Sole admin app p2. is it too soon? ummmm

Your CKEY (Including any alts you have):

longines main, sole2299 banned alt, TONTA

Your Discord Name (Including any alts you have):

sole​#4923

How often are you online to play/admin? (Timezone):

eastern standard, i play mostly from 7 PM to 2 AM pretty much every day

What changes, if any, would you bring?:

there’s not anything i’m planning to change besides helping with the improvement of LRP

How old are you?:

i’m 21

Why do you want to be an admin?:

i think there’s a need, and i think i’d be good at it

How long have you been playing SS13?:

a year and a month or two

How long have you been playing BeeStation?:

since i started ss13. 1k live hours

On a scale of 1-10, how skilled are you in SS13?:

i’m no 6

On a scale of 1-10, how skilled are you as an admin?:

never been an admin, so by all technical aspects i’m a 1. but concerning looking at situations with an objective eye, i can get it done. well.

Have you ever been an admin on another server? This is not limited to SS13:

no

Do you have any alternate accounts on SS13? If so, could you provide their CKEY?:

sole2299, TONTA

Your strengths:

-focused
-willing to learn and improve
-i’m smart
-i’m persistent, i don’t give up

Your weaknesses:

-i could be more familiar with my strengths as opposed to my weaknesses
-tendency to use profanity
-i can be inconsistent
-i can veer into irrationality amidst overreaction
-checkered past

Is there anything that gets you really mad, real fast?:

indifference. this is a personal problem that i’m not sure I’ve really dealt with yet

What do you think is the most important trait for a staff member to have?:

willingness, objectivity, moral clarity, and perspective. that’s WOMP. HEEEYEEYEEYAAAAAAAA

What makes a staff team good?:

cohesiveness for moving in a certain direction, individuality for better quality ideas

What is a staff team’s purpose?:

executing any idea, generally, is easier when you have people you can work and communicate with around you.

What kind of player are you?:

i typically play cmo on golden, i mostly focus on: setting up medbay, waiting for ppl to die, being an antag, upping my self-defenses via guns, and l i z a r d c i v i l r i g h t s

How do you think you will change once you become a staff member?:

honestly besides being less combative, i hope i don’t change that much. not planning on it (this is still true)

The clown slips the HoS and steals his gun, spacing it right after. What do you do?:

tell the clown you shouldn’t mess with antag objectives, then tell the clown that spacing the HOS gun qualifies as messing with antag objectives. first offense is a warning + a note so it’s on the record that the first offense happened… then 2nd offense and 3rd offense are bans which lengths i would determine based on previous other bans and notes*

*i’ll just say that while i don’t recommend mouthing off to admins, that i don’t expect remorse in a ticket. i would expect consequences to generate remorse, not my words

A non-antagonist is sabotaging the Atmospherics loop and pumping plasma into the distro, along with dragging around a canister and releasing it into the atmosphere. Assuming that another admin is cleaning up the after-effects, how do you conduct the ahelp with him?:

this is blatant self-antag. blatant self-antag, to me, means an unavoidably lengthy ban. i would immediately call grief and permaban if it was a very new account, but if not i would do at the minimum 2 weeks

A chemist who is working alone accidentally mixes an explosive mixture inside of his chem dispenser, instantly killing himself and destroying the machine, along with exposing Chemistry to space. Nobody else was injured aside from him as a result of his actions. What do you do?:

nothing

PLZ READ THIS B4 COMMENTING. I’M ASKING U

i had originally planned not to reapply for admin a couple of months, bc my first application went a little haywire (although that was to be expected). i was thinking that i might show other admins in game, or even on the discord, that i don’t spout unwarranted lunacy, even when i’m very upset. but honestly, i can’t be sure i can change the admin opinion on me without being on the admin team. what i mean by this is that i would have to force clearly contrived interactions with people who are on the fence about me. if u can understand where i’m coming from when i say this, then you understand why that plan won’t work. i know that i can be a volatile person, but listen to me when i tell you that this will not be a bad thing. i need to be given a chance that goes beyond observing my player in game and observing me in the discord.

*application is partly copied and pasted from my other application. some of my answers were already heavily edited and i didn’t see reason in adjusting them, or i just liked them

**i’m not banned from the discord anymore.

2 Likes

In the past you’ve had issues with responding poorly to players that harass or otherwise bait you.

