CKEY: MightyMikeyy

Your Discord:Jo Gy

Offender’s CKEY: Unknown

Offender’s In-Game Name: Stephanie Rathens

Server (Sage or Acacia): Sage

Date (MM-DD-YYYY): 09.18,2022

Round Number: 40437

Rules Broken: You shall not Self antag

Incident Description: She was not on Crew Manifest so we were suspisious about it cuz no one knew her, later on we got reports from her assaulting someone by stabbing him, after i found her i chased her, she dodged my shots and threw a bola at me , after i tried to flee she somehow got plasma in the hallways and burned me down to death - she later made fun of me for not drop and rolling (i was in a hallway filled with flames how should that work…) i got burned right in the floors next to engineering. Afterwards i checked she wasnt even an antag,

Additional Information:
I try seeing this objective and even played along by shouting out her crimes and being very pissed for the murder , but after i saw she aint a antag and burned me down for fun this was less funny for me, since security got overwhelmed from all that stuff.

3 Likes

Hi, I was Stephanie Rathens that round, currently waiting on some additional information before I make a complete reply to this post, thank you for your patience.

1 Like

Hello again, so in this round I was a Lavaland Hermit, with the Tiger Cooperative Escapee background, hence not being on manifest. As I understand it, that background works in a similar way to the Survivalist, in terms of doing what you can to survive, working with the cards you’ve been dealt. As per burning you to death, I was genuinely surprised you died from that, I had fired off a single burst, thought you’d be able to get away since the fire only occupied like, 3 to 5 tiles in length anyhow.

How did this result in you returning to the station as a hermit, and where did the justification for the violence come in?

2 Likes

I died because i was 1. slowed down from your Bola and 2. Someone closed the fire doors and i was first blocked and still in the fire area and then crushed by them while burning, also that doesnt justify for hurting people and killing, as i found it first pretty good RP how we both argumented and conflicted with each other, i dont like the part where security got overrushed from work while HOS, me and a Deputiy were all busy with your case which made us fail many other cases like the one who broke into brigg, here is the List from results :

I eventually found some apathetic miners, and asked them to grant me safe passage, one threatened me with a PKA, which set the tone for how I thought the rest of the station would be. Once I was on the station, I had no money, I knew no one, and I assumed the rest of the station would be somewhat as hostile as the miners. So after doing a little grand theft to pawn off for some stuff at a local maint shop, I had already began digging myself a hole, which only deepened. The violence against the officer was in response to him reporting me to the rest of sec, as for the detective, it was meant to be more of a deterrent, but them being boia’d and not in range of an exit slipped my mind. (Also OOC I genuinely thought that they could put that out in time, it was a tiny fire that dissipated after a couple seconds.

Because 1 Miner threatened you , you had to go rogue alright, thats a bad reason. Also you didnt even try to get help by asking command or security for some help advice. As someone new on the station IC i would report the miner to command and telling them how you see them because of their miners action. Because someone reporting you means you will get searched and asked why the hell you doing stuff, in response of a normal report you went to pure violence, and even killed people in the process, i just tried to chase not to kill you (i used rubber shots in my gun AFTER you assaulted ) , so we can clear stuff out and integrate you into the Crew. What you did was worse then “Miner with KA threating me” and no realistic response for such action. You hurted People who were not even touching you, killed someone like a psycho (imagine you burn someone down in flames in real life cuz hes chasing you for a crime thats straight up sick and no act of “survival”) - all you did was self antagonizing! What i want to add is i would see it differently if you would assault the Miner since he was threatening you, (Act of Self Defense)

1 Like

in my eyes, what I did was justified, I came from a place that was hostile towards me, was met with hostility following my first encounter with NT crew, and expected the rest of the crew to be hostile. I don’t see a reason or point in asking command or security, assuming they’d be just as hostile. Assuming folks would be out to get me, I tried to lay low, make a discreet living without getting found by sec. Soon as Paul Blart (Mall Cop) reported to the rest of sec that he found me, blowing my cover, and to stop him from giving updates on my location, I tried stabbing him and running away. I had no way of knowing you wanted to clear things up, furthermore, when you started chasing me, you immediately pulled out your gun, and kept chasing me, making no indication you wanted to “Clear stuff out.” If I see someone chasing me with a gun, I’m assuming it’s not to “just talk.” You and security could’ve informed me in a dozen other ways you wanted to just talk it over, instead sec chose to send a security officer, and you chose to chase me with gun in hand.

