Ban Type:
Global
Ban Length:
Perma
Ban Date (YYYY/MM/DD/):
2023/02/25
Round ID:
Ban Reason:
Suspected griefing, attempted welderbomb.
Appeal Reason:
I enjoy this server and while I understand I was acting suspicious and sketchy, I harmed no one. I attempted to welderbomb the shuttle in the last seconds of the round as a joke, and while it would’ve been hilarious, it didn’t happen. All I did was drag a welder tank on board a shuttle. Then the suspected griefing, I dragged an AFK person that had been in one spot the entire round and cut off his head in a closet in the closing moments of a round. Victimless crimes. I get that I can’t go around terrorizing people as much as I would love to, I’ve had my fun and I do like playing here if I could possibly continue to do so.
Additional Information:
Beestation staff are my heroes.

Acting egregiously out of character before the round has actually ended isn’t victimless - it frequently cascades into chaos as others attempt to stop you and can also ruin the immersion of the round for others. Just because you didn’t directly harm another player’s character doesn’t necessarily mean it wasn’t harmful to the experience for others.

You must roleplay. You’re a professional working for a major corporation. Act like you want to keep your job.

• Roleplaying insanity or any other mental illness as an excuse to bypass this is not allowed. Nanotrasen would not have hired you in the first place.

To back this up with a hypothetical example:

Say the two of us are on the escape shuttle side by side. It’s already left the station, 90 seconds left in the round. You suddenly get the urge to stab my eyeballs out and pull a screwdriver to do so. I die a horribly gruesome death, but all I lost was the final minute or so of the round - no real harm done in the sense that I was removed from the round.

Imagine that same scenario but with a humanized monkey instead of me. It still looks like the same abrupt, psychotic episode to everyone else and it ruins the shuttle ride all the same.

1 Like

100% agree, this was also in an empty side of the station with no one around as well. It was an out of boredom thing and no I didn’t intend to ruin the immersion or anyone’s experience playing. It wasn’t a roleplayed moment, it was something to do while no one was around and nothing was going on. I shouldn’t have done it, sure. The welderbomb scenario was on the shuttle in the last seconds of the round, but yes that was around the other survivors. The gag was to welderbomb during map vote but again, it never even happened. Getting permabanned for something that didn’t happen nor involved any players online at the time seems extreme, especially without warning.

Were you the Lizard who stabbed to death an ssd assistant and took his id and stuff? I think that was on Glow.

Regardles, even if the welderbombing didn’t happen intentions matters, you need to remember that this is a roleplay server and that you need to act as a character, in fact some ssd players can return unless they’re fully catatonic, so perhaps that player that was ssd could’ve returned but would’ve find himself headless without knowing why.

As for punishment time and stuff, that’s up to the assigned admin to decide after reviewing your appeal, but i just wanted to hop in to add that and because i think i witnessed the murder part.

1 Like

I’m not sure what area it was, it was in a back area where there were some animals locked up and butchered, as far as there being anyone around there wasn’t a soul. It WAS an assistant though that had just got off the shuttle and logged off though and yes I had made a point to collect PDAs from corpses all round and transfer their credits to me because " Aghahahahah smoothskin give me coin" then kept their IDs, and yes I was a blueish lizard person with a robot voice. To be fair I had just had most the round taken from me because I was abducted and lizard trafficked between the chaplain and the roboticist doing experiments on me so I really was not roleplaying the remainder of the round, just screwing around. Had maybe 5 minutes left and hadn’t gotten to do anything fun so I chopped off someones head. I get it though, it’s not allowed and just because someone else did something doesn’t give me free reign to do whatever. I still don’t understand why I wasn’t given a warning before being permabanned. The welderbomb thing didn’t even happen that round and I could understand being banned for that but lopping off an AFK’s head in the last few minutes of a round doesn’t scream server terrorist.

This was eggregious, and I don’t like how unapologetic you are in the appeal.

There were victims in fact, and the fact that you didn’t succeed at welderbombing doesn’t matter to me since I had to go out of my way to stop you.
The fact that there weren’t more victims to your griefing isn’t an excuse for anything.

Go read the rules, you were warned, this cannot happen again.