If you were to be accepted as an administrator, how would you try to work past that?

first- to get this out of the way- i didn’t place much pressure on myself, especially in the beginning, to respond well. bc it was the internet and i wasn’t trying to become an admin. so ya i admit that would be a factor in responding to trolls now

but besides that, i’ve made a somewhat of a conscious effort to chill from when i started taking the game seriously, or at least taking the people in game seriously (this is referring to in game behavior not forum behavior). i can’t say that it’s always clear to me when someone is trolling, but i’m getting to a point where aimlessly engaging with others is a waste of my time. i can promise that when or if i enage trolls, that i’ll stop typing before i lose my cool. (i can promise bc i’m comparing how much it used to happen vs how much it happens now)

It was noticing that difference in behavior + obvious care for the game that made me recommend them before their last application.

Anyone willing to make such a dramatic change in outward behavior without being prompted to or attempting to reach for power still has a vote of confidence from me, at least for being given a chance.

+1

1 Like

Thanks for the response.

I feel confident on voting for you to be an admin.

1 Like

Seems like a sincere answers and a good attempt to improve their behavior.
I think it’s worth giving them a chance.

+1
(Bloons +1)
T:+3

1 Like

im still feeling sort of … iffy about you, but you do seem to have made an effort to change your behaviour.
Maybe i’ll make some questions for you later if i feel like it.

+1/3 for now

1 Like

i’ll answer any question. any question at all

You 100% have made huge strides to be a better player in-character and out.

This is a fun one for Golden: You notice a slew of burner accounts making connections from similar addresses, for sake of example Estonia or Lithuania, but different CIDs. What is happening? What do you do with this information?

1 Like

Okay, Questions time.

1. You wish to run an event on one of the servers. Whats the proper procedure for this?

2. You bwoink someone for having a bad name on MRP, they send you the n word as an answer. What do you do?

3. An Assistant ahelps complaining that he’s been brigged for 15 minutes. Your actions, if any?

4. IPC atmos tech decides he’s done doing fusion, and goes to cryo. You discover multiple people have been given lethal doses of rads trough this, but you only notice after he has already disconected. What do?

idk if ur thinking of who i’m thinking of, i’m thinking of that hacker guy who’s literally a regular at this point.

But uh, i assume that this person is making burner accounts in prep for being banned or killed in the round they’re about to grief. last night this happened and we had brother jeff on. he did what i would’ve done, which is stealthmin and wait for the guy to come back- so to ban as many accounts as possible, since it seems like it takes 4 or 5 minutes to make each burner account

take and get a majority vote in game, inform the players who are about to participate of essential info, stick around for the entire round, get approval from a senior admin (or headmin if u adjust the rules)

yes i checked the admin conduct page b4 writing this

do i smell insubordination? the common play by play i see admins do when they’re dealing with someone who shows 0 intention to cooperate, is a permaban with text telling them to make an appeal. all i would add to that is i’d tell them i’d be lenient if they made a decent appeal.

can’t remember if 10 minutes is the max timer, or 15 minutes is. if there’s no timer going, then i’d need someone responsible for brigging them to give a solid, permabrig worthy reason as to why they’re in there.

if the timer does go to 15 minutes and im dumb, i’d try to find out why they were brigged from someone who might know why. then check their logs with space law open on another page, to make sure everything adds up.

if shit’s fishy- then i would do some type of role ban or server ban depending on the circumstances. i gotta imagine it’s worth the time it takes to hold sec players accountable.

a day server ban that says not to do fusion if they feel like they’re gonna have to leave early.

Thats what i was checking with 1), good.

For 2), yes that would be acceptable and likely also my reaction. Just giving them an appearance ban would however also be okay if you’re feeling generous. But yes, good. Espechaly if they’re also a 0 hour account.

For 3), yep thats about right. Basicaly just see if the Crimes they commited are matching their sentance and they dont get permad for shoving someone. Security needs to follow spess law.

For 4) i guess the sit i gave can be interpreted multiple ways - i think you assumed the containment failed, which would make your response resonable.

I was originaly imagineing that the atmos tech themselves was irradiated and spread the rads by walking through the halls, which would be concerning in a diffrent way.

Overall good responses, a further +2/3, making for a full +1 from me.

T: +4 ( assumeing bloons response is supposed to be a +1)

ok good point. wasn’t sure why u made him an ipc

thanks🤙hang ten brah

+1

Please don’t fuck up if you get accepted.

I’ve watched you play and seen you go from silly and annoying to silly and helpful and I hope this doesn’t end badly. Stay cute longines.

2 Likes

thanks guy. i was annoying? ?? ??? ??

+/- 0 for now. You have a spotty record at best, but genuine attempts to improve are good. I might be ok with a trial period, especially as we need more LRP admins. Don’t screw this up.

1 Like

I’m in the same boat as Caecilius.

yup lol. believe me i hear that