Was the gun a lethal one or just a disabler.

1 Like

It was the detective’s .38 revolver

Then fair enough, your character could have no means of knowing if it was loaded with lethals or rubber shots.
However, this is still a massive overescalation on your part. And you’ve gotten banned for things like this before too.

1 Like

While I admit in the ban I received over 3 months ago my actions were poor, in this situation I feel as though my actions IC were justified given the circumstances.

Now first we were on Blue means security has weapons visible, now why should i come unarmed to a person who was stabbing a officer down??? You could have stayed at lavaland if you see us (NT) as hostile, yet you chose by your own to come aboard the Station and started a rampage which makes your own comment unrelative… Because which sane person with the intend of your called “survival” would go on a station full of hostile assholes? As next point, we did try to get you in other ways but since on your first encounter you choose violence over an unarmed (atleast im sure nothing lethal) deputy who was just telling us he found you, while i also remember people asking for you over comms. Like i said it was your choice to come aboard, means you from your side should have tried to get help or contact from the crew!

Now to show given circumstances and your response to it :

1. Miner finding you and threatens you (which is understandable since you could be hostile as they found you as a unknown dude on a burning hell) - You Responded by not self defending and joining them to come aboard which means you DONT see us hostile otherwise why would you do so?

2.We noticed you and saw you not on manifest, unarmed deputy sighted you and reported in so we can settle things at HOP - You Responded by stabbing him down simple because he “blowed your cover” and running away

1. Alert raised Detective with a Gun sighted and chased you, as you commited a crime so you should know why they want to get you, however detective didnt shoot on sight, he shot out of response for ressisting with a bola - You didnt freeze neither did you flee (which makes acts of “survival” unbelieveable), you put up a sort of fight by running around and throwing a bola, burning detective down and THEN running away after he is nothing but a burned corpse

now please consider reading this so you maybe see the circumstances you just mentioned

While I understand the point you’re trying to make, I’d like to elaborate.

What sane person would choose to instead stay on a hell-planet filled with monsters, lava, and ruins?

I had been shown apathy until I had entered the Lavaland Mining base, once in there I was threatened by said miner. At this point, I could not really go anywhere as I did not have access to the doors. I only had my knife at this point, and frankly, seeing as how PKA’s can cut through literal stone, I didn’t want to take the risk of being turned into mush.

Again, I had not been informed, directly or indirectly, that sec wanted to settle things at the HoP’s office. I had no way of knowing your intent.

I didn’t freeze because you were chasing me with a gun, if I had chosen to flee i had that tiny section of hallway left before I was cornered by the tcomms closet.

Again, I’d used the flamethrower as a deterrent, I fully expected you not to die from it considering the fire was small and it is extremely easy to put out. A quick stop, drop, and roll would usually have done the trick.

As i’ve said, killing you with the flame thrower was unintentional, Sorry about that, but I still see my actions as justified given the role and the circumstances leading up to the confrontation.

Also, i’d just noticed, the only “Antagonists” were 2 centcom officials, the threat score was 3, and no antags were actually executed. Seems like there’s another report to be made in the case of “One who broke into brig”

While i could understand having the knife as a self-defense tool since it’s provided to the Lavaland survivor why did you went out of your way to make a bola and a FLAMETHROWER, i’ve seen your ckey here and there so i know you don’t have 10 hours, you should know better at this point. Having a flamethrower for ‘‘self defense’’ is almost never accepted, even if it’s a weak mix you fuck up the atmos, trigger atmos alarms and on this case burned someone to death i’m curious about what other type of gear you had since this could very well be also powergaming.

1 Like

I hadn’t made either, I had traded for them from one of those stalls you see occasionally in maintenance. Though that’s besides the point I suppose. This was my backpack at the time of the stabbing, as well as a toolbox with the standard toolset, a cargo headset I had “appropriated”, and a executive suit I had also traded for.

We had other people who were maybe self antagonizing or griefing which i dont remember who exactly because we had our hands full with you

Were Mike Freeman and Roswell Bynum some of them?

I remember Mike Freeman the Lawyer got reported for some shit but some other officer was on that case i didnt see what he did personaly