Suggestion: A terrible map for terrible people (golden players)

Ive considered making this myself but Im shit at mapping and storage is a big issue for me. Map is supposed to be sort of like an aircraft carrier, space is at a premium. Designed for golden, not sage. Hopefully will never BE on sage.

The map would have 1 width hallways to cause as little travel as possible. Departments that need each other are linked close together, like cargo, science, and medbay being close together. Essentially the map is compact as possible for golden’s small population.

Features:

• Very Few tables. Mostly crates and lockers.
  • Rooms are as small as possible. Chemistry would most likely be around 5x3, a standard cell 2x2, the armory 4x4 at most. Everything is compact as possible.
  • This gives certain antags like changlings that normally don’t get to use their full forms to go batshit wild.
  • Close walls contain bombs and other explosions.
  • Some areas will have to be cut. Namely, some head offices (like QM and RD) and the SM room, it will use an alternate power source.
  • Your sanity will be removed.

Add more features below if you want to. If this gets enough attention I might learn to map and actually make it.

1 Like

this is kinda not that similar but i had an idea for a map where the only way to get to a certain department would be a transit tube. there would’ve been a central terminal (like grand central terminal in nyc) with tubes leading to and from each individual department. departments like sec, command, medbay, the bar, kitchen, and botany would be at the central terminal, while the rest of the departments (and everything else) would exist separately, only connected to the main station (central terminal) by 3 or 4 tubes.

reason i like your map, and why i brought my map idea up, is bc i think the idea of a map that dramatically shifts gameplay strategy is a great way to implement variety.

but yea obviously no ones gonna make my map idea, i’d have to do it yada yada

adding on for the record: i think each department station would have a medbay outpost and a sec outpost in their lobby, along with a space dock w publicly available eva suits in case the tubes get bombed or otherwise destroyed. there would also be a space dock on each side of the central station too.

I feel like engi would just replace these tubes with a corridor

1 Like

ok so i’ll just kill myself now

Or better yet, have there be a SM engine and its smack dab in the middle of the station with corridors runing beside it and no shielding or safety gaps so that everyone has to walk by it to get anywhere else in the station and everyone is constantly irradiated and hallucinating.

Oh and the SM has atmos hololocks instead of walls to hold gas in and you have to dodge emmiter beams while walking through corridors.

2 Likes

every room will have the borg and drone consoles

better yet: the SM is in the center, but the emitters are all at the edges of the station. reflectors are scattered throughout the station to focus the beams. no matter where you are, you must prepare to dodge.

2 Likes

also what happens if you replace a standard emitter firing into the SM with a particle rifle?

Having a lowpop map that is on a shuttle would be cool, similar to the one tg had.

1 Like

You’ve boiled Ministation down to it’s essence.

Give me an hour.

4 Likes

It has been an hour.

Oh and the SM has atmos hololocks instead of walls to hold gas in and you have to dodge emmiter beams while walking through corridors.

Yeah that sounds pretty fun actually other than the irradiation part. When I make the map I’ll add a central SM and emmiter beams. Departments will be disconnected and divided into “islands” like charlie station has it.

Ministation is far safer than what this map is going to be. After some caffeine intense dietary choices today I’m not going to sleep for a while, I will begin learning how to map.

I will also once again stress that this will if used at all most likely be a Golden Map, for 20 players. If this is used on sage, or if it is used as a map at all, then I think the mods may have a massive fucking bolt loose, if you get what I mean. I’m making this for fun.

I have a basic plan ready but the image is too big. DM me if you want.
Sadly radiation hallways and map wide enmitiers are not a feature

Edit: NEVERMIND, FUCK THIS! What the fuck kind of shitty 2001 shit is this? Nothing works, its so confusing. How do you guys code this?

I’ll try this in the morning. Ffs.

Blob’s Nightmare ឵឵ ឵឵ ឵឵ ឵឵ ឵឵ ឵឵ ឵឵ ឵឵ ឵឵ ឵឵

1 Like

try using strongdmm, it’s better

1 Like

I get an issue where if I change something, a couple of apc’s in unrelated areas change. It’s tedious to change back

In that case leave adding the APCs until last?

having a shit meme station that only goes on when under 10 pop would unironically encourage people to join; to see the shitfest of the shitstation

1 Like