Solomon Thornwell(Unknown) Player Report

Some time later security officer wearing full riot armor and weapons

We ended the round on blue I think, but I can’t tell when it was changed

Did Efe in this scenario fight back at all?

I mean I guess I hit them with the foamblade once or twice, and tried to shove him (riot gear moment) after getting bola’d?

Where did they break into?

…maint

(After I got verbal permission from HoP, since someone emp naded hopline)

1 Like
Escalation Policy
  1. Completely non-harmful and unarmed actions such as shoving into a wall or table
  2. Unarmed but harmful actions such as punching and kicking, or armed but non-harmful actions such as using a disabler or stun baton.
  3. Armed combat - using any item as a weapon to cause harm to someone
  4. Crit - you are responsible for seeing that your victim receives medical treatment.
  5. Kill - If you properly escalate to this step, no medical attention is required.

Security Clause: Security officers, the head of security and captain may escalate and skip to lethal force in accordance with Space Law’s use of deadly force . Non-antagonists may not use lethal force against security until after they have used it against you without being baited or forced into using it. This means critting or killing security that is doing their job properly is always over-escalation for non-antagonists. As a non-antagonist, you are expected to disable/bamboozle security and run away or submit to the arrest.

So you would be at absolute worst, step 2. Solomon went outright to step 3, then 4.

Security clause muddies it a bit

Deadly Force - Space Law

Use of Deadly Force

As a member of the stations Security force you are one of the best armed and protected people on the station, equipped with the almost latest in non-lethal takedown technology.

It is for this reason that the situations that warrant the use of Deadly Force are few and far between, in the grand majority of circumstances you will be expected to use your stun weapons, which indeed are many times more effective than lethal options, to diffuse a situation.

There are a few circumstances where deadly force is permissible:

• Code Red Situation - situations which would warrant a Code Red, such as: full blown mutinies, hostile boarding parties, and Space Wizards automatically authorise lethal force.
    Note: The Alert Status is not required to be elevated to Code Red as in most of these scenarios the Chain of Command will be too damaged or otherwise occupied to raise the Alert Level.
  • Non-Lethal Weapons Ineffective - certain targets are impervious to NLWs, such as Mechs, Xenomorphs, Borgs, and Hulks. Lethal force may be used against these targets if they prove hostile.
  • Severe Personal Risk - sometimes getting close enough to a target to slap the cuffs on will create significant personal risk to the Officer. Deadly force from range is recommended to subdue Wizards and Changelings.
    • Criminals in hostile environments such as space, fire, or plasma leaks also fall into this category, as do criminals believed to be in possession of high explosives. Ranged lethal force is the only reasonable option in these conditions.
  • Armed and Dangerous - if a suspect is in possession of weapons, including stun weapons, and you have reasonable suspicion that they will use these against you, lethal force is permitted. Although in the majority of cases it is still preferable to attempt to detain them non-lethally.
    • Unauthorized personnel in the armory are considered by default to be Armed and Dangerous, maximum force is permitted to subdue such targets.
  • Multiple Hostiles - it can be extremely difficult to detain multiple hostiles. As a last resort if you are being mobbed you may deploy your baton in a harmful manner to thin the crowd. Generally it is better to retreat and regroup than stand your ground.

It was not Code Red then or at any point, you could have easily been incapacitated non-lethally, while changelings are under severe personal risk this should have been thrown out the window the moment you proved the armbalde was fake, same goes for armed and dangerous, and should have been completely alone, so no multiple hostiles.

While using the harm batong wouldn’t necessarily have been something to write home about, that should’ve been stopped soon after it was revealed as fake.

2 Likes

It should be added that, during the round, I was the acting captain, while also being a tot, and a contracter; While me & another 2 traitors never went all that loud, there was also lings causing some chaos, and the whole reports of someone being abducted, for contractin, from CC. However, the armory was opened fairly early into the round, and Solomon was always wearing the riot armor + a shield whenever I saw them

2 Likes

Okay so I didn’t actually know about the lings in the round. Very early into the round I had “pranked” the AI into thinking I’m a ling for couple minutes before exposing the fake armblade. (AI and couple people played along with “oooh scary ling in hallway”).

Can’t say anything about the armory, but still I’d like the explanation why Solomon was using billy club instead of the stunbaton, and why did he beat me almost to death even though I dropped the fake armblade.

Also walking around with riot gear and shotgun waiting for slightest sight of the valid all round sounds kinda sus (amogus).

3 Likes

They were on blue alert at the time and seemingly had the equipment as a direct result of a previous encounter with a ling.

Holding a foam armblade is not ban baiting in any capacity.
It’d be ban baiting if they succumbed right after being crit and then claimed you killed them or something of the sort.

While I understand the initial confusion caused by someone holding a foam armblade chasing them through maintenance bludgeoning them when they aren’t fighting back is still rather excessive, you do have non-lethal options.

