Subdermal Armor Surgeries

Disclaimer: All numbers are pending tweaking before I start workin
So people complain about MD’s not having shit to do.
The idea will be to provide them powerful buffs to hand out without being meta centralising
The first part of this idea is subdermal armor, a damage type specific armor, implanted with surgery, to bolster the defences of any given carbon at the cost of materials.
YOU CANNOT HAVE MORE THAN ONE SUBDERMAL ARMOR AT A TIME, AND THE PREVIOUS ONE MUST BE REMOVED TO GAIN A NEW ONE
This will add:
A new tech node: Syndicate Surgery, locked behind advanced surgery and illegal tech
Two new traitor items: Subdermal Armor Implanter (Brute) and Subdermal Armor Implanter (Burn), for 8-16tc, whatever’s balanced.
and the main feature:
Eight new surgeries all following one fomula
Target Chest: Scalpel, Retractor, Hemostat, Bonesaw, Scalpel, Hemostat, Material or Hemostat, Cautery
(The optional hemostat or material will be to implant the armors or remove an existing one.
The surgeries:
Basic Subdermal Armor (Unlocked at roundstart)
Requires two iron or glass as the material, and provides a 5% brute or burn resistance, depending on the material. This will be the basic armor, scraped together in maint or handed out en masse during war ops. For the rank and file, you should expect anyone moderately prepared to have this
Advanced Subdermal Armor (Unlocked with Advanced Surgery)
Requires two plasteel or reinforced glass, providing 10%. This is the elite’s armor, and the strongest available roundstart. Brig phys will probably rush it for sec, creating an opening near shiftstart to murc a normally quite sheltered role, for an eager traitor or cultist to take advantage of.
Experimental Subdermal Armor (Unlocked with experimental surgery)
Two titanium, or titanium glass. 15% damage resist, only avaliable if mining is nice. This would most often be found on forces to be reckoned with, like lategame sec, stealthy antags, some incursion teams, and lategame heads of staff.
And now the fun part
Syndicate Subdermal Armor (Unlocked with new node, Syndicate Surgery)
Requires two Plastitanium, or Plastitanium Glass, and providing a terrifying 20% brute or burn damage resist, this is the peak of subdermal armor. All syndicate operatives gain access to an 8-16tc item that implants this armor into them, giving them the effect of the surgery. Most commonly found on greenshift security or war ops operatives, you should be VERY prepared to fight someone with this amount of damage resistance.
Repeated disclaimer: All numbers are pending tweaking before I start workin

3 Likes

So it works like augumentation (sort of) and offers % increase in stats.

I don’t know; doesn’t seem that unique to me…

it’s not really meant to be anything REVOLUTIONARY, it’s sort of meant to be less extreme augs that some maint dweller or a medical doctor can do. The idea of this came from
“How do we make MD actually useful for things OUTSIDE of healing, since i personally dislike the idea of a medicince rework for reasons i will not explain here”
And the best idea i had was tiered buffs that you don’t need an exosuit fab to hand out.

1 Like

fuck my life, dude, use paragraph breaks

like wisakedjak said, this is pretty much just augmentation. worse, it can be done in conjunction with augmentation, meaning that you can stack even more armor on top of security jumpsuit-armor exosuit-augmentation combos for even more powergame.

definitely like the idea of a traitor item that gives you secret armor though

2 Likes

Or you could buff implants and remove autodoc.

The main reason medbay is boring is because, once cloning and autodoc are efficient, it enters auto-mode and doctors just sit around watching people get implants.

Viro has also something to do with it. It’s so overbuffed, with the healing floor and regen coma, you basically never need to drop by medbay. Add sensory regeneration and some buffs from nanites, you’re immortal.

4 Likes

all i read was delete autodoc i agree

1 Like