Spooky Halloween Event Time

Hey hey people, it’s ya boy, the bus driver, back at it again with the overdesigned events. I’ll be holding a halloween themed event on Sunday, 31st October at 20:00 UTC. Details down below…

The Wreck of the NSS Darin Ahmed:

The NSS Darin Ahmed, a large (and I really do mean large, this ship is larger than most departments) stealth ship carrying part of NanoTrasen’s nuclear arsenal, has gone silent on patrol in Soviet space after sending a distress call. Later discovered drifting in space with no life signs or power, NanoTrasen dispatches an investigation team full of engineers, doctors and detectives to the ship to repair it and uncover what happened. But what doomed the ship? Was it the Soviets? The Syndicate? Incompetence? Mechanical failure? Or perhaps even something far worse…

Pick which of the two NT rescue ships depending on your gameplay preferences: either investigate the wreck on the exploration and investigation focused NSS Acasta or ward off unwanted guests in the combat focused NSS Ardent, or even just take a station ship and go interfere with the investigation. Perhaps you might even end up on a Russian or Syndicate ship lurking nearby.

There will be some signup roles here to ensure things will go smoothly:

• Captain of the Acasta: Kapu (no I’m not getting you a skirt)
  • Captain of the Ardent: spockye
  • NT Naval Architect: Engelwood

These players will get to take a tour of their respective ships (the Ahmed for the architect) in order to familiarise themselves with said ships, because there are multiple different ways for people to accidentally kill themselves with these ships, and I’d rather that didn’t happen, so you (in theory) should stop that happening.

See you there!

14 Likes

Do we sign up for the Captain Roles here? If so NT Naval Architect is in my books

1 Like

yes, I will add you now.

1 Like

i’d love to be the captain of the Ardent if possible

1 Like

did someone say Acasta Captain Kapu?

1 Like

god damn it i always miss the roles

1 Like

good things im an ego wormhole and make myself plot relevant anyway

1 Like

time to assemble the gang for one last heist

do we need to sign up for crew positions on the ships?
or is it random player madness

3 Likes

I’d love to be one of the doctors or detectives on the NSS Acasta, so how will the teams be picked out?

1 Like

Yeah! I’m interested on forming part of Acasta too. Do we need to do anything in particular?

1 Like

Both ships will have ghost role cryo pods which can be used to spawn on them, and will dock on station to pick up crew and supplies before setting off to the wreck. Either observe and pick a relevant ghost role or join the round normally and ask to board when they dock.

2 Likes

I wonder if I can still be a purpleshit roboticist on one of the ships :thinking:

1 Like

still holding out hope for a part 2, Taylor Fisher has been floating in space for a very long time

1 Like

Will the ship’s crew has special outfits ?
It would be very cool !

1 Like

join me on the Ardent, and we will make you the space

1 Like

Are there other roles to take?

1 Like

Aw shieet. No special roles for me but I’m more than happy just being crew, Cae events are always such a pleasure.

1 Like

Is there a chance we could organize this event twice so more people could enjoy it?

2 Likes

Events like these require skilled admins for the whole round.
But with all the efforts that went into the pre production i guess it would still be worth it to do it twice ?
But that’s ultimately to cae to decide.

1 Like

Blind slimegirl soldier lets goooo

2 Likes