Small feature megathread

Some maps give chef access to botany and other don’t. Can we standardize this to allow chefs access across all maps? I found it helpful on lowpop or rare instances.

The rare justification for access is: when there’s no botanist, when there’s no command to provide access, when AI laws do not permit requests to access, etc.

The common justification is a tendency for botany to not grow things until every tray is glowing, every plant is perfect, and so on leading to 45+ minutes of… botany forgetting to grow food even once that’s done.

Being able to go in, lay some crops, and help (sometimes help yourself) would be appreciated.

I don’t want botany to be slaves to chef if they don’t want to be, and I also don’t want to be beholden to uncooperative botanists.

4 Likes

Apid honey bug (pun intended), 1 sip of crafted honey will get you from starving to fat for a very long time.

I had a go and it was terrible, here’s the concepts:

Beeble. Yellow cover with bee on front.
Holy Stinger: Sord template as it shapes works, with black and yellow reskin.
Bee Robes: Either Bee Costume with white designs on top, or the Imperial Costume but black and yellow reskin.

1 Like

Was already thinking of putting the sword in, the staff I have drawn is kind of goofy looking (it has a golden bee figurine on the end). Maybe the carved stinger of a giant space hornet? I dunno, flavour text isn’t my strong suit.

Wasn’t considering doing a bible, I’ll start on that.

The robes, eh. There’s beekeeper suits and be suits already, and a yellow robe from the armamants beacon. I think there’s enough silly and non-silly outfits for the chaplain to use if they want a bee theme.

I’d like to do an altar too, with an associated set of rituals. Maybe a honeycomb looking one with a vase of flowers or two on it? For rituals, I was thinking of having people gain favor by donating fruit and flowers, and use that favor to summon queen bees. I don’t want to copy the apid’s wax/honey gimmick for a couple of reasons.

Here’s what the staff looks like so far: imgur . com/nPOq6Rv.png

name = "staff of the bumblebee"
desc = "A large golden statuette of a honeybee adorns the head of this holy relic. A razor sharp obsidian stinger is embedded in its base."
1 Like

it’d need to be 9 of each. chap rods do 18 damage

1 Like

There should be an inactive GPS beacon on the Plant Person ship. If they want to turn it on and trade, the miners can know this.

Also they need shutters controlled only from the inside of their ship. Sometimes it would just be not worth it for miners to try hacking through them ir thorough a wall to get rare seeds

Drawable blood from farm animals like cows, chickens and Goats, so that a Cook with abit of help from Chemistry or Med in general can cook stuff that isn’t only a species difference from cannibalism on the scientific classification chart.

Stoner Suggestions:

1. Able to craft several rolling papers together to make the Camberwell Carrot Able to incorporate several dried plants into one very large and carrot shaped “rollie”

2. Space Brownie. “This is like a special brownie, man.” 1 Pastry Base, 1 Chocolate Bar, 1 Weed. Square of chocolate, keeps the chems of the weed used.

2 Likes

have the ability to attach Epi pens and such auto injectors to those health sensors you can print from the autolathe, additionally some more settings/states that the health sensor can activate at such as medium/orange health state.

Thusly you can keep one in your pocket with an Epi attached, if shit hits the fan you get auto-doc’d with some juice to heal you or at the least make patching you up easier.

Make the crafting recepie require a borg hand and tape and it will be perfect

1 Like

I was just thinking having a single slot option for it, additionally it HAS to be the autoinjectors because otherwise standard syringes will be used to inject ALL SORTS of bullshit chemical cocktails like a Omizine Bathsalts syringe for making killing someone a nightmare.

How about having it replace the ear slot? Wonder if there’s a game that did this exact same thing…

Also, we need the medical huds to display the skull symbol instead of heartbeat symbol on bodies that can’t be revived due to other reasons than the timer (nothing is more annoying than a DNR’d ghost that you didn’t notice mid-surgery)

1 Like

I should clarify that when I say “Single slot option” I mean the sensor can only have one injector inserted at a time.

Make monkeys occasionally shoot in a random direction when they’re holding a gun

6 Likes

Make it so that fully wearing a Security gasmask and then using *laugh, instead produces a chuckle akin to this.

1 Like

Integrate the crew pin pointer function into crew monitoring consoles and hand held crew monitor, selecting a name on the list with maxed suit sensors or when in proximity like the round start paramedic pin-pointer.

2 Likes

Can we add a bell to the hop line to (annoy) get the hops attention

8 Likes

I foresee an uptick in Hop-line flash usage if this occurs.

1 Like

Add a trapdoor to the HoP line that dumps them out into hyperspace.

6 Likes