Logs

SAY: Efemu/(John Grandma) “what now” (Port Quarter Maintenance (126, 58, 2))
SAY: Efemu/(John Grandma) “haha” (Port Quarter Maintenance (127, 63, 2))
SAY: Talunio/(Solomon Thornwell) “You die!” (Port Quarter Maintenance (124, 58, 2))
EMOTE: Efemu/(John Grandma) farts (Port Quarter Maintenance (127, 63, 2))
ATTACK: Talunio/(Solomon Thornwell) has attacked [girder] with Billy club (Port Quarter Maintenance (143, 68, 2))
ATTACK: Talunio/(Solomon Thornwell) has attacked [scrubbers pipe] with Billy club (Port Quarter Maintenance (143, 68, 2))
ATTACK: Talunio/(Solomon Thornwell) has attacked [girder] with Billy club (Port Quarter Maintenance (143, 67, 2))
ATTACK: Talunio/(Solomon Thornwell) has attacked [scrubbers pipe] with Billy club (Port Quarter Maintenance (144, 69, 2))
ATTACK: Talunio/(Solomon Thornwell) has attacked Efemu/(John Grandma) with Billy club (INTENT: HARM) (DAMTYPE: BRUTE) (NEWHP: 90) (Port Quarter Maintenance (123, 67, 2))
ATTACK: Talunio/(Solomon Thornwell) has thrown the energy bola (Port Quarter Maintenance (113, 51, 2))
ATTACK: Talunio/(Solomon Thornwell) has thrown the energy bola (Port Quarter Maintenance (113, 49, 2))
ATTACK: Efemu/(John Grandma) has shoved Talunio/(Solomon Thornwell) (NEWHP: 97.6) (Port Quarter Maintenance (113, 48, 2))
ATTACK: Efemu/(John Grandma) has shoved Talunio/(Solomon Thornwell) (NEWHP: 97.6) (Port Quarter Maintenance (114, 49, 2))
ATTACK: Talunio/(Solomon Thornwell) has thrown the energy bola (Port Quarter Maintenance (113, 51, 2))
ATTACK: Talunio/(Solomon Thornwell) has threw and hit Efemu/(John Grandma) with the energy bola (NEWHP: 90) (Port Quarter Maintenance (113, 51, 2))
ATTACK: Efemu/(John Grandma) has attempted to touch Talunio/(Solomon Thornwell) (NEWHP: 97.6) (Port Quarter Maintenance (113, 50, 2))
SAY: Efemu/(John Grandma) “HUFK” (Port Quarter Maintenance (113, 49, 2))
ATTACK: Talunio/(Solomon Thornwell) has attacked Efemu/(John Grandma) with Billy club (INTENT: HARM) (DAMTYPE: BRUTE) (NEWHP: 80) (Port Quarter Maintenance (113, 50, 2))
ATTACK: Efemu/(John Grandma) has attempted to touch Talunio/(Solomon Thornwell) (NEWHP: 97.6) (Port Quarter Maintenance (113, 49, 2))
ATTACK: Talunio/(Solomon Thornwell) has attacked Efemu/(John Grandma) with Billy club (INTENT: HARM) (DAMTYPE: BRUTE) (NEWHP: 70) (Port Quarter Maintenance (113, 50, 2))
ATTACK: Efemu/(John Grandma) has shoved Talunio/(Solomon Thornwell) (NEWHP: 97.6) (Port Quarter Maintenance (114, 49, 2))
ATTACK: Talunio/(Solomon Thornwell) has attacked Efemu/(John Grandma) with Billy club (INTENT: HARM) (DAMTYPE: BRUTE) (NEWHP: 60) (Port Quarter Maintenance (113, 50, 2))
ATTACK: Talunio/(Solomon Thornwell) has attacked Efemu/(John Grandma) with Billy club (INTENT: HARM) (DAMTYPE: BRUTE) (NEWHP: 50) (Port Quarter Maintenance (113, 49, 2))
ATTACK: Efemu/(John Grandma) has attempted to touch Talunio/(Solomon Thornwell) (NEWHP: 97.6) (Port Quarter Maintenance (114, 49, 2))
ATTACK: Talunio/(Solomon Thornwell) has attacked Efemu/(John Grandma) with Billy club (INTENT: HARM) (DAMTYPE: BRUTE) (NEWHP: 40) (Port Quarter Maintenance (113, 49, 2))
ATTACK: Efemu/(John Grandma) has attacked Talunio/(Solomon Thornwell) with foam armblade (INTENT: DISARM) (DAMTYPE: BRUTE) (NEWHP: 97.6) (Port Quarter Maintenance (114, 49, 2))
ATTACK: Efemu/(John Grandma) has attacked Talunio/(Solomon Thornwell) with foam armblade (INTENT: HARM) (DAMTYPE: BRUTE) (NEWHP: 97.6) (Port Quarter Maintenance (114, 48, 2))
ATTACK: Talunio/(Solomon Thornwell) has attacked Efemu/(John Grandma) with Billy club (INTENT: HARM) (DAMTYPE: BRUTE) (NEWHP: 30) (Port Quarter Maintenance (113, 48, 2))
