Ban Type:
Role Ban
Ban Length:
Expire Date: 2050-09-24 12:26:57
Ban Date (YYYY/MM/DD/):
2023-02-18 12:26:57
Round ID:
Ban Reason:
Killed an antagonist in self-defense (fine) but then went out of their way to decapitate them, debrain them, and leave their brain in the Captain’s office (very much not fine). Then, while the ticket about that was ongoing, ran down and lethaled another antagonist instead of even attempted a non-lethal arrest. Argumentative and didn’t seem to understand how what they did was wrong. Recent note for disregarding SOP.
Appeal Reason:
I would like to explain the whole situation, listen to other staff’s opinions and discuss the possibility of lightening or voiding the punishment.
Additional Information:
I would like to add that this situation is very much grounded in context. First of all, the mime tried to assassinate me at the beginning of the shift. when I non-lethally arrested him the first time, he broke out of handcuffs with an implant and almost killed me with his gun and fists. he even followed me to medbay where I tried to heal and recharge my equipment. It was obvious that the mime would not under any circumstances accept being detained non-lethally. the next engagements with the mime were all under the pretense that he was trying to kill me on sight. and he did try, with his gun.

as for the execution in the captain’s office, I admit that decapitating their corpse was not the right thing to do. I heard them call out for help on their radio, and because the situation with the mime was still ongoing, I had to make a rushed decision. I’ll admit that it does indeed not correspond with SoP under normal circumstances, but I was in a bit of a hurry and debraining the body was an immediate way to prevent their ally from rescuing them anytime soon. I did so with the expectation that someone else was working with them and therefore would try to resuscitate them. And as the only member of security during that shift, I had felt as if I had no time to spare to ceremonially execute dead bodies or whatnot. I’ll admit that im responsible for this and did so out of very bad and panicked judgement. we cannot always do the right thing in these tense circumstances. I’m sorry.

1 Like

Round ongoing.
Other staff can still see this.

Also the duration was a typo.
The correct duration is a one-week role ban and a three-day server ban.
This much has been fixed.

Round concluded.

1 Like

Alright, so the biggest thing that I can’t understand the justification for is taking the time to de-brain them and hiding the brain in the Captain’s bathroom.
Essentially you were just completely round-removing them because you thought someone might try to revive them?
This just doesn’t make any sense to me but I would like other staff opinions on this.

As for the Mime, you chased them into maintenance and lethaled them. You could have even just put them into crit and then taken them to Medbay for an implant search, but you made sure that they were dead and even continuously beat the corpse as you were dragging them away.
Then you stuck the corpse in the permabrig without notifying anyone to come revive them.
This really just strikes me as attempting to redtext the valids without actually trying to roleplay a normal person running Security on a space station.

3 Likes

No response in a few days.
The server ban has expired and the job ban is almost expired.

Appeal denied.