SolaireofAstora Admin Application

Your CKEY (Including any alts you have):
Solaire503

Your Discord Name (Including any alts you have):
SolaireofAstora#3840

How often are you online to play/admin? (Timezone):
Often online from around 6pm-7pm and play until 11pm-12am (EST). On weekends this time starts anywhere from 12pm-4pm.

What changes, if any, would you bring?:
I would be able to contribute to the team dynamic of the admin staff, while also hopefully contributing to the fun factor of the players.

How old are you?:

Why do you want to be an admin?:
I really quite enjoy SS13 and I love being one that can assist/support players while also making sure that everyone on board the station has a positive experience. We’re all here to have fun, but let’s make sure that everyone is actually having fun without ruining it all for others.

How long have you been playing SS13?:
I started playing around May or June of 2019.

How long have you been playing BeeStation?:
I played BeeStation LRP since near the beginning, everyone said it was a great starter server. I recently moved over to MRP and have loved the experience so far.

On a scale of 1-10, how skilled are you in SS13?:
I would comfortably say about a 6-7. Can do some roles really well, but I could hardly atmos, and could SM with only a few moments of panic.

On a scale of 1-10, how skilled are you as an admin?:
I would say much more of a 7-8. IRL I am in a role that requires me to adjudicate violations of policies and rules, which makes it somewhat translatable but also prior admin/GM experience on other games. I do have little/no knowledge of admin commands/abilities, but I would love to learn.

Have you ever been an admin on another server? This is not limited to SS13:
I used to run an Ultima Online Server, and for a small period of time was a GM on a private WoW server. Also a Discord Admin for a D&D server.

Do you have any alternate accounts on SS13? If so, could you provide their CKEY?:
I don’t.

Your strengths:
Committed, compassionate, quick to learn, open to feedback. I really want other people to have fun and enjoy themselves.

Your weaknesses:
Can get frustrated with powergamey/meta behavior. Will often forget to support myself and focus on others.

Is there anything that gets you really mad, real fast?:
Murderboning and just being a dick for being a dick’s sake. But honestly it takes a lot to get me truly heated. I try my best to understand where others are coming from, but if someone makes me be an asshole, well, here we go.

What do you think is the most important trait for a staff member to have?:
Understanding, if we’re able to look at situations from multiple perspectives and try not to make snap judgments, everyone can feel heard and listened to more, but we can also say we did our due diligence before acting.

What makes a staff team good?:
Cohesion and communication. If we can work together well, and keep each other updated on what’s happening, it makes everyone’s lives easier. Nothing is more miserable than staff who make inconsistent decisions or snap judgments without talking to their fellow teammates.

What is a staff team’s purpose?:
To make the servers more fun and enjoyable for all. That can range from being involved and creating awesome events to enforcing and adjudicating the rules so that those who seek to ruin that fun are disciplined and the rest of the playerbase can go on unaffected.

What kind of player are you?:
I try my best to be a supportive team player. In whatever role I’m in, if I can help others I will, even if that’s cooking a burger for the starving miner who spent too long in Lavaland.

How do you think you will change once you become a staff member?:
I hope to grow and understand the game on an even deeper level, and become more and more skilled in its intricacies.

The clown slips the HoS and steals his gun, spacing it right after. What do you do?:
This truly depends on how exactly it happened. Did HoS have his gun out? I mean yikes but I feel like one of the first habits to learn is to not have items in hand unless you intend to use it immediately or if it’s not important. Sounds like a quality educational prank to me.

Now if the clown specifically slips and steals the gun from his pack, I would recover the weapon/spawn a new one for HoS and reach out to the clown to try and understand motives/help to educate the clown on the line between quality prank and douchey behavior.

A non-antagonist is sabotaging the Atmospherics loop and pumping plasma into the distro, along with dragging around a canister and releasing it into the atmosphere. Assuming that another admin is cleaning up the after-effects, how do you conduct the ahelp with him?:

This whole situation just strikes me as a big yikes. I would try and remove the player from the situation immediately, and assist with cleanup if possible. With the player removed, I would then try and understand why he felt this was necessary, and try to educate on how this could seriously dampen everyone’s experience on the server. After hearing the reasoning, and depending on the player’s conduct during our conversation, we would look at how to sanction him. Is he rather apologetic and seems to have learned? Perhaps a temporary ban for a few days. Does he seem unapologetic and rather careless? Time to look at more extreme ban measures.

A chemist who is working alone accidentally mixes an explosive mixture inside of his chem dispenser, instantly killing himself and destroying the machine, along with exposing Chemistry to space. Nobody else was injured aside from him as a result of his actions. What do you do?:
Wow, I feel this one. As a young chemist who had dreams of making the magical heal-salves to change the world and dying miserable and in space, this happens sometimes. I don’t think this is harmful to anyone except the chemist who obviously will have learned a great lesson. Engineering can easily come in and accomplish repairs. Honestly, this chemist’s silly mistake just made things much more interesting and exciting for other roles on the station!

Kain is 2- this and it is true.

As you seem to have a grand knowledge of the game.

The atmos question.

Those who perform the sacred and vile art of atmos dumbfuckery, while also dragging around an open canister, likely have been playing the game for quite a while. And as such, they would likely have knowledge of how they are effecting the game and that it is not a good thing to be doing.

Their own admissions to morality are not of judgement here, it is the time they’ve actually played, and of course past notes of bad behavior. And it typically winds up being a permaban minimum, be it from the server or from engineering and of course head roles.

I’ll be a reasonable person and give you a +1.

Also the clown question also has the issue of whether or not it’s a antag objective.

Or not hmg. 20 characters

Thanks Kain, I totally understand your point about the atmos question. I also agree, if the clown is an antag then it’s being handled correctly IC, but if they’re just being, well, a clown, then that’s where I’m curious of where was the gun on the HoS’ person before they snagged it!

You only have 29 hours on the server.

I totally get that! If it makes any difference, it’s been going up lots more day by day :slight_smile: I’ll keep working at it.

Kain, you peabrain, plasma flooding with an open canister of plasma isn’t actually plasma flooding. You’re filling a room. While, yes, in both cases you’d need knowledge on how to plasma flood. The answer given was actually quite reasonable and hits home with the five plasma flooders Ive dealt with.
This answer is actually open ended and shows that the result changes on the situation, like gamemode, certain antags, etc.

I would like to +2 this but I can’t.

~30 hours on the server is just too little. Come back when you’re accumulated more and I think you have a good chance on getting accepted.

One last thing, your time zone and the times you’re available is when Bastian, some other Trailmins, and I are usually on. So we don’t really need someone who fits into that time frame.

-2 on this one.

Thanks for the feedback Kerbin! I’ve been playing as much as possible as of late so hopefully the hours’ll grow quickly :slight_smile:

I’m glad you’re taking it well. I hope to see you apply after you rack up a few more hours on the server.

After being informed of the time, I honorably must give a -1. Looks nice and all, but time on the server itself is always required.

Obligatory -2. I have more hours in a game I got last week then you have on this server… A bit low, to be honest.

For that and the answers I’d give +2, but as the admin sometimes has to do mentors job, the experience is required, so it gives you -2 because of only 34 hours (for now).
All added up it makes 0, so it’s 0 from me.

-2 extremely low in game hours.

even if you were literally a biblical saint with perfect judgement, how would you expect to be a good admin when you don’t have enough experience to know all the game’s mechanics?

Playtime update - 41h (38h/2h)

Closing. You’re welcome to apply at a later date.