ATTACK: Efemu/(John Grandma) has attacked Talunio/(Solomon Thornwell) with foam armblade (INTENT: HARM) (DAMTYPE: BRUTE) (NEWHP: 97.6) (Port Quarter Maintenance (114, 48, 2))
ATTACK: Talunio/(Solomon Thornwell) has attacked Efemu/(John Grandma) with Billy club (INTENT: HARM) (DAMTYPE: BRUTE) (NEWHP: 20) (Port Quarter Maintenance (113, 49, 2))
ATTACK: Talunio/(Solomon Thornwell) has attacked Efemu/(John Grandma) with Billy club (INTENT: HARM) (DAMTYPE: BRUTE) (NEWHP: 12.5) (Port Quarter Maintenance (113, 49, 2))
ATTACK: Talunio/(Solomon Thornwell) has attacked Efemu/(John Grandma) with Billy club (INTENT: HARM) (DAMTYPE: BRUTE) (NEWHP: 2.5) (Port Quarter Maintenance (113, 49, 2))
ATTACK: Talunio/(Solomon Thornwell) has attacked Efemu/(John Grandma) with Billy club (INTENT: HARM) (DAMTYPE: BRUTE) (NEWHP: -7.5) (Port Quarter Maintenance (113, 49, 2))
ATTACK: Talunio/(Solomon Thornwell) has attacked Efemu/(John Grandma) with Billy club (INTENT: HARM) (DAMTYPE: BRUTE) (NEWHP: -17.5) (Port Quarter Maintenance (113, 49, 2))
ATTACK: Talunio/(Solomon Thornwell) has attacked Efemu/(John Grandma) with Billy club (INTENT: HARM) (DAMTYPE: BRUTE) (NEWHP: -25) (Port Quarter Maintenance (113, 49, 2))
ATTACK: Talunio/(Solomon Thornwell) has attacked Efemu/(John Grandma) with Billy club (INTENT: HARM) (DAMTYPE: BRUTE) (NEWHP: -32.5) (Port Quarter Maintenance (113, 49, 2))
ATTACK: Talunio/(Solomon Thornwell) has attacked Efemu/(John Grandma) with Billy club (INTENT: HARM) (DAMTYPE: BRUTE) (NEWHP: -42.5) (Port Quarter Maintenance (113, 49, 2))
ATTACK: Talunio/(Solomon Thornwell) has attacked Efemu/(John Grandma) with Billy club (INTENT: HARM) (DAMTYPE: BRUTE) (NEWHP: -50) (Port Quarter Maintenance (113, 49, 2))
ATTACK: Talunio/(Solomon Thornwell) has attacked Efemu/(John Grandma) with Billy club (INTENT: HARM) (DAMTYPE: BRUTE) (NEWHP: -60) (Port Quarter Maintenance (113, 49, 2))
ATTACK: Talunio/(Solomon Thornwell) has attacked Efemu/(John Grandma) with Billy club (INTENT: HARM) (DAMTYPE: BRUTE) (NEWHP: -70) (Port Quarter Maintenance (113, 49, 2))
SAY: Talunio/(Solomon Thornwell) “He got to be fucking kidding me” (Port Quarter Maintenance (113, 49, 2))
SAY: Talunio/(Solomon Thornwell) “He got to be fucking kidding me” (Port Quarter Maintenance (113, 49, 2))
ATTACK: Talunio/(Solomon Thornwell) has handcuffed Efemu/(John Grandma) (NEWHP: -74) (Port Quarter Maintenance (113, 49, 2))
ATTACK: Talunio/(Solomon Thornwell) has grabbed Efemu/(John Grandma) passive grab (NEWHP: -74.7) (Port Quarter Maintenance (113, 49, 2))
ATTACK: Talunio/(Solomon Thornwell) has grabbed Efemu/(John Grandma) aggressive grab (NEWHP: -75.3) (Port Quarter Maintenance (113, 49, 2))

How were they disturbing the peace in this situation?

6 Likes

Of note is that john DID use the foam armblade during the fight… making it extremely obvious it was a fake.
Solomon then hit him ~10 more times before cuffing him and brigging him where the other part of the report continues

Edit: Adding that, with how often solomon calls himself robust, and how many other players agree with him,
Thinking solomon would not be able to notice the extremely obvious attack from foam armblade, or not notice the armblade dropping on the floor, when you’re that good at combat, is just straight up dumb and false.

The whole outburst of anger leading to brigging for 15 min (what even is the crime ? being beaten to death ?) and removing gear (that wasn’t ever used in front of him) makes that fact even worse

4 Likes

Of note is that john DID use the foam armblade during the fight… making it extremely obvious it was a fake.

damn, my bad :^)

4 Likes

@talek See my above post.

5 Likes

Seems they won’t be responding any further unfortunately.

Report processed.