.

However I will now also not stop my fun to help out security when I see them arresting someone, as I normally would. A lot of bad shit for the station I will now let fly as well, as long as it doesn’t hurt me and my project. If I see a headrev getting detained next to me I would probably help but I won’t go looking to join in. I’m here to have fun.

Just because you are now an antag doesn’t mean you have to stop enjoying the game. I’ve given up my own antag rounds before, and seen others do so, for many reasons, like helping teach people or just plain RP and have fun.

1 Like

Yeah if I’m a headrev getting killed and I see you refusing to help me or follow my orders, as a rev I converted, I’d ahelp you.

You’ve been converted, go, act like a rev; or if you want to work on your project, make sure it’s stuff to help out the revolution, and you take the initiative to make it yourself, not use the excuse “no1 asked ;(”
Thank you.

4 Likes

how about just stop FUCKING banning people for not wanting to play a shitty group antag they have no choice in?

Yeah okay the group antag won’t work if everyone bails, but not everyone bails, just let the few people who ain’t in the damn mood for it do something else for the next 40 minutes without jumping down their throat about failrp

1 Like

Every person converted by a head rev or a cult matters. Especially when security is actively hunting you guys down. Your supposed to work together not just go back to your department and act like nothing ever happened. I’ve had people who I converted as cult just go ssd or commit suicide just because they didn’t want to play it which led to there not being enough cult members fighting in the inevitable security siege on the cult base.

1 Like

which is why a smooth transitioning system would be very useful. Realistically speaking, not everyone wants to be a rev or a cultist and if you can not disable a role in the setting you should at least be able to ghost out asap once a replacement has been found.

I agree. Infact I think that’s what happens when your banned. I was just pissed at Michiru’s post.

1 Like

It’s almost like it’s a terrible game mode in a decade-old atmospherics simulation that needs to be reworked

Opting into bans for conversion antagonists is the best way to make conversion rounds continue to flow if you dislike them.

I would like to say I somewhat disagree with @Aeder here as well - While it’s particularly good for appearances to continue mostly acting like nothing happened, you should definitely switch gears and help your team whenever possible. Personal projects should stop unless they can be used to further the team’s goal in a direct and tangible way, or at the very least you are trying to maintain cover until a better oppotunity to help arises.

Definitely don’t blow off the conversion and act almost like it didn’t happen - ahelp if you have no interest in helping the team at all. If an admin has to step in and ban you, it’s going to be from all antags or potentially the server as a whole, not just the antags you don’t want to take part in.

This could be solved if we just had a “offer body to ghosts” verb

3 Likes

This should just be attached to the ghost verb tbh. It still doesn’t guarantee someone is willing and available to take the body though and admins would likely still expect to be notified.

Stop, please.
It isn’t every time that a ghost is available.