Species Sensor for Nanite Programming

I don’t know if its deliberately not included as a possibility, but how it would feel good to be able to have them detonate or suppress non standard crew species automatically or on CAP’s command etc. Wouldn’t imagine this to be too incredibly hard as its listed in TG nanites wiki (possibly even Yoink the code?).

step one felinid detection
step 2 murder nanites linked to felinid detection
step thee ???
step 4 is BWOINK (profit)

3 Likes

That’d be a cool feature but i don’t see it used ever outside of self-antag or the occasional antag gimmick. Regular nanites are hardly ever used by antags to begin with.

how to use it non antag
make it sense non plasmas and IPC
make it temp change for the better

So what I’d imagine would work is a kill order to a host that doesn’t fit into any of the starting crew specie, as its likely not a crew member and likely a harmful entity. Its intended to work with sting trait from military tech as a seek and destroy kinda way, while also buffing whitelisted races.

Problem : it might kill Ian and similar mobs, the botanist that occasional turns into a skeleton, and other niche species that players could turn into. This could easily be resolved tho if the roster of identifiable specie is expanded.

So you can order them to kill anyone thats not a standard crew specie which is a double edged sword as you can possibly kill ling but also passive mobs that may even be players. A wider range of detectable specie will increase its viability as you can be more specific of your target group.